cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

You say there's always a promo, well I hope they aren't all for new customers... 

Mayor / Maire

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

You say there's always a promo, well I hope they aren't all for new customers... 

I joined PM on July 2018.  For the first 8 months, PM promotions are for new and exiting subscribers,  Since April 2019, most of the new promotions are mostly for new activation only.  I think this is the trend going forward.  But PM gave the exiting subscribers on and before  August  2019 a free 1GB data add-on.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@popping wrote:

I joined PM on July 2018.  For the first 8 months, PM promotions are for new and exiting subscribers,  Since April 2019, most of the new promotions are mostly for new activation only.  I think this is the trend going forward.  But PM gave the exiting subscribers on and before  August  2019 a free 1GB data add-on.

The rewards are the way they keep customers. Those take time to collect.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

As far as i can see back promos are for new customers, ongoing customers usually get benefit of dropping prices and/or improved plans, also $25 referral bonus (for both) loyalty and other rewards. And to make it all sweeter here comes data bonus or that promo for selected 60 holders. I wound never expect flash deal for account holders, the nature of it is to lure new customers

My observation on this as I did activated a line and Walmart was adament to charge me for the SIM card. After 2 hours of back and forth; bringing up this same community post out. 

Long story short; issues as follows:

1. I was charged the taxes ($1.31) for the SIM card whereas it would have been $0. I guess Walmart personnel was not able to add the promo right. I just gave up at this point.
  2. Pre-Authorized setup was done to get offer straight for 500MB bonus data & $2 discount. While I got that, Credit card got charged to $45.30 for the first month which was supposed to be $0.

As a supporter of PM, I waited for this deal to try out the new service without spending for a month and it seems that is not possible because now I have an extra line which I have been charged already for the credit to be applied for next month. Frustrating, confusing and not clear expectations set.

Not the end of world for me to spend the $45.00 but this can be better advertised as I put the credit card to show I am serious but not to get charged for the first month when it clearly says for $0 on the promo. Very misleading!!!

@totalUser wrote:

As far as i can see back promos are for new customers, ongoing customers usually get benefit of dropping prices and/or improved plans, also $25 referral bonus (for both) loyalty and other rewards. And to make it all sweeter here comes data bonus or that promo for selected 60 holders. I wound never expect flash deal for account holders, the nature of it is to lure new customers

@totalUser thanks for the reply. 

As far as I can tell the referral bonus is only 10 dollars to your friend:

"How Does It Work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10."

Don't get me wrong, I chose PM over Chatr (Lucky sucks, ask for details if interested)  because of the rewards offered, as the rates are pretty much the same accross the board with all 3 old tech (low speed) companies. Pay less for less, kinda like buying bruised fruit at 50% off.

Still I did my research, didn't get a referral and there was not a word on ongoing flash promos coming up... It will take about 4 years of loyalty to get that kind of discount... So I hope you understand that I'm a little peeved to have missed out by so little... 

PS. This built-in site editor is lame to use on a phone... 

@kaura4pm wrote:

My observation on this as I did activated a line and Walmart was adament to charge me for the SIM card. After 2 hours of back and forth; bringing up this same community post out. 

Long story short; issues as follows:

1. I was charged the taxes ($1.31) for the SIM card whereas it would have been $0. I guess Walmart personnel was not able to add the promo right. I just gave up at this point.
  2. Pre-Authorized setup was done to get offer straight for 500MB bonus data & $2 discount. While I got that, Credit card got charged to $45.30 for the first month which was supposed to be $0.

As a supporter of PM, I waited for this deal to try out the new service without spending for a month and it seems that is not possible because now I have an extra line which I have been charged already for the credit to be applied for next month. Frustrating, confusing and not clear expectations set.

Not the end of world for me to spend the $45.00 but this can be better advertised as I put the credit card to show I am serious but not to get charged for the first month when it clearly says for $0 on the promo. Very misleading!!!

While I agree that "next month for 0$" isn't precise, "offer details" clearly state: "The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $25/month or higher. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to list goodies that popped up in past for both new and old. I was waiting for that 25 referral for months, then I just gave up. I have only m myself to blame, should have snached it in spring

If you didn't get rewards that were coming to you, you can contact moderators. 

It's pretty annoying to be waiting for things like thaty to hop on board, I have pretty bad luck with it. 

So I decided to hop on when they have free sim promo. But soon they had 10+10 promo, so I figured out it's same thing. What I didn't know at the time it's that I needed to activate 25 plan, they announced that 5 hours later. If I new oi would wait a bit longer. I did contact mods about it and she said nah nothing can be done. Well I'm still saving so I'm still happy. 

Also to be honest I thought it would be easier to get referrals, people very reluctant

Thanks for sharing this information.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats great, I just got one for my son. Thank you