cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

It would appear that unless you already had a SIM available, perhaps in anticipation of a sale, or had access to one of the retail providers, it's pretty unlikely you would be able to benefit from this. Even with Amazon Prime, if you ordered a SIM right now it wouldn't be here until Tuesday so you're hooped. Pretty odd timing in my opinion. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

I think about 80 % of Canadians live in close proximity of an urban centre which means there's a Wal-Mart near you...or another licensed retailer. So the vast majority of us could get a SIM card. The other part of the population that doesn't have easy access to a retailer may not even have reliable cell phone service in their area. Unfortunately there remains many rural areas in this country without or with very sketchy service and I'm not talking about the arctic circle either. Many parts of nova Scotia are woefully underserved....not even 911 service as well as mountainous areas of bc etc...

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!


@fyalibhai wrote:

I just purchased a SIM but it has not yet arrived. Can I activate a plan with this deal without a SIM card?


That wouldn't be possible if you purchased directly from Public Mobile.  If you want this weekend's promo, the account must be activated by Sunday 11:59pm EDT.  You could get another sim card from a store, or if you use your imagination, there are ways to get a sim card activated before you actually receive it if you purchase one from someone is willng to give you the numbers on the sim card ahead of time.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Pretty sure that not being close to a retailer carrying PM SIMs doesn't necessarily equate to poor cell phone service. It certainly doesn't where I live. Not to mention quality of cell phone service wasn't the point. The point is that PM is strongly online oriented. It is more than likely that the vast majority of their SIM sales are purchased online, which means they must be shipped out. There is a time lag before you will receive that ordered SIM. To announce a 3 day flash sale in which two of the shipping days are weekend days where shipping is mostly non existent, seems very odd. Especially if increasing the client base was really the object of the exercise. By restricting the window of opportunity they are literally forcing those who wish to participate to find a bricks and mortar outlet to get the deal. How 1970s of them!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Not hard to call a friend or family member an say hey can you pick me up a sim and give me the number on sim 😁


@maurice wrote:

Pretty sure that not being close to a retailer carrying PM SIMs doesn't necessarily equate to poor cell phone service. It certainly doesn't where I live. Not to mention quality of cell phone service wasn't the point. The point is that PM is strongly online oriented. It is more than likely that the vast majority of their SIM sales are purchased online, which means they must be shipped out. There is a time lag before you will receive that ordered SIM. To announce a 3 day flash sale in which two of the shipping days are weekend days where shipping is mostly non existent, seems very odd. Especially if increasing the client base was really the object of the exercise. By restricting the window of opportunity they are literally forcing those who wish to participate to find a bricks and mortar outlet to get the deal. How 1970s of them!


 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Actually this flash deal got me thinking.

 

Let's say a PM client plan is about to renew in the next few days...

 

Could they not buy another sim, sign up a new account to take advantage of this deal..

 

Then port their current number to new account and let their other account expire? To take advantage of this deal?

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!


@Jb456 wrote:

Actually this flash deal got me thinking.

 

Let's say a PM client plan is about to renew in the next few days...

 

Could they not buy another sim, sign up a new account to take advantage of this deal..

 

Then port their current number to new account and let their other account expire? To take advantage of this deal?

 


No cross-PM porting.

You could port out to another provider and then port back in to the new account. Any balances of anything would be lost on the old account though.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Good to know. Thank you! 

 


@z10user4 wrote:

@@

 


No cross-PM porting.

You could port out to another provider and then port back in to the new account. Any balances of anything would be lost on the old account though.


 

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

 @maurice 

Yes. We would all agree with you. Alas. We aren't the highly paid marketing exec's either.

There was a promo a few weeks ago where the deal was in fact to buy the SIM online and then have until a week or so later to activate it.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

I had about 3 hours to figure that out last night....there didn't seem to be a cheap enough plan elsewhere to lose the rewards and credit already in my account to make it worthwhile. Unless you had not topped up your account and only had the $2 auto pay reward and would activate on a higher priced plan would you save much more money. It was a thought that occupied my mind right up to renewal time of 11:59.