cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Until July 21st, get 2 GB of data for $30/mo!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective from now until July 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the ready-made $35 1.5 GB plan can get $5/mo off and 500 MB of bonus data on a recurring basis.

Plan details:

•     30-day plan
  •     1 GB Data at 3G speed
  •     +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •     Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  •     Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •     Voicemail and Call Display

What’s extra?

•     Save $5/mo (recurring)
  •     +Bonus 500 MB (recurring)

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Special Offer! $35 for 1 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps. The promotion will be applied automatically at the payment step. 

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $35/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •   Eligible customers will pay $30/mo at activation and as a monthly recurring charge - the $5/mo saving will not be a credit amount, the amount charged will be adjusted instead.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

117 REPLIES 117

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm going against the norm, but the other deal 8.5 gb + USA is open to all.  

To people that want this deal sign up a new account, port to lucky or virgin then port to pm. 

PM wants to get new customers and they offer once incentives to get them.  I'm sure many people came here on a promo plan or $25+$25 referal, which were for new activations.  

The banks offer new ipads or cash bonuses for new customers,  stores when buying a new phone offer gift cards etc for new activations only, it's part of the business.  

Use the promo to your advantage refer some friends. 

lon_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yea, me as well, too bad just signed up yesterday :(.

mimmo

@ahab_01 wrote:

I just signed up for Public Mobile today and didn't see this plan, can I take advantage of this now? please help! currently on 25$ plan

@ahab_01  sorry you are out of luck. 

ahab_01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for Public Mobile today and didn't see this plan, can I take advantage of this now? please help! currently on 25$ plan

Routanne

Starting to dislike PM quite a bit, first of all I missed a "new customer only" deal by a matter of hours, it was something like a $25 or $50 credit. I saw the promotion pretty much after I got home after getting my new PM account set up, but I was told because I didn't use the promotion while signing up, I would not qualify. 

Now this plan is for new customers only and existing customers get nothing, I'm beginning to think PM doesn't give any care at all to it's existing customers. 

Not sure to stay for my $23/m phone plan, or leave and try find a provider who treats their customers good out of prinicipal.

zackszabo

Not really.  At least Koodo is offering its current customers deals that new customers don't get.   

The opposite of public mobile.  

How is offering non customers deals that paying customers can't get treating us well? 

Satellite and cable companies did this in the 90s and learned some lessons.  

Learn from them. Treat existing customers equitably or loose us 

buzzzman

Not cool. Existing customers should be eligible!!!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zackszabo wrote:

I am considering leaving public mobile if this is a sign of how they treat existing customers.  

Once we sign up as a customer we are not worth the same consideration as a non-customer?

Time to go shopping for a company that treats it's customers fairly... 😞

Let me know when you find one but on a side note Public Mobile treats its existing clients a lot better than other providers. 

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like this plan but I am not eligible:(  Good value for money.

killer23d

@zackszabo wrote:

I am considering leaving public mobile if this is a sign of how they treat existing customers.  

Once we sign up as a customer we are not worth the same consideration as a non-customer?

Like who? Freedom?

Just like the banks, the major players in telecom only care about subscriber numbers for the reporting period. Loyalty doesn't mean much, it's all business. 🤷‍♂️

That's why we all shop around for the best deal by going MTM or prepaid.

If the mod teams are monitoring this thread, this is likely going to get their attentions; whether or not they will/can act upon it, it's up to the Telus finance to determine if we are worthwhile.

zackszabo

zackszabo

chelsealzl

Would be nice for existing customers to be able to join in on deals too. I mean, those who wants it will go an extra mile to get it.

wchu

@killer23d wrote:

@wchu wrote:

For EXISTING customers that want to get this plan and are willing to port out and port back in. YES! there is work involved. YES! you will need to sacrifice your referral credits.

Lucky Mobile sims card available on eBay for $0.99 cents. You're welcome! 🙂

The issue with porting to Bell is not instant, because porting out to a carrier and porting in again could take hours if not a day. There will be down time and I am not sure if there will be issues.

You can sign up for a new PM line with the promo plan then port in from Lucky Mobile after the dust is settled (LM account is active and old PM account is closed).

killer23d

@wchu wrote:

For EXISTING customers that want to get this plan and are willing to port out and port back in. YES! there is work involved. YES! you will need to sacrifice your referral credits.

The issue with porting to Bell is not instant, because porting out to a carrier and porting in again could take hours if not a day. There will be down time and I am not sure if there will be issues.

XSpursJ

why not treat existing customers a little better.

wchu

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a really good promo for new customers.  However, I am going to join in with other existing loyal customers in a chorus of boos for being left out in the cold on this deal.  What would be nice to see is a true loyalty deal scaled based on the number of years with the service just like the loyaty reward.  I was napping all afternoon, so excuse me if I haven't woken up from the dream yet.

wchu

Exactly, I am thinking of doing this as well.

Do you need to be a non-PM customer for a X number of days before they consider you as a "new" customer?

killer23d

Exactly? I don't understand why loyal customers don't get perks like these.

I guess I can port out and port back in. Just more work to spend $5 on extra 1 GB of data.

wchu

Please have this available for EXISTING customers.

Roger3

Great news! Very aggressive marketing from PM.

popping

@computergeek541 wrote:

Alan, is your activation site ready for tomorrow? I hope someone will be on standby in case pure volume causes issues.  Guys get in early and try not wait until the last minute!

This promo is active now according to OP.

"Effective from now until July 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET..."

Alan, is your activation site ready for tomorrow when the rush starts? I hope someone will be on standby in case pure volume causes issues.  Guys get in early and try not wait until the last minute at the end of the weekend!

popping

@Alan_K 

Error:  The $35 plan has 1.5GB data with autopay.  NOT 1GB.

This promo has extra 500MB bonus on top ot 1.5GB = 2GB data.

Great offer.  $28 with autopay for 2GB data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@@

@Alan_K  Awesome Heart !!Smiley Happy Smiley SurprisedWhat about existing customers?Smiley Sad

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Too bad offer not available to existing customers.  It would be worth it to change from $25 to $30 for the extra 1GB data

Need Help? Let's chat.