Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here by November 1, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online by November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan before November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

96 REPLIES 96

@KasingK wrote:

Hi Catherine,

I'm an existing Public Mobile customer. I'm thinking of buying a second SIM card for my second phone. Do I count as a new customer? Can I use my current email address (which has been registered with Public Mobile)?

Yes, you would count as a new customer. You would need another email to set up your account. One unique email address for each phone number.

KasingK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Catherine,

I'm an existing Public Mobile customer. I'm thinking of buying a second SIM card for my second phone. Do I count as a new customer? Can I use my current email address (which has been registered with Public Mobile)?

@Ahawkes91 

Did you activate today or yesterday?

@darlicious   I still don't get your point for a calling only plan. Koodo has this. The Sims for the home phone are set for only calling. No text no data. So I'm sure PM can do it. 

Even if they made it the exact same price as Koodo which is $20 a month (30 days on PM) I'd still take it for my home phone so I can have one less thing on Koodo.

Anywho have a great spooky weekend! 🎃👻

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ahawkes91 wrote:

@JoyLuck   Thanks ! I might give it a try and see. Either way I’m happy we switched to PM! 

Yep, never hurts to ask! Glad to hear it was a good switch either way; lots of savings to be had!

Ahawkes91

@JoyLuck   Thanks ! I might give it a try and see. Either way I’m happy we switched to PM! 

Ahawkes91

@darlicious @Agreed! We switched three phones over and got referral credits too ! Best decision ever, we are saving sooo much money $$$

@Ahawkes91 wrote:

@darlicious   I did unfortunately.

Contact the moderators to see if they will give you the promo after the fact if you just activated within the last couple of days. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Ahawkes91 

Bummer....but you'll get the referral credit and you are already saving money by switching. When I activated they had a promo the next day and I didn't even have a friend to refer me. Didn't matter it was the best decision I made in all of 2019. And now my bill is $0.

Ahawkes91

@darlicious   I did unfortunately.

@Ahawkes91 

Did you already activate?

Ahawkes91

@darlicious  Thanks 😊 

@Ahawkes91 

No. You must follow the conditions of the promo.

@Ahawkes91 wrote:

Can you activate your phone and then apply the flash sale to get your second month free? 

I'm not sure what you're asking, but this offer is for new customers only. You need to register for this offer and then open a new Public Mobile account using online activation at activate.publicmobile.ca.

Ahawkes91

Can you activate your phone and then apply the flash sale to get your second month free? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

on mobile...can't quote

abandon plan...from my cold dead hands 🙂

@Jb456 

The current $15 plan has 250mb attached to it whether you have autopay or not. Otherwise data add ons would default to full speed 4G LTE like the old $10 50/50 plan. Pm only wants to offer throttled 4G LTE at 3G speeds so they have eliminated all plans that either had it or would default to it. They only have to continue to supply it to grandfathered plans as per the service agreement it has with those customers many of whom have begun to abandon those plans ( except those lucky fall promo people) as they see how much cheaper the new plans are in comparison and that sacrificing data speed for most makes no real difference in their service.

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  sorry not understanding what you're trying to say. Old $10 plan had no data. Current $15 plan has no data unless you add auto-pay.

Calling is 3g. Data is LTE throttled to 3g speeds.

So why wouldn't they have just a calling plan? 🤔 Koodo has it (I have it Koodo home phone) first year was $5 per month afterwards is $20 per month. 

If someone had the $10 plan and purchase a data add-on, the data wouldn't have any speed restriction.

@darlicious  sorry not understanding what you're trying to say. Old $10 plan had no data. Current $15 plan has no data unless you add auto-pay.

Calling is 3g. Data is LTE throttled to 3g speeds.

So why wouldn't they have just a calling plan? 🤔 Koodo has it (I have it Koodo home phone) first year was $5 per month afterwards is $20 per month. 

@Plumber wrote:

I just activated a new account online a few minutes ago and didn't see this flash sale until now. Do I still qualify for this promo? 

By the conditions stated, you need to register for this offer first. I would ask the moderators if you're still going to get the free 30 days. Open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Plumber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated a new account online a few minutes ago and didn't see this flash sale until now. Do I still qualify for this promo? 

@Jb456 wrote:

I still would like an unlimited Canada wide calling only plan. No text, no data.

@Jb456 

Since I already had my tablet going sideways.....pm won't be offering any plan without some kind of data attached to it so that they can continue to only supply 3G speed to all new plans and customers. So a calling only or calling and text only plan isn't going to happen. I suspect this is the main reason they got rid off the very popular $10 50/50 plan and the recent demise of the unpopular $30/1gb data only plan.

@benfatto wrote:

I really hate flash sales! 🤬

As well as offers that exclude current customers. 😫

Surely, one wouldn't expect a credit for a free 30 days of service deposited into your account every couple of weeks.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JasonRose wrote:

Does this apply to clients I refer? Can we double up on these rewards?

The rewards aren't promos so there's no doubling up aka stacking involved. Refer away!

For existing customers, these referral opportunites may not be as good as they seem.

To Public Mobile:

How many of these new customers will remain after 2 or 3 months?  The deal of a free 30 days is itself ok. However, better permanent prices plans are far more important. A customer who signs up partially because of this ofer is very likely to consider switching  Lucky who will surely have the same offer again in the near future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JasonRose wrote:

The rewards aren't promos so there's no doubling up aka stacking involved. Refer away!

@JasonRose If your referral has a brand new sim card and follows the steps to enter email in promo link for second 30 days free and activates their sim card in the time period they can use your referral code. There is a spot to enter it on the activation page. They will get $10 sign up bonus plus second 30 days free and you will get $1 reward every 30 days as long as they remain a PM customer.

JasonRose

@darlicious  🤔??

@Jb456 

All plans will come with at least the so called autopay bonus so as to ensure only throttled 4G LTE is offered.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I really hate flash sales! 🤬

As well as offers that exclude current customers. 😫

Need Help? Let's chat.