Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find your dream phone and price: Oct 12 - 26

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’re always looking for ways to help you get the latest phone at the lowest prices with our Certified Pre-Owned Phones.  

Starting October 12 - 26, you can get a newer phone and lower price tag up to 80% lower than the original retail price. Take advantage of limited deals on some popular devices. 

How to get this offer:

• $5 off for 6 months when you upgrade or activate with a Certified Pre-Owned Phone. 
  • Must use the same email address to purchase a Public Mobile Certified Pre-Owned Phone by October 26th.
  • Credits will be issued within 1 month of the offer end date.

Offer Details: 

• Effective October 12, 2022 until October 26, 2022 11:59PM ET. Offer available to existing and new Public Mobile customers.
  • Offer limited to one bill credit per Public Mobile account. 
  • Customer’s account must be in good standing in order to receive the credit. 
  • Credit will be automatically applied to eligible accounts by November 30, 2022.
  • The offer is subject to change without notice.

Visit our Certified Pre-Owned Phone Catalog to save on your next phone. 

- Public Mobile Team 

26 REPLIES 26

JennL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I placed an order for a pre-owned phone a couple of days ago. I received an order confirmation email and am wondering how long it will be until the phone is shipped?

@Public506 wrote:

Look at your credit card when you buy, and choose which card you use, based on the benefits it offers. Some cards offer additional 
warranty above and beyond the purchase warranty, and there may be exclusions (i.e. any phone that is on a credit thru the provider), and if you have the right card it may be worth it's weight in gold ... in phone repair or replacement. 

One of those exclusions would sometimes be for used products.  For the included warranty included with purchases on a credit card, I've noticed that they are usually only for brand new products.

Public506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am one of those who actually buys my phone outright from Apple, and I may do that still, however, I gotta say, the Certified Pre-Owned Phone pricing is actually pretty competitive. I've told a few people who are trying to escape big bills.

Tip for fellow Community Members:

Look at your credit card when you buy, and choose which card you use, based on the benefits it offers. Some cards offer additional 
warranty above and beyond the purchase warranty, and there may be exclusions (i.e. any phone that is on a credit thru the provider), and if you have the right card it may be worth it's weight in gold ... in phone repair or replacement. 

HI @Z9999   if you just bought it but use the same email address on the order as your My Account's, PM will match the email and add the bonus 

But if you use a different email, try to open ticket with CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact CS Agent,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Z9999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why I didn't get this email? I just ordered a phone from you. Where I can get the discount? 

@JeffBaird 

The credits will arrive automatically. Unfortinatrly, none of devices are $135 off.

JeffBaird

I received the email and have placed order 311302 for a phone using my email address.  How do I get the $5 off for 6 months, and what is the $135 in additional savings that is mentioned?

Thanks.

@hannahjoy7 

You will receive the credits as long as the conditions in the first post were met. There isn't any need to confirm eligibility.

hannahjoy7

Hey! 

I just ordered a phone with my same account email - how do I confirm that I also got this deal? 

Thanks!

Hannah

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can't complain for any promos that giving out money 💰💸

But would be nice if more.  🤣

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Care to list at least ONE device on PM that is "up to 80% off"?...

There are some phones that PM has listed where it's more for a used phone as opposed to buying brand new from other places. Such as the Galaxy A13...

I'd say the only phone that was of value of up to 80% off is when your team accidentally listed the S20FE 5g for $199 but quickly changed it to $399. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

To clarify, it's up to 80% - and depend on the device 📱

Thank you!

J

@Hanic wrote:

I have tried checking out with my account but not getting any discount. You might have an account when you started using PM. Try "forgot your username or password" and reset your password that they send to your email. Let us know if you will get any discount when you check out with your account 🙂

The Self Serve account and the shopping account aren't related to each other. There is no immediate credit for this offer.  The $30 in credit will be issued in $5 increments starting within a month of October 26.  As for the up to $135 in discounts, I'm confused because I don't see any price reductions.

Hanic

I have tried checking out with my account but not getting any discount. You might have an account when you started using PM. Try "forgot your username or password" and reset your password that they send to your email. Let us know if you will get any discount when you check out with your account 🙂

JeffBaird

It's right in this email I got on Wednesday...

2022-10-13_23-32-18.jpg

Yup received this email but don't see no discounts 🤣..

@J_PM  where is this 80% discount?... You have an iPhone 11 in "Very Good" condition for $519....yet on your 2nd tier provider (Koodo) very good is $450 lol.....

Great discounts from PM as always 🙄

@JeffBaird $135 credit? Where do you see that?  You can checkout as a guest. Your My Account login won't work. That's a seperate login.

JeffBaird

I'm trying to buy a phone and it won't let me log in when I go to the checkout, says email or password is not valid.  It also doesn't apply the $135 credit at checkout.  How is this supposed to work?  Or is this just another scam?

and it is now $5 for 6 months, I think it used to be a one time $30 credit.  Now, it ties you in the 6 months to take full advantage

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Hanic   Yes, I've received that email too mentioning "additional $135 savings" and think it's misleading.

Hanic

I also received the same email from PM. It is stated with a slight difference:

At Public Mobile, you can get a newer phone and a lower price tag – up to 80% lower than original retail price. Plus, from now until October 26th, get additional savings up to $135.

Take advantage of limited time deals on some of our most popular devices. When you upgrade to a Certified Pre‑Owned phone, we’ll take $5 off your bill for 6 months1. Here’s how it works:

1. Use the same email address to purchase a Public Mobile Certified Pre-Owned phone by October 26th.2

2. Get $5 off your bill for the next 6 months.

However, I didn't notice any price difference on the phones before and after the date stated. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541  Pretty sad.. the way they  posted  is going to cause Hundreds of posts here..

@dabr wrote:

@J_PM    Sounds like a good deal, but is there anyway to highlight which phones are actually 80% cheaper than the original price? 

The prices haven't changed. The only thing that is being done here is a $30 credit.  The up to 80% discount would be compared to the original suggested retail price from when each model was originally released when the pricing was at its highest. Unfortunately, the prices of these devices aren't all that competitive.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    Sounds like a good deal, but is there anyway to highlight which phones are actually 80% cheaper than the original price? 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM  Newest iPhone at 80 percent  less than any other provider.. I’m I’m send details….

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on PM currently, please define what is an Upgrade is (my current phone is better than the one I like on promo) I just want a second phone to use as backup. Thanks✌️

Need Help? Let's chat.