cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

GR
Mayor / Maire

@versysrob  if you're aiming for the 25$ plan then I would suggest get the 35$ plan to get the 5gb bonus data and then next month bring it back down to the 25$plan and the bonus data should stay on your account and be there incase you need it.  Also don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new activation!  Make sure you call bell first to unlock your phone but don't cancel your bell account if you want to keep your phone number, after you port your phone number to public mobile it will close your bell account automatically 

LA21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to be on the $35 dollar plan to get the bonus 5GB.

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

My advice is that If you used only 200 Mb last month, go with the $15 PM plan using the 5Gb of data to cover if you exceed the included 250Mb! You can change plans any time you want to.

AE_Collector

versysrob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

@Tiana_V  Nice to see a promo and a referral credit promotion benefiting loyal pm customers. The inability to change your plan without losing the 5gb data bonus add on is a clever way of keeping customers at the plan they choose at activation. Hmmm who to target for the hard sell.....

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if PM is trying to only do a "one use only" promos, they are certainly not very attractive to bring people in especially if it is black Friday week. 

Is PM not willing to compete anymore or what?

And the expiry date is?

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V wrote:

Editted the post for clarity: activation can be online or in-store. As for stackability, the Black Friday 5GB is stackable with this RAF offer, as stated in the post. 

Thanks.  Sorry, I did not see that. At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday , that part isn't mentioned within Offer Details.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Can you clarify please?  The details say to wait 72 hours from the time of "online activation" in bold, but earlier, refererence is made to "onlne or in -store".

Also, is this referral promotion stackable with other offers? (Specifically the 5GB offer that says can't be stacked with other offers)

Editted the post for clarity: activation can be online or in-store. As for stackability, the Black Friday 5GB is stackable with this RAF offer, as stated in the post. 

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

@Tiana_V  - Can you clarify please?  The details say to wait 72 hours from the time of "online activation" in bold, but earlier, refererence is made to "onlne or in-store".

Also, is this referral promotion stackable with other offers? (Specifically the 5GB offer that says can't be stacked with other offers: "This offer is not stackable.")

Can anyone find an expiry date on this offer? All I can see is "for a limited time".

A lot of "TELUS" in the spoiler section of rules, more than I have seen before. I know that PM never tries to completely hide the TELUS connection but I haven't seen TELUS mentioned so much before. Maybe more was supposed to be switched to Public Mobile.

AE_Collector

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

A bit of a different twist on the recent "extra $10 referral credit for both the new customer and the person making the referral". Now I wonder if there will there be a new customer promotion to go with this like the one that just expired?

<edit> Yes there is! 5Gb one time bonus data add-on that doesn't expire until completely used up for thenew customer. Nice!

AE_Collector

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bonus referrals are great! 

Need Help? Let's chat.