cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

IF you signed up between Dec 13th and 16th you will qualify.  Your second month will be free. Hoping you signed up during that period.

Mimi33

Thanks, I did write and ask just a few minutes ago.  I have not heard back from the question I asked them 4 days ago before I signed up.  Must take a long time to hear from them.

amcgrath3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I am a new customer and just activated my account last week, do I qualify for this?

Thanks.

Mimi33

Yup...I know that now..but again, if they had extended the other promo I would have qualified

Mimi33

Perhaps they "heard" us...but blantantly "hurt" me.  IF they realized 4 days was not long enough why would they not EXTEND the first one and not start a new one today. Slap in the face...leaves me with a not so happy start to this company.

I was surprised on Tuesday morning that they had let the previous Friday to Monday flash sale expire without extending it. But, they did.

@Mimi33 I would contact the moderators again and very politely ask for consideration of extending the free second month or equivalent cash credit to you since you were not able to get the ordered SIM card on time and wound up activating right in between two weekend flash sales. They don't have to, but a polite request coupled with the time line of flash sales and SIM card mailing time may just make them feel bad for you.

AE_Collector

@Mimi33 @Anonymous  There's one thing I've learned is wait until at least Friday before activating a SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

REALLY...I missed the last one cuz sim card took to long in mail-4 day offer ended Dec 16th and I joined Dec 18th..now they offer it again on Dec 20th...ask for Moderator help days ago.  Is there a special way to get to them?

Exactly why I think it's ridiculous of them to say the option of ordering online with PM for these flash sales. But now this one is extended to an unknown time which presumably would allow online purchasing. But this too is a new wrinkle in their promo offerings that have been coming up lately.

Mimi33

You hit the nail on the head.  I missed the sale Dec 13-16th cuz it took 5 days to get SIM. I joined on the 18th....big slap in the face.  They now slap the other cheek with this

Mimi33

REALLY...I missed the last one cuz sim card took to long in mail-4 day offer ended Dec 16th and I joined Dec 18th..now they offer it again on Dec 20th...ask for Moderator help days ago.  Is there a special way to get to them?

@Tiana_V wrote:

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The deals just keep getting better and better! Public Mobile is a gift that keeps on giving Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stevenhayward wrote:

I currently have an account with Public Mobile. Is it possible to activate a new SIM for another family member using the same username/login information as my account? There is an up/down arrow  in the top right corner of the My Account screen (where the account number is) that would indicate you can toggle between different account numbers.

Unfortunately no. Unique email address, unique phone number.

stevenhayward
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

skanji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So to summarize, for new customers:

- $10 referral code from existing customer (no expiry date on offer - referral gets $20)
- 1g of free data (add on promo) (expires Dec 25)
- 400 free minutes (add on promo)(expires Dec 25)
- save $2/mo with autopay (no expiry)

- free month (expires midnight Dec 23)

I don't think it can get any better than this!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

And again I think it's pointless to mention ordering online from Public Mobile. At least they say 3-7 business days but why bother to begin with.

Here's what it should say:

How to Get this Offer:

Have a SIM at the ready or order a SIM through Amazon or visit one of our fine retailers. (and have the link)

Ordering from Public Mobile on these flash sales makes it that you can't fulfill "how to get this offer". You can't get this offer ordering from Public Mobile at the time of sale annoucement. So it's a bit of a lie.

@Tiana_V : better wording on the second month free though...so that's an improvement.

Edit: update: any plan and unknown time limit. Ordering from PM would work now.

@AE_CollectorFunny I was responding to a question in the last flash sale thread as to when the next one would be and told the OP to look today. I posted @Tiana_V posted and my post went *poof* to my unmoderated items! I had to take a screenshot in order to post.

Itss Baacckkkkk.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

BINGO!

Need Help? Let's chat.