Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Gifts for All During our More is Merrier Campaign

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Holiday Banner_English-01.png

Due to the overwhelming enthusiasm that you all have shown for this give away, we are currently experiencing higher levels of traffic to our self serve portal. Because of this you may experience a long wait time for the page to load (it will come up as a blank screen). We recommend coming back later today or later this week to add the give aways to your account - don't worry they'll be available until December 25th!

Hey Community, 

This year we’re making the holidays a little bit warmer with free gifts for you during the next 3 weeks of our More is Merrier campaign.This time of year is about connecting with those you love and we want to help you...

• Share more with 1GB of free data 
  • Connect more with 400 free international minutes
  • Get more with a chance to win up to $100 in Amazon e-giftcards

Available today until December 25th, all new and existing customers can get a free 1GB data add-on, 400 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 160 Amazon e-giftcards. 

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How can I win a $100 Amazon giftcard?

Head over to our Community contest post for details on how to enter to win! Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds! .

What else you need to know:

• These offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 4th 2019 9:00AM ET to December 25th 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 1GB data add-on and one 400 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

For more information on where to find these add ons, click here: 

530 REPLIES 530

jacquelinemywon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to redeem the free 1 GB + international calling feature under the Add-ons but can't seem to find that option, can you someone help? 

jacquelinemywon

I am so happy I signed up with Public Mobile! 

@Lisa6 wrote:

Is this offer only for one month? Or free from here on out?

Thw free add-ons are a one-time offer but you can keep them until all usage has been used.

dect500
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesom promo. My son's is very happy for the 1GB add-on.

Lisa6

Is this offer only for one month? Or free from here on out?

Lisa6

Thanks public Mobile, that was super easy!! 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you! More is merrier!

Kween

Thanks for the info! Very helpful!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@planeshift wrote:

cant be beat? lucky has same prices and unlimited data

As Lucky removed their $10 plan so did PM. But Lucky didn't allow data to be added to that plan. Right there they lost me (when I wondered what else there was).

Now their $15 plan..oh look 100 minutes total not just outgoing. And you can't add data to it either.

Look beyond just the bare price and what all you get with it before comparing prices. Unlimited data??...meh. I lived through old dial-up speeds thank you.

I don't wish to spend any more than that so I'm not looking at the more expensive plans.

And then as marvelously listed above...

@planeshift wrote:

Public Mobile has Rewards, Lucky doesn't.

AutoPay alone makes PM $2 cheaper every month

Each Referral makes PM $1 cheaper every month (after 5 months)

Loyalty makes PM $1 cheaper every month (for each year you stay with PM) 

Community makes PM a few bucks cheaper, if/when you choose to participate

And PM sporadically hands out free data/etc (something Lucky has never done)

Seems worth more than "unlimited" slow data to me. If for no other reason than I could use the savings and freebies to break even after buying more fast data. 

planeshift

dwoods99

Yes, after a little more research, I now understand that while in the US on vacation, I would need to add-on US roaming for talk and data (already have international texting).

This page helped to understand.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/long-distance-and-us-roaming-add-ons

@dwoods99 wrote:

As a new customer this month, this is an excellent bonus and much appreciated.

To my surprise, if I understand this correctly...

"Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 1GB data add-on and one 400 min international calling add-on per customer"

it is continuous on the account until used, and not this month only as a use it or lose it bonus. This is very much not expected, but truly amazing for any mobility company to do. Very glad to have finally dropped from our previous provider after 20 years. I can now call my snowbird parents, and use it for US vacation plans next year.

I do agree that these gifts are awesome, and they will not expire at the end of the month but after you finish them which is great!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dwoods99 wrote:

and use it for US vacation plans next year.

Just to reduce your expectations, that 400 minutes is only usable while in Canada.

dwoods99

As a new customer this month, this is an excellent bonus and much appreciated.

To my surprise, if I understand this correctly...

"Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 1GB data add-on and one 400 min international calling add-on per customer"

it is continuous on the account until used, and not this month only as a use it or lose it bonus. This is very much not expected, but truly amazing for any mobility company to do. Very glad to have finally dropped from our previous provider after 20 years. I can now call my snowbird parents, and use it for US vacation plans next year.

rkcr1962

My Fav is time off work and spending time with Family and of coarse the yummy food

AJ72

@Tiana_V 

thanks a lot for these holiday gifts from my family and I:

@AJ9, @AJ06 and @AJ72 

Retread

visiting my wife who is in a long term care home, spending time time with my two daughters, four grandchildren, three great grandchildren, plus having a nice turkey dinner. 👍🎅 

mijo891

Yup I can help, so when you log in and you click on the item ad on.  You'll see options for 0$.  Those are the free gifts 

mijo891

Worked good for me, Monday morning 7am

Koda42

Wow!!!! It is nice to be appreciated as a customer this way 🙂

jmocjr

Thank you so much Public Mobile! Just in time to connect with my family overseas! You're the best!

dryates

Thanks for that! I guess I'll see what happens!

@dryates Plan provisions (data, minutes, etc) are always used first. Add-on provisions are only used when no Plan provisions are available.

Although I'm not sure what the priority order is for Add-on consumption when multiple Add-ons overlap. And I've learned that "common sense" expectations aren't always the way things actually work with Public Mobile. 

dryates

Wow, what I love is that these stay on the account until used up. In this day and age it's so common for such bonuses to have a time limit. I definitely won't use 400 international calling minutes in the next month, for example, so I'm glad I'll have those until they're gone!

I'm just curious to see how the additional 1 GB will be counted. Will it only be used AFTER I reach my monthly alotment, or will it be used first?

Either way, I'm already feeling glad I signed up as a new customer today!

EvaC

Thank you for the early Christmas Gifts. Much appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Ssubram65000a

Great job public! You guys have been great since I came on board. I must say this is a great way for customer retention. Haven't seen any giveaways from any other carriers.

VDavid

Thanks, Public, you’re the best! 

No Australia in your free international calling though?!?! 

AngieBee

Just redeemed my free gift, thank you!

judebailey

Wearing Christmas sweaters, getting nice and cosy, getting gloves and a toque on and taking my dogs for a snowy walk then heading home for some mulled wine by a log fire!

Need Help? Let's chat.