Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here by November 1, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online by November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan before November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

96 REPLIES 96

daliadimitrov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have signed up via https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020, never received confirmation email. Tried it via different browsers and thought ok maybe you do not receive a confirmation email. Went and bought a SIM card and activated with same email i registered for promotion with and see nowhere that this promotion was registered with my email address. Where should I be seeing this in my account (if it did work as it should)?

@Sharon00 

Nothing shows under promotion.

If you did all the steps. Adding your email to the promo link then activating a sim card. 

The 30 days free credit will be applied to your account like a week after this promotion ends (November 13th). So keep an eye on your account around the 20th or later.

If you signed up with a referral code for a $10 signup bonus and if you also did auto-pay. You should receive two credits $10 and $2($2 for first 30 day auto-pay that system can't apply automatically at signup) you should get those credits within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Sharon00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m a new customer and did this today but under my plan in my account it says I have no promotion?  

@Rorygrant 

Normally in this circumstance you would not qualify because the email registration would not accept an activated sim email address. However the wording in the promo is a little ambiguous as to when you should enter your email other than from October 30th to November 1st 11:59 pm et. Add this to also being able to add your email after account activation makes it an excellent argument to qualify for the promotion. Of course this could have been designed by marketing to do just that.....qualify by chance as long as you fulfill all of the other well defined conditions. I would wait until November 18th to 21st to see if the credit is added to your account. If it isnt contact the moderators at that time.

@Rorygrant wrote:

Question:

I saw this promotion and thought it was a great time to activate. I activated my phone on October 30th, but only today (Nov 1) realized that I need to input my email address to be "eligible". I just inputted my email address.

Will I still receive the free month?

That's a question for a moderator. I know that sometimes, computers are programmed only to match calendar dates, but your e-mail address was supposed to be inputed before account activation. To contact a moderator, open a ticket by going to:  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Rorygrant

Question:

I saw this promotion and thought it was a great time to activate. I activated my phone on October 30th, but only today (Nov 1) realized that I need to input my email address to be "eligible". I just inputted my email address.

Will I still receive the free month?

@mustafa123 wrote:

Is this in addition to the $14 credit we have each received for referral and auto-pay bonuses?

Yes.

mustafa123

Is this in addition to the $14 credit we have each received for referral and auto-pay bonuses?

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

@mustafa123 wrote:

Hello, my wife and I signed up and activated our accounts last week (and paid our first month) but we have not received our first-month-free credits. Can anyone help?

The credit will be applied within 30 days from your activation date as long as the terms of the agreement were satisfied.

mustafa123

Hello, my wife and I signed up and activated our accounts last week (and paid our first month) but we have not received our first-month-free credits. Can anyone help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@pfurlong70 

If you have signed up for autopay and used a referral code you will see an additional $14 credit in your account within 72 hours ( but likely tomorrow.) $10 referral credit+$2 autopay credit +$2 autopay reward=$14+$? (your plan amount credit).

It should be $2 credit almost immediately. Then the $10 referral credit up to 3 days. The other $2 would appear at renewal.

@pfurlong70 

If you have signed up for autopay and used a referral code you will see an additional $14 credit in your account within 72 hours ( but likely tomorrow.) $10 referral credit+$2 autopay credit +$2 autopay reward=$14+$? (your plan amount credit).

@pfurlong70 

The 30 day credit equal to the plan you activated on will be applied within 30 days of activation. I would expect to see it added between November 18th and 21st. However if you do not see it added to your account by November 25th or so I would contact the moderators to have it added.

Welcome to public mobile!

pfurlong70

So I just signed up with the free month promo. When will I see it applied to my account. Will it be free on my second month? 

@makkahn28 

Not going to happen as I see it. If PM was purchased by Telus just for their customers and their spectrum it would have been merged into Telus like Clearnet was in 2001 or so. It was purchased by Telus for all the above and to be a third tier niche Telus provider. Thus it will never openly compete with Telus or Koodo but rather be used to fill the very low cost low service expectation niche. PM will compete to some degree with the other 3rd tier providers which means that products and prices will slowly improve as has been happening for the two years that I have been here.

AE_Collector

I think PM needs to really start offering more sincere and genuine plans and promos

4G LTE Data I think at this point needs to be an ABSOLUTE MUST as well

The way Telus did that drop-in hop on over deal, I thought that was just as insane as that insane haircut Javiar Bardier had to take when playing Anton Chigure and I just think that PM needs to assert more Autonomy to determine their own destiny

The Plans currently are very Tired that even Canadian Tire couldn't fix as easily

They need to minimize this Hop on over to Koodo's or Telus's House, and say that PM's House still rocks the House down 

@RosieR wrote:

@AE_Collector  this Flash Sale says to enter email before Nov 1 2020

@RosieR 

Yes I know. My point is there are back to back Flash sales with only 3 days in between them (I think, unless I lost a week). When people come along and manage to activate in that small widow between two promotions it makes me think they didn’t actually do any searching to see if PM regularly offers New Customer promotions. 

AE_Collector

@computergeek541 

The previous 30 day promo had confirmation emails sent out the day after the email registration ended. This is the email that was sent out.

Screenshot_20201027-133917.png

@Ahawkes91 wrote:

@DeepState   once you entered your email address for the promo, you should get an email with a link to activate. 

Are they actually sending out e-mail message confirmations this time?  For past promotions, they didn't do this.

Ahawkes91

@DeepState   once you entered your email address for the promo, you should get an email with a link to activate. 

@DeepState 

I think you may just be getting that 30 day credit....as I just entered the email of my first account with public mobile and this is what popped up.....will I get the confirmation email?

Screenshot_20201030-215606.png

@DeepState 

You know.....now that I 've reread the way the promo is worded I can see how you might just read it as....as long as you enter your email by November 1st get a confirmation email and activate it by November 13th you will qualify......the big question would be did you get a confirmation when you entered your email and will you or have you recieved a confirmation email? If you do on the same email you activated with then there shouldn't ( in theory) be a problem in recieving the 30 day credit.

But an email already associated with a pm account should not be able to register in the first place.

@DeepState wrote:

Great promo! I just activated today and signed up for the promo after... can you confirm there will be no problem with that sequence?

I ask because sometimes you have to sign up for promos before activation.

Thanks!

Hi @DeepState oh no, you have to submit your email first, get confirmation, and then activate.  That sequence.  Well, I don't know if the moderators can help you, I hope they allow you as you just activated.  Use the links provided by @JoyLuck above to contact a moderator.  Good luck!

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

@DeepState wrote:

Great promo! I just activated today and signed up for the promo after... can you confirm there will be no problem with that sequence?

Thanks!

You needed to sign up for the promo first then activate.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here by November 1, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online by November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

Contact a moderator for the promo.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

DeepState

Thanks!

@AE_Collector  this Flash Sale says to enter email before Nov 1 2020

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here by November 1, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. Activate on a plan online by November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

Didn't the window to register your email address for the (previous) Flash Sale just end on Monday, 4 days ago? And we are now in the the period to activate a plan from that Flash Sale.. up until Nov 5 I think? If so, how are several people here activating today and yesterday with no promo? Yeah, I know the answer, they just got a sim and signed up. BUT, do your homework people! A quick Google search for Public mobile Promotions or a look around here on the community would show you that there are lots of promotions coming and going. If “getting a deal” doesn’t matter enough to do any checking and research before activating.... why worry about trying to get the promotion now?

AE_Collector

@KasingK wrote:

Hi Catherine,

I'm an existing Public Mobile customer. I'm thinking of buying a second SIM card for my second phone. Do I count as a new customer? Can I use my current email address (which has been registered with Public Mobile)?

hi @KasingK as already mentioned above, sure you can open a new account but you need a different email address.  One account, one email.  But you can use your first account's referral code and get $10 one-time credit and your first account will get $1 referral credit every 30-days as long as the second account is active.  Go ahead, make your day!  Stay safe!

@KasingK 

Either way you need a new email address or an email alias for the new account. Register the new email for the promo and refer yourself. Bobs your uncle!

Need Help? Let's chat.