cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

I just activated my account 6 days ago  and would like to get the flash sale. How do I request/appeal for this since I joined less than a week ago.

Thanks

V

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Victorious888 

@Victorious888 wrote:

I just activated my account 6 days ago  and would like to get the flash sale. How do I request/appeal for this since I joined less than a week ago.

Thanks

V

You are out of luck unfortunately.  Promotions are time limited and PM usually does not back date promos. 

Highlighted

Hello,

I joined PM on July 31st when the promotion of 0$ for 30 days started. However, I can see that PM charged my credit card the amount related to my plan. Could you please tell me what happened and if the promotion will ever be applied to my account?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dave

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@davezzz07 wrote:

Hello,

I joined PM on July 31st when the promotion of 0$ for 30 days started. However, I can see that PM charged my credit card the amount related to my plan. Could you please tell me what happened and if the promotion will ever be applied to my account?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dave

Note the keyword in the subject line... "second". Promos are never free up front. You should see the credit before your second term.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@jimbobs 

This flash sale was the pre-pandemic norm because most people can access a local retailer to purchase a sim card. Once pm started having activation promos again....for safety and social distancing they introduced a flash sale email sign up of 2 or 3 days and then about 3 weeks to activate your sim card giving you enough time to order your sim card online and recieve it in the mail with time to still activate during the promotional period. The downside was anyone who didnt enter their email during the small window to do so didnt qualify for the promotion despite it having a three week period to activate .

Just something else - easily avoidable - to piss off rather than delight customers.  

Highlighted

Thank you for point that out. I really didn't see the "second".

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs 

In your statement "easily avoidable " im unsure what you mean by this? A  flash sale is exactly that be prepared to jump on it quickly otherwise you'll miss it. Otherwise its just a promotion with longer or indefinite end dates. I had no referral code and activated the day before a flash sale....oh well i was a little disappointed but the approximate $750 i have saved over the last 361 days over my previous providers bills more than makes up for $50 lost out on activating without a promo or a referral code. The $75 +tax i used to pay for my services each month has now been reduced to $0.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I wish it was a little earlier, opened my account two weeks ago 😞

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@winston11 

Yes but how much are you saving from your old providers plan?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just happened to have a spare unused Public Mobile sim here and moved my wife's phone over here today. looking forward to the free second month on her plan and the 1st friend referral on mine. 😊

I was pleasantly surprised how easy and quick the porting went. I figure 10 to 15 min from start to finish and didn't get any errors at all. only weird thing I noticed was that she initially received a text with a PIN that didn't match what we entered and very shortly afterwards another with the correct one.