cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective immediately until October 27, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. You can also get a $0 SIM when you activate in-store (more details HERE).

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from now until October 27 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

58 REPLIES 58

@vpakwong wrote:

anyone know if i can get this free sim+$60 credit deal?

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-free-public-mobile-sim-60-credit-gta-2329302/

Yes if you activate $35 plan by November 21. The free sim offer is by that retailer.

vpakwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glorious

Amazing offer!

@fairchse wrote:

I think this offer is awesome 

It's expired.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If anyone is already a PM customer, they are not eligible for the 25.00 month promotion that expired a short time ago.

fairchse

I think this offer is awesome 

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective immediately until October 27, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. You can also get a $0 SIM when you activate in-store (more details HERE).

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from now until October 27 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I missed this!!!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sudy007 wrote:

if i switch from my 15 $ plan to the $ 25 plan will i be considered a new customer and be elegible for this benefit

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective immediately until October 27, 2019 at 11:59PM ET

Hi,

Sorry, but this promotion has ended already. Smiley Sad

@sudy007 wrote:

if i switch from my 15 $ plan to the $ 25 plan will i be considered a new customer and be elegible for this benefit

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

This is expired. As indicated by the mesaage that you quoted, this offer was until October 27. Furthermore, you had to activate a new account.

sudy007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

GR
Mayor / Maire

@GTB86 yes it was only for the weekend! Right now there's the free Sim promo for the week 

GTB86

Anybody know if this flash sale has ended yet? Thanks,

G

@team-eh wrote:

do these sales often come up

@team-eh 

Every couple of months.....

team-eh

do these sales often come up

@Behzad wrote:

Yesterday, I sent my friend to stores at St. Vital, Winnipeg. I talked to her very much and promote Public Mobile to her. She went there in order to buy a public mobile service.

1- No one helped her (wow mobile and other retailers) just somebody at Walmart tried to activate her plan.

2- The guy at Walmart tried two different sim cards and he failed to activate. So my friend lost your free sim card plan as well as a free 1-month plan for plans higher than 25$/month.

It is worth mentioning that due to the fact that she is currently using her own number, she doesn't want to change her number. As well as her, I lost my 1 dollor refer friend reward although I put a sizeable amount of time to persuade her to join Public Mobile.

She was told Public Mobile does not have appropriate support service; thus, we cannot help you to register. You have to change your number.  Even though, they couldn't activate sim cards.  

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @JacquiG 

Sorry it will not be applied to your account if you miss the deadline.

On the other hand they often have some promotions. Sometimes 1st month off, sunstones 10off/6months, sometimes bonus data one time add-on, sometimes extras data for 6 months, sometimes special plan with extras data and/or discounted price for as long as you keep that plan, sometimes extras referral credit (on top of usual 10 that you get when you use referral code so don't forget to use it)

If you are not getting killed by your current bill and can afford to wait a bit, it may be worth it, pre holiday times should be littered with promos if there is any justice in this world.

And as it was pointed above to you, you can snatch a deal without porting, and later you can port at any convenient time in the comfort of your self-serve

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @JacquiG 

On the other hand they often have some promotions. Sometimes 1st month off, sunstones 10off/6months, sometimes bonus data one time add-on, sometimes extras data for 6 months, sometimes special plan with extras data and/or discounted price for as long as you keep that plan, sometimes extras referral credit (on top of usual 10 that you get when you use referral code so don't forget to use it)

If you are not getting killed by your current bill and can afford to wait a bit, it may be worth it, pre holiday times should be littered with promos if there is any justice in this world.

And as it was pointed above to you, you can snatch a deal without porting, and later you can port at any convenient time in the comfort of your self-serve

You and your friend should contact the moderators and provide all the receipts (if she paid for anything, or even if they printed out 0 due)

Not all is lost, you can still contact the moderators and they may be able to help.

Be sure to rate the stores too

Behzad

Yesterday, I sent my friend to stores at St. Vital, Winnipeg. I talked to her very much and promote Public Mobile to her. She went there in order to buy a public mobile service.

1- No one helped her (wow mobile and other retailers) just somebody at Walmart tried to activate her plan.

2- The guy at Walmart tried two different sim cards and he failed to activate. So my friend lost your free sim card plan as well as a free 1-month plan for plans higher than 25$/month.

It is worth mentioning that due to the fact that she is currently using her own number, she doesn't want to change her number. As well as her, I lost my 1 dollor refer friend reward although I put a sizeable amount of time to persuade her to join Public Mobile.

She was told Public Mobile does not have appropriate support service; thus, we cannot help you to register. You have to change your number.  Even though, they couldn't activate sim cards.  

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @JacquiG 

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @JacquiG 

Hi @JacquiG 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JacquiG wrote:

Good morning,

I have 2 phones to port over and missed doing it before yesterday's deadline and wondered if there is a chance you might extend this offer to me today.

Thank you,

Jacqueline

You don't need to port your number before the deadline to get this promo.

Did you activate 2 new PM accounts yesterday?

If yes, you will get the credit in your account within 7 days.  You can port your number anytime.

If no, better luck next time. 

JacquiG

Good morning,

I have 2 phones to port over and missed doing it before yesterday's deadline and wondered if there is a chance you might extend this offer to me today.

Thank you,

Jacqueline

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats great, I just got one for my son. Thank you

Newfiescreech

Thanks for sharing this information.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to list goodies that popped up in past for both new and old. I was waiting for that 25 referral for months, then I just gave up. I have only m myself to blame, should have snached it in spring

If you didn't get rewards that were coming to you, you can contact moderators. 

It's pretty annoying to be waiting for things like thaty to hop on board, I have pretty bad luck with it. 

So I decided to hop on when they have free sim promo. But soon they had 10+10 promo, so I figured out it's same thing. What I didn't know at the time it's that I needed to activate 25 plan, they announced that 5 hours later. If I new oi would wait a bit longer. I did contact mods about it and she said nah nothing can be done. Well I'm still saving so I'm still happy. 

Also to be honest I thought it would be easier to get referrals, people very reluctant

CJ_in_Chilli

@kaura4pm wrote:

My observation on this as I did activated a line and Walmart was adament to charge me for the SIM card. After 2 hours of back and forth; bringing up this same community post out. 

Long story short; issues as follows:

1. I was charged the taxes ($1.31) for the SIM card whereas it would have been $0. I guess Walmart personnel was not able to add the promo right. I just gave up at this point.
  2. Pre-Authorized setup was done to get offer straight for 500MB bonus data & $2 discount. While I got that, Credit card got charged to $45.30 for the first month which was supposed to be $0.

As a supporter of PM, I waited for this deal to try out the new service without spending for a month and it seems that is not possible because now I have an extra line which I have been charged already for the credit to be applied for next month. Frustrating, confusing and not clear expectations set.

Not the end of world for me to spend the $45.00 but this can be better advertised as I put the credit card to show I am serious but not to get charged for the first month when it clearly says for $0 on the promo. Very misleading!!!

While I agree that "next month for 0$" isn't precise, "offer details" clearly state: "The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $25/month or higher. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice."

CJ_in_Chilli

@totalUser wrote:

As far as i can see back promos are for new customers, ongoing customers usually get benefit of dropping prices and/or improved plans, also $25 referral bonus (for both) loyalty and other rewards. And to make it all sweeter here comes data bonus or that promo for selected 60 holders. I wound never expect flash deal for account holders, the nature of it is to lure new customers

@totalUser thanks for the reply. 

As far as I can tell the referral bonus is only 10 dollars to your friend:

"How Does It Work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10."

Don't get me wrong, I chose PM over Chatr (Lucky sucks, ask for details if interested)  because of the rewards offered, as the rates are pretty much the same accross the board with all 3 old tech (low speed) companies. Pay less for less, kinda like buying bruised fruit at 50% off.

Still I did my research, didn't get a referral and there was not a word on ongoing flash promos coming up... It will take about 4 years of loyalty to get that kind of discount... So I hope you understand that I'm a little peeved to have missed out by so little... 

PS. This built-in site editor is lame to use on a phone... 

kaura4pm

My observation on this as I did activated a line and Walmart was adament to charge me for the SIM card. After 2 hours of back and forth; bringing up this same community post out. 

Long story short; issues as follows:

1. I was charged the taxes ($1.31) for the SIM card whereas it would have been $0. I guess Walmart personnel was not able to add the promo right. I just gave up at this point.
  2. Pre-Authorized setup was done to get offer straight for 500MB bonus data & $2 discount. While I got that, Credit card got charged to $45.30 for the first month which was supposed to be $0.

As a supporter of PM, I waited for this deal to try out the new service without spending for a month and it seems that is not possible because now I have an extra line which I have been charged already for the credit to be applied for next month. Frustrating, confusing and not clear expectations set.

Not the end of world for me to spend the $45.00 but this can be better advertised as I put the credit card to show I am serious but not to get charged for the first month when it clearly says for $0 on the promo. Very misleading!!!

@popping wrote:

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

You say there's always a promo, well I hope they aren't all for new customers... 

I joined PM on July 2018.  For the first 8 months, PM promotions are for new and exiting subscribers,  Since April 2019, most of the new promotions are mostly for new activation only.  I think this is the trend going forward.  But PM gave the exiting subscribers on and before  August  2019 a free 1GB data add-on.

As far as i can see back promos are for new customers, ongoing customers usually get benefit of dropping prices and/or improved plans, also $25 referral bonus (for both) loyalty and other rewards. And to make it all sweeter here comes data bonus or that promo for selected 60 holders. I wound never expect flash deal for account holders, the nature of it is to lure new customers

@popping wrote:

I joined PM on July 2018.  For the first 8 months, PM promotions are for new and exiting subscribers,  Since April 2019, most of the new promotions are mostly for new activation only.  I think this is the trend going forward.  But PM gave the exiting subscribers on and before  August  2019 a free 1GB data add-on.

The rewards are the way they keep customers. Those take time to collect.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

You say there's always a promo, well I hope they aren't all for new customers... 

CJ_in_Chilli

@john_ wrote:

The $0 SIM card apply to this flash sale offer?

Thank you

Yes if activation is in-store for $25 or higher plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.