cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get $20 for Free When You Sign Up for KOHO with the Code PUBLICMOBILE

So is  this like a pre paid visa, we load it and  use it as we please? Im so confused with public mobile

Tags (1)
Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tashtallen23 wrote:

So is  this like a pre paid visa, we load it and  use it as we please? Im so confused with public mobile

Public Mobile and KOHO have partnered for a promo. I don't believe they are affliated with one another. More info on KOHO can be found on their website. But I think you are correct that they are just sort of a prepaid visa with some saving options and an app.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tashtallen23 wrote:

Im confused. Is this like a credit  card or a card we can only use online.

@tashtallen23 wrote:

So ia this like a pre paid visa, we load it and  use it as we please? Im so confused with public mobile

KOHO is a physical prepaid VISA card that can be used like any other VISA card.  KOHO also has a feature where you can set up another virtual VISA card for online purchases to vendors you do not fully trust.  You can delete the KOHO VISA virtual card easily and set up a new one as needed.

Once you get a Koho VISA card, you can add funds to the account by various means, Interac e-Transfer from your bank being the easiest and cheapest way of doing so.

Public Mobile is involved as a cross promotion tool.  You already get a $2 monthly discount if you link your credit card to Public Mobile, and this KOHO card can serve as a decent way to get that to happen, especally for people that can not or do not want to use a credit card.

I have not found any real downside to the KOHO card.  Your credit rating is not affected, positive or negative.  There is an inactiving fee after a year, but that should not be a problem if you use this card from time to time.  You do need to submit some personal information, but that is a requirement by law.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I missed that. Hope to see some better offer again.

Amazing card. So many useful features and zero fees.
My referral code has lots of uses left if you want $60 free :
(Remember to make a direct deposit of at least $200 to get the full bonus. You'll get $20 auto, then $40 for the deposit)

edited by computergeek541 (attempt to solicit for financial gain)

(removed by computergeek541 - community terms of service regarding posting public messages for financial gain)

Mayor / Maire

@WoodpeckerBaby wrote:

A fresh code I found gave me $20 when I signed up! 

Joins community 1 second later tries to make money. Nice. Sounds like solicitation spam.

@computergeek541Smiley Wink