cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

pmbrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How often do promotions like this happen? I get the feeling that I shouldn't recommend anyone to PM except while a promotion is happening...

It feels a bit bad because I joined less than a week ago, so my referrer loses out on $20 because I was too quick 😛

@Montrealpost 

@Montrealpost wrote:

Still not clear!

If I refer friend to PM, will I get $10+20=$30 or will I get only $20 referral bonus within 72 hours?  Thanks in advance!

You will get $20 credit and ongoing $1 per month credit as long as friend stays with PM.  Your friend will get regular $10 friend credit.  

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Still not clear!

If I refer friend to PM, will I get $10+20=$30 or will I get only $20 referral bonus within 72 hours?  Thanks in advance!

Michael Griffiths

annamilne

Whoa love this!!!

@Cozyshack wrote:

I just referred a friend.. they signed up..  I received the $1 monthly reward..  but no where did I see the $20 onetime reward nor did my friend get their $10 onetime reward. Anyone know how this works.. or actually received the $20???

@Cozyshack  It usually shows up the next day but can take up to 72 hours for the credit to be placed in your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Cozyshack

I just referred a friend.. they signed up..  I received the $1 monthly reward..  but no where did I see the $20 onetime reward nor did my friend get their $10 onetime reward. Anyone know how this works.. or actually received the $20???

gilliankinna

yes this is the deal    @Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will try to get more of my friends to join  PM .

mo1979ca

That is so cool I will try to get people to sign up with my references code (******) That is cool that you have this offer thanks.

Edit by SD08:  Referral code removed.

Hi @versysrob 

Sorry but I was totally wrong about the add-on, apparently when you change your plan, you lose it. 😞 Rules have changed I guess. Everything else stands though and with 33(35-2 autopay) you are still playing less than half of what you pay now and get more or 38 is not bad option either. 

Cheers

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Gaethano wrote:

I have already refer 4 friends and i did not received anything ,everytime the kiosque agent tells me your referal is not working , this is a ripoff.

I don't believe that the store sales people would have any reason to be untruthful about that, and I also believe that even if a new customer uses a referral code while activating there, that they probably still receive the same commission pay.

I would suggest in the future, if the store is saying that the referral code is not working, to have your friends not go ahead witht he activation. Double check the code, and try again at a different store or have your friends activate at home. 

Agree.  Double check the code.  Capital O vs number 0 etc.

@Gaethano wrote:

I have already refer 4 friends and i did not received anything ,everytime the kiosque agent tells me your referal is not working , this is a ripoff.

I don't believe that the store sales people would have any reason to be untruthful about that, and I also believe that even if a new customer uses a referral code while activating there, that they probably still receive the same commission pay.

I would suggest in the future, if the store is saying that the referral code is not working, to have your friends not go ahead witht he activation. Double check the code, and try again at a different store or have your friends activate at home. 

@Gaethano  Does you referral code contain O's, 0's, 1's, I's, 2's or Z's? These can often be misread resulting in an invalid code o someone else's code similar to yours being entered. You could have your ph# entered under the additional information box on the activation page for a moderator to reference if your friend makes the request to have your referral code added retroactively  because of the issue you seem to be having. Double check your code and contact your friends to have them msg the moderators to add it. I'm sure they would want their $10 credit as well.

Gaethano

Gaethano 

@Gaethano wrote:

Hello , 

I ahe already refer 4 friends but i did not receive any credit. evrytime the kiosque Agent will tell me it is not working this is all rip off .

klodo 

The referral credits can take upto 72 hours to be added to the account.  How long ago was the activation?

Gaethano

Hello , 

I ahe already refer 4 friends but i did not receive any credit. evrytime the kiosque Agent will tell me it is not working this is all rip off .

klodo 

@will13am wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think it is a fairly safe bet that the reason no expiry date was given is that it is going to run for awhile. Still, they could have thrown in the Dec 2 date or maybe Dec 15 for now and then extended it further later on but, I think it extremely unlikely to end by Dec 2 so you have a week for certain and possibly 5 or 6 weeks to get to New Years day at least.

AE_Collector 

Maybe this is a "while quantities last deal" and they have lots of stock on hand.  Smiley Very Happy

While a $20 and $10 account credit doesn't cost that amount to Public Mobile, that's an interesting way to think of it.  It's not entirely impossible that Public Mobile has a set monetary amount of credits to give out and once that amount is reach, the promotion could end shortly after.  Of course, this is pure speculation.

@Luddite wrote:

@totalUser @versysrob Currently the $25 plan with autopay bonus gives 1 GB/30 days. 

In any case, you're correct in that signing up for a $35 plan will kick in the 5 GB add-on which will remain even if the plan is changed on the 1st renewal. Robot Very Happy

Also @versysrob , hussle a little and refer a friend to get the promo $20 referral credit. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

Hi @Luddite 

It looks like fine print states that 5gigs stay untill you use it up or you change plan. Those who know about coding these things say that it's not that easy to do and it may be only print and nothing will be done about it really, I also doubts they would waste moderator work hours on checking manually each day if those who had renewal kept the plan. Also it would punish people who would like to upgrade. But I doubt there would be any volunteers who would try it. Aanyways would be too late for somebody deciding if they will take this opportunity. Definitely not very nice move.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zmh1175 wrote:

I never received the one time credit after referred friends to PM.

When was the referal done? If before Nov 25.....you only receive a $1 a month credit and your friend should have received $10. But since the Black Friday special you get the $1 a month, $20 one time credit (<=BF special) and your friend receives a $10 credit as usual. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zmh1175 wrote:

Was this during this current promotion? If not then you would have only received the $1/30 days reward.

If it was yesterday or today then it could take up to 3 days to receive.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@88cranston 

I Agree, these two offers work together.

But yes you need to keep watching here on the community as I wouldnt expect an email announcing the end. 

AE_Collector

If PM is overseeing this thread I don’t want to do some recruiting if I can’t give some indication of expiry or that I would be able to provide at least a 3 day warning. People have to buy phones, check their contracts etc etc.  Not too many people are in position to jump right  into the PM experience without some preparations. Preferably by email as this is how I first learned about the Black Friday deals. 

@88cranston , from what I can recall I don't think there has been an email to tell us when the promo ends.   They usually just post in the first post of the Thread and we then hope the community spreads the word. We can hope that they would make an announcement that goes out in another email though.

I have the same situation with a couple of friends who are on the fence even though I can show them that paying off their current phone tab and switching to PM will save them money and recover the buy out in no time yet they are still unsure about the switch even though I can share my 3 years of great service.  A lot of people think lower prices poorer quality and all we can try and do is help educate people you can save A LOT of money with PM

Different people react differently to situations.  Some will jump on a deal because someone else says it is a deal.  Some will suffer with the devil that they know forever.  I help convert someone at work who was paying more than $25 for talk and text.  He's happy with the switch but it took 6 months for him to get off the fence.  Then his brother pays $95 for talk, text, 1GB data with phone.  I told him to try and convert his brother over and make some referral rewards for himself.  Anyone with grade 2 arithmetic will be able to figure out that $72 savings per month will buy a phone costing up to $1728 every 2 years.  Let see how many years it will take for the switch to happen.  My sense is the lower hanging fruit has been harvested.  We need to see some really good promotions, not these one time credits to bring in the next group of customers.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think you can activate in any plan for the referral credits. So $15 is good, just be sure she uses your referral code. You should get a test message fairly quick after activation unless it is late in the evening where they seem to delay the text until 9AM next morning.

AE_Collector

1B2EF93F-2AA7-4F7D-BFBF-D9079BDF19A9.jpeg

Good find, maybe not a good idea to mention it here.  Smiley Tongue

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think it is a fairly safe bet that the reason no expiry date was given is that it is going to run for awhile. Still, they could have thrown in the Dec 2 date or maybe Dec 15 for now and then extended it further later on but, I think it extremely unlikely to end by Dec 2 so you have a week for certain and possibly 5 or 6 weeks to get to New Years day at least.

AE_Collector 

Maybe this is a "while quantities last deal" and they have lots of stock on hand.  Smiley Very Happy

@88cranston wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@88cranston 

I Agree, these two offers work together.

But yes you need to keep watching here on the community as I wouldnt expect an email announcing the end. 

AE_Collector

If PM is overseeing this thread I don’t want to do some recruiting if I can’t give some indication of expiry or that I would be able to provide at least a 3 day warning. People have to buy phones, check their contracts etc etc.  Not too many people are in position to jump right  into the PM experience without some preparations. Preferably by email as this is how I first learned about the Black Friday deals. 

@88cranston , from what I can recall I don't think there has been an email to tell us when the promo ends.   They usually just post in the first post of the Thread and we then hope the community spreads the word. We can hope that they would make an announcement that goes out in another email though.

I have the same situation with a couple of friends who are on the fence even though I can show them that paying off their current phone tab and switching to PM will save them money and recover the buy out in no time yet they are still unsure about the switch even though I can share my 3 years of great service.  A lot of people think lower prices poorer quality and all we can try and do is help educate people you can save A LOT of money with PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I think you can activate in any plan for the referral credits. So $15 is good, just be sure she uses your referral code. You should get a test message fairly quick after activation unless it is late in the evening where they seem to delay the text until 9AM next morning.

AE_Collector

1B2EF93F-2AA7-4F7D-BFBF-D9079BDF19A9.jpeg

@kaimui22 wrote:

Just wondering, if my mom activates the $15 plan will I get the $20 credit or will she need to activate a more expensive plan ($35+) like the other promos?

It's good for any plan.

kaimui22

Just wondering, if my mom activates the $15 plan will I get the $20 credit or will she need to activate a more expensive plan ($35+) like the other promos?

AE_Collector 

Need Help? Let's chat.