cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts deleted after editing

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AnonymousMy post keeps getting deleted for some reason. Maybe I am not supposed to copy the public mobile agreement here? Either way Public mobile promises the safety of your information, whether or not they keep that is another story, but at least they say they do. Koho admits to selling your information for profit and blatantly lies about the first thing they promise.

I will put my trust in Public Mobile, not Koho.

(messages separated from another thread by computergeek541)

17 REPLIES 17

@6500K wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@6500K wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

The system seemed to have flagged my message.  And when I got the private message from Public, it wasn't from just one of the mods; it was from someone higher up. 

Yet you were still able to achieve oracle status - remarkable!  There is hope for all of us now.  lol

hahaha - Just someone saying something that the company can improve or helping someone contact CCTS doesn't disqualify you.

It's in my nature to be curious about these "red flagged" words, but I'd better not.  Congrats on you oracle status - I'm so jealous of your custom avatars.  Smiley Very Happy Heart

When I posted that message, and used that forbidden word a bunch of times, you know that I was just kidding.  But, thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@6500K wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

The system seemed to have flagged my message.  And when I got the private message from Public, it wasn't from just one of the mods; it was from someone higher up. 

Yet you were still able to achieve oracle status - remarkable!  There is hope for all of us now.  lol

hahaha - Just someone saying something that the company can improve or helping someone contact CCTS doesn't disqualify you.

It's in my nature to be curious about these "red flagged" words, but I'd better not.  Congrats on you oracle status - I'm so jealous of your custom avatars.  Smiley Very Happy Heart

@6500K wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

Jessica_T

@Anonymous wrote:

Phew. I was wondering if they were scanning pm's. I suppose obviously they could be but...

@AnonymousPublic Mobile has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or log any Public Mobile Internet site or use of the service.

All text, comments, messages information, data, graphics, interfaces, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, artwork, software, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, video and code, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of the foregoing, (together “Content”) on the Site is proprietary and is owned, controlled or licensed by or to PUBLIC MOBILE

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
I never had any issue wtih my service but from the title of that private message, it was pretty clear, at least to me, that the community software automatically filtered through and alerted the moderators and staff of my use of a "bad word".

Private message from them or it scanned your forum post? If your private message then....?!

I must have been posting in some thread about someone complaining about Public Mobile and probably mentioned that CCTS was always an option to try to resolve a dispute.

I then got a message private message from Public Mobile, but the title of the private message was something like "messaged contained CCTS" or  "term CCTS was found within post", a tittle that didn't sound like something that someone would manually type in.  I don't think it was a matter of an employee reading my post and then mistakingly believing that I was the person who was having difficulties with my service.  The system seemed to have flagged my message.  And when I got the private message from Public, it wasn't from just one of the mods; it was from someone higher up. 

Phew. I was wondering if they were scanning pm's. I suppose obviously they could be but...

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
I never had any issue wtih my service but from the title of that private message, it was pretty clear, at least to me, that the community software automatically filtered through and alerted the moderators and staff of my use of a "bad word".

Private message from them or it scanned your forum post? If your private message then....?!

I must have been posting in some thread about someone complaining about Public Mobile and probably mentioned that CCTS was always an option to try to resolve a dispute.

I then got a message private message from Public Mobile, but the title of the private message was something like "messaged contained CCTS" or  "term CCTS was found within post", a tittle that didn't sound like something that someone would manually type in.  I don't think it was a matter of an employee reading my post and then mistakingly believing that I was the person who was having difficulties with my service.  The system seemed to have flagged my message.  And when I got the private message from Public, it wasn't from just one of the mods; it was from someone higher up. 

Jessica_T

One post was deleted immediately, no editing. The other was deleted after editing it 3 times in a short period of time to clean up the public mobile agreement for legibility reasons. Removing extra lines. Then italic font with "quotes". Then reduced the size of it to make my quote of "I trust public mobile" at the bottom clear. Because in no way do I have any issues with Public Mobile and can only say good things.

It's too late, I already sent a message to the moderator team after finding the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@computergeek541@AnonymousYou are right. I did a bit of searching and found these. I contacted the moderator team requesting my account to be unblocked as I am not a spammer.

It's not about your account as you've just been able to post more. I'm pretty sure it was a bunch of edits. Did you do a bunch of edits? Or of course some wording got automagically filtered.

The community site does lots of funny things. 

There are certain buzzwords that you can say that will get the attention of Public Mobile staff. During a discussion about how to make a complaint about Public Mobile, I mentioned CCTS, and the next day, I got a message from an employee with title similar to "message contained the word CCTS" and the staff member asking if my problem was ever fixed.  I never had any issue wtih my service but from the title of that private message, it was pretty clear, at least to me, that the community software automatically filtered through and alerted the moderators and staff of my use of a "bad word".

So, here you go Public Mobile!    CCTS CCTS CCTS CCTS CRTC CRTC CRTC

LOL.  I am uncertain if that type of appartently automatic analysis of our messages is still done by the website software, but if it still does that, this message will have triggered some type of flag.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@computergeek541@AnonymousYou are right. I did a bit of searching and found these. I contacted the moderator team requesting my account to be unblocked as I am not a spammer.

It's not about your account as you've just been able to post more. I'm pretty sure it was a bunch of edits. Did you do a bunch of edits? Or of course some wording got automagically filtered.

@AnonymousI must have misunderstood

I have also lost posts. I've never asked for whatever that is to be done to my account. I have been able to post all this time. I wouldn't bother the mods. But that's just me.

Jessica_T

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@AnonymousI must have misunderstood

@RobertQc wrote:
Send a message to the moderator team. No really. They will do something to your account to stop this from happening in the future. It's a part of their spam / autoflag system.

@Mary_M wrote:

you should also be able to post without an issue 🙂

After mary removed this "block" it never happened again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

Jessica_T

@Mary_M wrote:

After thoroughly looking into it, I was able to locate your posts - It seems like a few words triggered a "spam alert" and quarantined the posts. I have filtered through them, and released them - they are all visible now.

Cheers,

Mary

and

@RobertQc wrote:
@Psygineer wrote:

This isn't the first time I have noticed this. I just finished typing out a lengthy (and helpful as it almost instantly got two bravos) post and when I noticed a typo I fixed it. I went back to the post and it was gone. The Bravos also vanished. There were no links in it and no inappropriate content. I'm just curious why it was either auto-modded (maybe because edited it a couple of times?) or if I somehow pushed some button on it? I lost my ability to reply to that thread too.

@PsygineerSend a message to the moderator team. No really. They will do something to your account to stop this from happening in the future. It's a part of their spam / autoflag system.

@Mary_M wrote:I'm really sorry to hear that some of your posts were filtered out and "disappeared". Rest assured that I can definitely look into this for you.

After locating your posts, I can see that they were in fact filtered out. This is an automatic feature that occurs when certain keywords trigger a "spam alert".. No worries, I have just removed the block and your posts should now be visible - you should also be able to post without an issue 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

After mary removed this "block" it never happened again

@Anonymous wrote:

I think read a while ago that if you do a bunch of fast edits on a post that it "deletes" it. Maybe.

I saw it. Looks like computergeek541 captured it.

With a bunch of edits within a short time period, I would say maybe 3 or 4 message edits will cause that.  Your messages will just vanish, and if you look at your community profile, you'll be able to see messages that get categorized as "awaiting moderation".  The messages will never get moderated and never be put back unless you contact the moderators.  It's just easier to post the message again.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@AnonymousMy post keeps getting deleted for some reason. Maybe I am not supposed to copy the public mobile agreement here?

If it's happening almost instantly and repeatedly, I doubt there is someone anyone who there who is watching for your specific post about the terms of service. Besides, what would prohibiting posting terms accomplish?  The Public Mobile terms of service are openly available.

By any chance, have you tried to edit a post a few times in the past minute?  If that's the case, some of the time, the message forum's software will label your message as spam for posting too many messages within a very short period of time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@AnonymousMy post keeps getting deleted for some reason. Maybe I am not supposed to copy the public mobile agreement here? Either way Public mobile promises the safety of your information, whether or not they keep that is another story, but at least they say they do. Koho admits to selling your information for profit and blatantly lies about the first thing they promise.

I will put my trust in Public Mobile, not Koho.

I think read a while ago that if you do a bunch of fast edits on a post that it "deletes" it. Maybe.

I saw it. Looks like computergeek541 captured it.

Need Help? Let's chat.