Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Gifts for All During our More is Merrier Campaign

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Holiday Banner_English-01.png

Due to the overwhelming enthusiasm that you all have shown for this give away, we are currently experiencing higher levels of traffic to our self serve portal. Because of this you may experience a long wait time for the page to load (it will come up as a blank screen). We recommend coming back later today or later this week to add the give aways to your account - don't worry they'll be available until December 25th!

Hey Community, 

This year we’re making the holidays a little bit warmer with free gifts for you during the next 3 weeks of our More is Merrier campaign.This time of year is about connecting with those you love and we want to help you...

• Share more with 1GB of free data 
  • Connect more with 400 free international minutes
  • Get more with a chance to win up to $100 in Amazon e-giftcards

Available today until December 25th, all new and existing customers can get a free 1GB data add-on, 400 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 160 Amazon e-giftcards. 

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How can I win a $100 Amazon giftcard?

Head over to our Community contest post for details on how to enter to win! Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds! .

What else you need to know:

• These offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 4th 2019 9:00AM ET to December 25th 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 1GB data add-on and one 400 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

For more information on where to find these add ons, click here: 

530 REPLIES 530

claireli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I just receive the free gift of 400m INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). I called just now for a try. Nothing changed with those 400minutes but I have less Limited Canada-Wide Talk minutes now after my call. I would like to know if I can only use those free minutes gift once I finish all my limited canada-wide talk (in total I have 50 minutes for a month)?

Is it possible to use firstly those free 400 minutes then I use my 50 minutes limited canada-wide talk

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm new to PM and was lucky enough to get the Black Friday deal, a free sim, a referral code discount, auto-pay discount and now the free add-on's....life is good.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This was a warm and unexpected welcome back for me to receive free gifts. Thank you

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

in the boxes where zero appeara, with all the add on choices. 

@Jessiecups1823 wrote:

Yes this is great news button long is the offer for and will it end up cost me money in the future 

These add-ons are free. You have to buy more if you want more and that's not automatic.

Jessiecups1823
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes this is great news button long is the offer for and will it end up cost me money in the future 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JennyW wrote:

Hi. I don't see it, when I click on the add-on, show I need to pay $45+tax, can anyone help?

Click on the Purchase Add-ons button on your overview page after login.

Go to almost the bottom of the Add-ons page, you will see a list of add-ons available.  Select the $0 add-on to purchase.

@JennyW  When you go to the plan and add ons page and scroll down to the blue add on secton the two free holiday gifts are the first add ons the first and third columns. Choose the "free holiday 400 international minutes add on $0" and the "free holiday 1gb data add on $0" then go down and confirm payment $0 and submit.

JennyW

Hi. I don't see it, when I click on the add-on, show I need to pay $45+tax, can anyone help?

dboxtvinfo715

Heartnice , I need calculator 

@dboxtvinfo715  Free gifts for all plans. If you can't use the international long distance because you don't know anyone overseas they can be used for US  or Canada calling as well. But they are worth $0.04 per min versus the $5/500 min Canada wide add on at $0.01 per minute. They will be used if you run out of your plan minutes ( 100 outgoing) and pm charges per minute not per second billing for calls. Calling to check voicemail counts against your calling minutes as well. To recieve these gifts log into your account, click on plans and add ons, scroll down page, click on first column first add on: free holiday 400 min international add on then third column first add on : free holiday 1gb data add on then scroll down to purchase add ons  $0 confirm purchase and done!

dboxtvinfo715

Yes.  Super f o r

15 plan /m

HookedOnPublic

I really appreciate this gift PUBLIC Heart

rita27

great to know

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you very much!!

@buithecuong @Dua95 @mongupo

Public Mobile's "International Long Distance" package was inherited from the old "International Long Distance" Telus package (although Public Mobile apparently also arranged something with AT&T so they could include USA).

But Telus recently introduced a variety of price-tiered Long Distance packages which expand their list to 55+ countries - including Vietnam and Australia, not (yet) including Saudi or Sudan - probably in response to the expansive price-tiered Long Distance packages offered by Bell (then Virgin, then Lucky).

So I'll surprised if Public (and Koodo) don't offer all the countries covered in these Telus packages sometime in the "near" future.

(I don't claim to have any "inside" knowledge, I'm only observing how the industry is evolving, and international calling/roaming TO Canada is consistently getting cheaper than international calling/roaming FROM Canada so I'm speculating that Canadian telcoms will soon have to adapt and expand before they start losing customers to foreign operators. It's a big world and it's too late to make Canadian laws which force Canadians to subscribe exclusively to Canadian phone companies.)

But long distance calling cards will have to suffice until then.

poohchai

very pleasant surprise indeed! love it.

dboxtvinfo715

Smiley Happy

so happy too get 400 min and data mgo to add on area

Dua95

@darlicious wrote:

@Dua95 wrote:

Are Sudan and Saudi included ? 

@Dua95  Unfortunately they are not in the included countries as shown by @Triguy. To call those countries and others not on the list you will have to purchase a long distance calling card that routes thru a Canadian number. Your local convenience store will offer a plethora of choices. Just browse thru the options to find the best deal. If you go to a store owned by a middle eastern or sudanese canadian they can recommend the best card. They will likely know the ones with the best reception, value, low fees, expiration dates etc...all still cheap under $0.10 per minute and most between $0.04-$0.07 per minute.

Thank you for such a detailed answer ! It's a bit upsetting that the offer doesn't include these countries. But I am happy for those who can enjoy it 🙂 

Australia is not included.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

mongupo

Does the international calling cover calls to Australia?

kigenyig

I see that data ad has bee added to my account but not the calls? has anyone received the free 400 minutes of calls? 

Merz84

That's so thoughtful, thank you!

Lavynn001

Spending time with grandchildren,  Also preparing and enjoying all the special christmas food together with the whole family.

Sheenau

Amazing!!!

@Dua95 wrote:

@Dua95  Unfortunately they are not in the included countries as shown by @Triguy. To call those countries and others not on the list you will have to purchase a long distance calling card that routes thru a Canadian number. Your local convenience store will offer a plethora of choices. Just browse thru the options to find the best deal. If you go to a store owned by a middle eastern or sudanese canadian they can recommend the best card. They will likely know the ones with the best reception, value, low fees, expiration dates etc...all still cheap under $0.10 per minute and most between $0.04-$0.07 per minute.

@Boh wrote:

The best part of Christmas is actually taking time to truly pause.  Laughing with abandon, letting the stress fall and seeing how blessed I am to have my kids in spite of the struggles and ups and downs.   I need to find some Christmas every day. 

This isn't where to enter the contest. You'll need to post a message in the thread about the Amazon gift cards.

Unfortunately both are not included.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Dua95

Need Help? Let's chat.