Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Sept 17 - 22

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 17 to September 22 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 22 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 22 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

49 REPLIES 49

@Tahiti 

It is as long as you don't change your rate plan. So pick the data plan you think will suit your needs over the long run.

Tahiti
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is the monthly bonus data permenent?  Thanks in advance!

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pro tip for deciding which plan to go with:

Just choose a plan that your data usage matches WITH the data bonus and you know it won't change very much. (I.E. You use an average of 2-4 GB, choose the $35 5GB option, use an average of 4-6 GB, choose the $40 7GB option, etc) You get the idea!

@LeePublic 

There has only been one case that I know of that a customer kept the bonus plan data. 3 days after that promotion ended it was announced than bonus data would be lost if a plan change was made as they had changed the coding to go with the  promo. The last promo that had the ability to keep the promo's bonus plan data was December 1st 2019. I would not take that risk nowadays.

GalenReilly2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes please

@LeePublic...if anyone has changed plans but kept the bonus data...they'd likely not wanna broadcast it here. ..know what I mean.  🙈🙉🙊

LeePublic

The nice thing about this promo is it's a permanent 2 GB bonus on your account provided you cannot switch plans without loosing the bonus, unlike other providers in the name of C and L, where they limit it to 6 months. 

I'm curious if anyone has success in changing their plan and keeping the bonus data?

pkaraa

2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUSfor new customer

nice promo indeed.

@JanTanton wrote:

Will this work if I reactivate my iPad on the same SIM? I had used it previously with Public Mobile but cancelled it well over a year ago. Will the SIM still work? Does this apply to data on iPads?

No, you need a new SIM.  Old activated SIM cannot be reuse. 

Buy  the SIM from local kiosks or Amazon (Be aware that ordering SIM from PM online could take as many as 3 weeks)

JanTanton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will this work if I reactivate my iPad on the same SIM? I had used it previously with Public Mobile but cancelled it well over a year ago. Will the SIM still work? Does this apply to data on iPads?

@LeePublic wrote:

Yay! Time to get those referrals!

This doesn't necessarily happen. Promotions such as this sometimes encourage customer churn. So, while some new customers will come in, these promotions can sometimes encourage customers to constantly switch back and forth, especially if a competitor is offering the same to new customers.  The upside to this promotion is the fact that that the 2GB bonus is recurring and stays indefinitely.  However, you can expect to lose some of your existing referrals partly because of it. 

LeePublic

Yay! Time to get those referrals!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy/paste strikes again.

And still with the mail-order option. There's no way anybody will get that SIM before the 22nd so why bother mentioning it.

Say something to the effect that if you order the SIM before the 22nd that the promo will be honoured when you get it and activate.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM...confusing typing error ?...

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 7 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And as usual  ...would be wise to proofread  before posting . 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

nice 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUSfor new customer Activate online only....enjoyed..

and for existing customer nothing will provide
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,
i hope they will do something.
i appreciate you and your Team very much....

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yay! will get a sim on Sunday

softech
Oracle
Oracle

thanks @J_PM .  Perfect timing to confirm the promotion is still on.  Someone was actually asking about it last night  🙂

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

It's Friday and as usual it's flash promo day for New customers!  Keep it coming.

Need Help? Let's chat.