cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

$10 should show up on the new $15 account and another $15 credit to pay for your second month. Give it a few more days yet.

AE_Collector

hinamirza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , i have two lines one with $40 plan one with $15 , recently I activate before 23 dec another line for $15 plan  , now my question is that my new line which is set for $15 plan will get one month free or no ??       I check my other account 20 doller I get in my old account since I reffer and  I did not receive my new line 10 doller bonus . 

@gerhart  Your contract and i am assuming more specifically your subsidized device portion is finished on december 29th with a post paid service. Meaning you were billed ahead of time for your month and any extra charges incurred during that month are then added to the following months bill. If your bills due date is december 29th and that is the final bill owing on your devices subsidized portion pay it now so you are in good standing and you can activate a plan with public mobile with a temporary number. Once your services are all working you can port your telus number in closing your account with telus and theynwill prorate your bill and refund any balance to you. Once a month is started even the final month the WCC considers it a full month when it comes to a contract/device subsidy and you cannot be charged extra or any other service charges and your months service will be prorated. However you are so close to the end you could call it even with telus but they will undoubtedly follow the law and prorate the few dollars that remains on your months service. I ported from fido my boyfriends phone with six months left on his contract mid month. I just made sure there was no balance owing. It was cheaper to buy out the phone than remain paying the outrageous plan, fees and overages. The plan was prorated and device subsidy was considered paid for the entire month and I was sent a bill for 6 months of device subsidy and a prorated half a month of service. Take advantage of the free month promo just don't choose the $35 plan it has the least value of all pm plans.

If last year at this time is any indication for this year (maybe, maybe not), that December new customer promo expired at midnight eastern on Jan 1. They also had a referral promo running cincurebtly like they do now, I think it was the old $25/$25 referral deal. It continued past January 1 until about the middle of January.

@gerhart 

no one wants to pay for two overlapping services but we are now talking 3 days. It is easy to start your new PM account on a new number then Port your existing number in on Jan 29 ensuring you don't lose the second month free promo. Many think this isn't possible when still under contract. And, is your contract paying off a new phone, thus you have to complete it? If your paid up month simply ends on the 29th with no other restrictions... they will refund the few days back to you within a month if you left now. 

AE_Collector

@gerhart wrote:

I am a current TELUS customer. My contract doesn't expire until December 29th. I am hoping to switch providers immediately on that date.

Does anyone know if these plans and flash sales will still be available on Sunday, December 29th? 

Thanks!

@gerhart wrote:

I am a current TELUS customer. My contract doesn't expire until December 29th. I am hoping to switch providers immediately on that date.

Does anyone know if these plans and flash sales will still be available on Sunday, December 29th? 

Thanks!

There's no guarantee of this free 30 days being available on December 29th. I might very well be, but Public Mobile could also revoke this offer at any time. There is currenlty no set expriy.  For all we know, the offer could get better in the next few days, or it could get worse/disappear completely.  I would say that if you're happy with it, grab it while you can. There's no use wondering if you could have got a better offer if you othewise would have been happy with what you did get.

Would have been worth activating a new sim on a new number yesterday to get the Christmas gifts. You would be paying for two services for 4 days then Port your number. You need a new SIM card to make the move so start enquiring at dealers to see if any of them include a free SIM card if activating through them. In all likelihood the second month free will hold to Jan 1 at least. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gerhart wrote:

Thanks!

You can always activate before and then shortly before your other plan expires...transfer it over.

gerhart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

Fluidmax

What a great deal, I waited to sign up and it paid off...I got all the bonus including the bonus referrals during this holiday season. Totally worth the wait.

@hima 

Be CERTAIN to log into self serve and claim your two Christmas gifts from Public Mobile. This offer expires TONIGHT at midnight eastern, 9 PM pacific time.

The rest of the perks will happen automatically but not instantly.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@hima wrote:

recently i did activate $25 plan on dec 25,2019 but did not get this offer also my friend refer me and it sayone time $10 credit for me and $20 for my friend but neither of ur received anything..

please help to resolve issue

For the 2nd month free credit. It could take up to 30 days for it to be applied to your account.

For the ref credits. It could take up to 72 hours for the credits.

Claim your free gifts at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-Gifts-for-All-During-our-More-is-M...

And chance to will Amazon gift card at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Win-a-100-Amazon-gift-card-with-our-Mor...

Welcome to public mobile and merry Christmas.

hima

recently i did activate $25 plan on dec 25,2019 but did not get this offer also my friend refer me and it sayone time $10 credit for me and $20 for my friend but neither of ur received anything..

please help to resolve issue

There was a Dec 4-8 Promo though... can't recall what it was now! Was it the permanent 1Gb of data (every month) on $35 or higher plans?

AE_Collector

@azeem8 wrote:

I activated my account on December 8th. Am I eligible for the 2nd month free offer?

Sorry, but you're not eligible. This promotion started on December 20.

azeem8

I activated my account on December 8th. Am I eligible for the 2nd month free offer?

@Jeet wrote:

Hi 

Is this offer or promotion still available? The announcement says it is effective immediately until Dec 23 2019 11.59pm ET..

Yes there is no expiry date. Ignore that. It says at top extended until further notice.

Jeet

Hi 

Is this offer or promotion still available? The announcement says it is effective immediately until Dec 23 2019 11.59pm ET..

Z9999

Great. Thanks. 

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

I thought l got 400 international minutes free,but it tells me l have to pay for add ons

It is free, just make sure it's free add ons, login to self serve to add

Yup...but it could disapear at any time.

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It says until Dec 23 but also says until further notice, is it still good? 

Apololiver

Thanks so much! Just activated today! 

@Jsktaylor1 wrote:

I thought l got 400 international minutes free,but it tells me l have to pay for add ons

Be sure not to add the regular priced add-on.  If it's saying that you need to pay, the wrong one has been selected.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you look at the offer it will show $0.  Same for the extra GB of data.  Hope this helps

Jsktaylor1

@ClydeMacG wrote:

Hi,

Utter newbie here. Thanks for your patience 🙂

I activated my account Dec. 23, but not by midnight eastern, but by Pacific. Is there any way to claim the promotion?

As @Jb456 stated, this offer hasn't expired.  However, if it did expire at the originally planned time, you would have been out of luck.

@ClydeMacG  Yes luckily the promotion was extended last week....otherwise it would not have applied. Keep this in mind...as a fellow left coaster all times are eastern when it comes to public mobile. When it comes to renewal also think 8:59pm pt.

You will also notice in your usage history some confusing times....texts are recorded at the eastern time zone, incoming and outgoing calling that are answered at local time (in your case Pacific.) Unanswered calls or those that go to voicemail at eastern time zone. Data seems to be at 2 hours behind local time of use but it is still a bit of a mystery.

@ClydeMacG wrote:

Hi,

I activated my account Dec. 23, but not by midnight eastern, but by Pacific. Is there any way to claim the promotion?

Don't worry the offer has been extended so you qualify.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Don't forget to claim your free holiday gifts. Link below for 1gb and 400 international calling minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-Gifts-for-All-During-our-More-is-M...

And try your luck on winning a Amazon gift card. Link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Win-a-100-Amazon-gift-card-with-our-Mor...

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 Happy Holidays!

ClydeMacG

Hi,

Maryamira

Awesome offers Thank you!

Have all amazing sparkling holidays!

Need Help? Let's chat.