cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

So do we get the addition 1 GB for new activation plus the more the merrier promo or do you have to choose between the 2

Highlighted

Re: Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

@hotghost wrote:

So do we get the addition 1 GB for new activation plus the more the merrier promo or do you have to choose between the 2

You would get both.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Duey wrote:

@bnevets27 wrote:

Ugh. I just signed up on the first of December for the black friday deal. But this is actually what I would have prefered the black friday deal to have been. 

Anyway to get onto this promo instead? What would canceling and signing up again cost me? Is there a better way?

I'm in a similar boat.  From what I can tell from the text of the offer, currently this is not available to people who already have a plan with PM.  

So, you'd have to buy a new SIM card for a new account with PM.  From what I've read on this Community, it's hard to port your existing phone number from one account to another, so, you might lose your phone number. You will lose any earned bonuses on your current PM account, as well as any money you spent there will not be transferable. 

If you do go through with creating a new PM account, I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the same email address for it or not.  If you have to use a different email, make sure your Community email address matches so that any Community rewards will be applied to your new account. 

This is such a pain in the arse.  If PM really wants to engender loayalty in their customers, they should offer us the same plans as new customers, and not just toss us a free GB once and a while.  If I have to port to another company and then port back to get on another plan to keep my number (and still lose my bonuses), there's a good chance I'm not coming back.

Highlighted

What about for old customers? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70 wrote:
This is such a pain in the arse.  If PM really wants to engender loayalty in their customers, they should offer us the same plans as new customers, and not just toss us a free GB once and a while.  If I have to port to another company and then port back to get on another plan to keep my number (and still lose my bonuses), there's a good chance I'm not coming back.

So if you don't come back that is because you found an even better deal so you should be praising PM for that!

New Customer Promos are done by everybody to all subscription like services. PM is pretty much the only one who DOES do things for existing customers. I'm good here thanks.

AE_Collector 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lucky mobile has the exact same promo with unlimited throttled data and 1 month free it sounds like.

Highlighted

Wow, I just joined because of the BF promo deal and I already feel like I got ganked.

Like what the heck, I would have preferred the infinite extra 1GB data instead of the one time 5GB. I get attracting new customers, but c'mon I literally just joined. -_-

And there's no way to get it unless I go through hoops. sighs

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's a good deal .

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smp99 wrote:

It could be the final straw for some of those holdouts still on the $120 12GB plan to move to $40 6GB.

Tempting but nah not enough to make me switch. Fall promo plans still have full LTE unthrottled data not the 3G speeds

Maybe if they had a $40 USA roaming plan with 4GB in Canada and 1GB and unlimited calls to/from USA.

Highlighted

I do not think so.