cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

@Coolbeanz wrote:

Dec 21st

I started to say "you are good to go" but now I am not certain. From Dec 20 to 23 this offer was for $25 or higher plans only. You signed up Dec 21 for the $15 plan. But some time on or before Dec 23 they modified it to any plan and until further notice. I'm guessing they changed the rules for activations from Dec 20 on to include all plans but I could be wrong. You should likely have received the credit by now but they allowed themselves 30 days. If you don't receive the credit by renewal day I would contact the moderators.

AE_Collector

@Coolbeanz wrote:

Dec 21st

@Coolbeanz  Expect a credit before your next renewal

@Alan_K 

Is there any company policy with regards to notice being given for promotions that had "until further notice" wording? Anyone getting their info here in the community had no knowledge that this plan was discontinued until your post a minute ago. I'm certain that there will have been new customers who signed up on the third, forth or fifth who wont be receiving the second month free credit automatically even though some will be expecting to receive it.

And besides the obvious error here in not providing the info that it had expired, it is always nice to provide at least a little notice of termination. We know the expiry day to work to on most promotions such as "From Dec 20 to 23" but these "until further notice" promos that just suddenly end don't give that advance knowledge of terms. 

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

@Alan_K  and @Tiana_V  Thank you for officially marking this promo as expired.

Coolbeanz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dec 21st

@Coolbeanz 

What day did you sign up?

AE_Collector

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tiana_V  @Alan_K 

There's some lingering confusion about this promo. Almost always, the thread OP gets updated saying that the promo is ending or has ended. This thread is still saying until further notice. There has been no further notice yet. Is it still active? And if not, as of when exactly?

@Anonymous Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the offer expired on January 3rd (along with the offer details on our website) and this post became unfeatured. The appropriate update has been made on the Community now.

Coolbeanz

Yeah cause I signed up for $15 month plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiana_V  @Alan_K 

There's some lingering confusion about this promo. Almost always, the thread OP gets updated saying that the promo is ending or has ended. This thread is still saying until further notice. There has been no further notice yet. Is it still active? And if not, as of when exactly?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Data point:

I received my second month credit in 2 weeks.  But may take up to 30 days.

@matm wrote:

i still havent received any credit for my second month for free or any reply or any notice regarding and its been more than two weeks since i activated the phone and its only suppose to take seven business days to do so and with in thirty days , what do i do cant find any public mobile customer service help over the phone or person in store 

The details of this offer state that credits would be issued within 30 days.

HappytoRetire

At the bottom of this page, look for "get help" One of the mods should be able to help with that. 

matm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i still havent received any credit for my second month for free or any reply or any notice regarding and its been more than two weeks since i activated the phone and its only suppose to take seven business days to do so and with in thirty days , what do i do cant find any public mobile customer service help over the phone or person in store 

@Tiana_V 

I have to assume that this promotion is still valid until further notice? Wording is "until further notice" and I can find no notice of it's termination anywhere. It could be assumed that it was terminated when this topic was removed from the announcements area of the home page but the topic still exists here, it is just not pinned to the home page now. If this is not the case I predict ongoing moderator reports of no second month free credits awarded. Please do keep it running, but why not make it more obvious that is is ongoing by keeping it on the homepage?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was going to ask that she didn't have a TELUS service before OR ask anyone else if they were on any of the TELUS company's to see what their signal was like? But then I wondered (if we are talking about voice service here), is PM voice service always on the 3G network ... only? Someone eluded to that in another topic. If that were the scenario, PM voice service could not really be compared to TELUS voice service in any particular location.

AE_Collector

Yes as telus customers have access to talk over late in the area with low 3g but good lte coverage the experiences would be nothing like each other

I was going to ask that she didn't have a TELUS service before OR ask anyone else if they were on any of the TELUS company's to see what their signal was like? But then I wondered (if we are talking about voice service here), is PM voice service always on the 3G network ... only? Someone eluded to that in another topic. If that were the scenario, PM voice service could not really be compared to TELUS voice service in any particular location.

AE_Collector

@Kim_Nguyen  Everyone on any service can experience connectivity issues. Telus/Bell has the best coverage in country. Unless shes in one of those rogers strong signal coverage areas a few trouble shooting techniques will go a long way. Reboot phone. Or turn airplane mode on. Wait 10 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot phone.

@Kim_Nguyen wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Kim_Nguyen  Has she ported out already? There are no refunds with prepaid service.

Woah really? She is not happy with the connectivity

With a pre-paid service like Public Mobile...there are no refunds. Once you port out successfully, your account is closed and you've lost any rewards and talk/text/data features ..even if you recently started here. Sorry

Kim_Nguyen

@darlicious wrote:

@Kim_Nguyen  Has she ported out already? There are no refunds with prepaid service.

Woah really? She is not happy with the connectivity

Kim_Nguyen

Hi everyone,

My friend switched to Public Mobile with a 40$ plan yesterday but then she found out that the signal was weak in her office building (she received and made phone calls and had to went around a bit so that people at the other end could hear her). She therefore decided to go back to her previous provider today. The question is she expects a full refund of the $40+tax made yesterday, will it be automatically refunded or will she need to call the CS?

Many thanks for the response

The mystery continues...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This may be the PM policy.  For the limited time promo, there is no advance notice to cancel the promo.  The 2 new accounts, activated on Dec 25, received the second month plan credit this morning.

Today is Friday.  There is no weekend flash sale this weekend...

This topic has now departed the announcements are pinned to the community home page though I see nothing here at the moment saying it has expired... yet. I bet is has.

AE_Collector

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you....will get it done today!!

The referal bonus promo is gone this morning so I would get activated as quick as possible on this promo. It could vanish like the referal credit promo at any moment. Note that the new customer still gets the $10 credit for using a referal, that never changes. Only the additional $20 referral credit to the person making the referral is gone this morning.

AE_Collector

@Eister wrote:

Is the promo still in effect Jan o2, 2020?

@Eister Yes it is act fast as it could be gone at anytime. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 credi

Eister

Is the promo still in effect Jan o2, 2020?

zgt

Thank you 👍🏼

LoveMyBolt

@zgt wrote:

Hi activated my account on dec 30th , but my account still does not show the free month, how long does it take? Thank you.

The promo says up to 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.