cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Yay. I missed out on the last 1GB promo so this will suffice. 

Started line 4/4 for Public Mobile today.

Or how about not buying SIMs in advance, or asking a family member to buy one on your behalf, or a stranger doing it, or any other convoluted process, but asking Public Mobile to step up and show some responsibility to their customers?

Like say, when they do these flash sales they provide a link that allows us all to buy the SIM direct during the sale period and lock the deal opportunity right there and then. No muss, no fuss, and some pretty grateful people right?

Exactly! More of that please!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Of course the post wasn't about quality of cell phone service but if you look at the coverage map for nova Scotia it's completely saturated but when I was visiting my parents and we were all over the northern half there was very limited signals from telus my provider at the time. It's actually an issue members of the legislature have been bringing up for their constituents it's that bad. The most reliable signal I could get 10km out of Antigonish was from pei and I would get a nonroaming freedom signal as often as a telus one. I have family near Dawson creek that live 1 km from a cell phone tower that telus refuses to put a repeater on because they say they don't have enough customers to make it worth their while. So in fact it can be easier to pick up a SIM at a retailer than to get a signal for your phone,

Mayor / Maire

@maurice wrote:

Or how about not buying SIMs in advance, or asking a family member to buy one on your behalf, or a stranger doing it, or any other convoluted process, but asking Public Mobile to step up and show some responsibility to their customers?

Like say, when they do these flash sales they provide a link that allows us all to buy the SIM direct during the sale period and lock the deal opportunity right there and then. No muss, no fuss, and some pretty grateful people right?

Sure. That's a fine idea. Make it work like they did with the promo I mentioned. You gave them an email address during the purchase and you had to use that email address for the activation. They could do that. Will they? Not likely.

You win some you lose some. We get people posting all the time around these time limited promos where they just missed it by a day. Sucks. Oh well.

As mentioned, the larger majority of potential customers live nearer to a participating retailer. I don't. I'm about 2 hours away from one. But most rural dwellers would go to these larger centres on a somewhat frequent basis.

That was a shout out to you     "z10user4".  

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do they know Parker from Gold rush?😁

@darlicious wrote:

I have family near Dawson creek that live 1 km from a cell phone tower that telus refuses to put a repeater on because they say they don't have enough customers to make it worth their while. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hahaha hahaha! As I wrote earlier laughs can get you Bravos too. It makes you feel better when you lose out by activating right before a flash sale

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Quick question

If I bought my SIM cards directly from Public - am I elgible for this promotion? 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you receive them in mail or your waiting for them??

@fitmom1369 wrote:

Quick question

If I bought my SIM cards directly from Public - am I elgible for this promotion?