cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 7, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online and in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

128 REPLIES 128

@siesta wrote:

Hello All,

I am a new public mobile user. I just bought activated my new sim today. I have the $50 plan. I thought my bill would be $0. But it didnt.

Can anyone please explain ?

Thanks

The first 30 days isn't free.  You'll receive a $50 Public Mobile account balance credit within 7 business days that will take care of the second 30 days.

siesta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

I am a new public mobile user. I just bought activated my new sim today. I have the $50 plan. I thought my bill would be $0. But it didnt.

Can anyone please explain ?

Thanks

Refer to my latest posts re: can I get more than one phone threw (sic) one bank account

For how to stack additional promos with this flash sale.  Happy saving. Where's your next vacation going to be?

Edited by ShawnC13: Removed offer of referral

Thank you ShawnC13 - Shout out to ShawnC13 it seems he has taken me under his wing and has devoted some personal attention to help mentor me on the ins and outs of posting on the community. In response to the previous post I oops offered a referral. My bad and I would like to offer my sincerest apology for this contravention of the community terms of service. So for any new users out there please avail yourself to the terms so as to not to make this mistake as I did. I'm sure ShawnC13 can provide the link for those who want to reread it...as I'm about to. Once again thank you ShawnC13 for all the mentorship. You make the community stronger!!!!

If you're considering $40+ plan I can advise you on other offers you can stack on top.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo wrote:

I am about too join ....who wants a referral?

@dboxtvinfo 

I've sent you a PM.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Smiley Tongue

dboxtvinfo

I am about too join ....who wants a referral?

dboxtvinfo

2 day sale only 

dboxtvinfo

I just saw the sale

I need more time 

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Pm will send you a text when they apply the referral credit and the $1 reward for your friend will appear in their account within a day on average. Almost always they show up in your account before they notify you anyways. Welcome to public mobile.

My experience on a couple occassions has been that the referrer gets a text right away. The new customer will just get the credit overnight without notification. But things may have changed in the last while.

The text mesaage about referring someone is immediate, but only during select daytime hours.  I am unsure of the exact cutoff time, but if an activation is done between that time and 12pm eastern/9am pacific, the text mesaage about it won't come until then.  This has no affect on the accounts involved.  It's likely just so people don't complain that Public Mobile is sending text messages to customers in the middle of the night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Pm will send you a text when they apply the referral credit and the $1 reward for your friend will appear in their account within a day on average. Almost always they show up in your account before they notify you anyways. Welcome to public mobile.

My experience on a couple occassions has been that the referrer gets a text right away. The new customer will just get the credit overnight without notification. But things may have changed in the last while.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Azukizhang wrote:

Just activated 8th september! Didnt see this reward on my account. Didnt even see the 10$ reward for  reffered code that my friend gave me.

The $10 referral credit should appear overnight. The other promo should appear within the week.

@Azukizhang hi it can take a few days to appear Smiley Happy your free 30 days will be next cycle

Azukizhang

Just activated 8th september! Didnt see this reward on my account. Didnt even see the 10$ reward for  reffered code that my friend gave me.

@fitmom1369 wrote:

Quick question

If I bought my SIM cards directly from Public - am I elgible for this promotion? 

Sure, but you need to already have them so that you can activate by the deadline. It doesn't matter where you got them from, as long as they are unused and valid.

@dariovitale1 wrote:

How about those that just signed up for the $25 plan within the last 30 days as a new customer?

Unfortunately no you're out of luck. You win some you loose some

dariovitale1

How about those that just signed up for the $25 plan within the last 30 days as a new customer?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice flash sale.  I was somewhat surprised that PM didn't have any back-to-school deals. 

Did you receive them in mail or your waiting for them??

@fitmom1369 wrote:

Quick question

If I bought my SIM cards directly from Public - am I elgible for this promotion? 

fitmom1369

Quick question

Hahaha hahaha! As I wrote earlier laughs can get you Bravos too. It makes you feel better when you lose out by activating right before a flash sale

Do they know Parker from Gold rush?😁

@darlicious wrote:

I have family near Dawson creek that live 1 km from a cell phone tower that telus refuses to put a repeater on because they say they don't have enough customers to make it worth their while. 

maurice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That was a shout out to you     "z10user4".  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maurice wrote:

Or how about not buying SIMs in advance, or asking a family member to buy one on your behalf, or a stranger doing it, or any other convoluted process, but asking Public Mobile to step up and show some responsibility to their customers?

Like say, when they do these flash sales they provide a link that allows us all to buy the SIM direct during the sale period and lock the deal opportunity right there and then. No muss, no fuss, and some pretty grateful people right?

Sure. That's a fine idea. Make it work like they did with the promo I mentioned. You gave them an email address during the purchase and you had to use that email address for the activation. They could do that. Will they? Not likely.

You win some you lose some. We get people posting all the time around these time limited promos where they just missed it by a day. Sucks. Oh well.

As mentioned, the larger majority of potential customers live nearer to a participating retailer. I don't. I'm about 2 hours away from one. But most rural dwellers would go to these larger centres on a somewhat frequent basis.

Of course the post wasn't about quality of cell phone service but if you look at the coverage map for nova Scotia it's completely saturated but when I was visiting my parents and we were all over the northern half there was very limited signals from telus my provider at the time. It's actually an issue members of the legislature have been bringing up for their constituents it's that bad. The most reliable signal I could get 10km out of Antigonish was from pei and I would get a nonroaming freedom signal as often as a telus one. I have family near Dawson creek that live 1 km from a cell phone tower that telus refuses to put a repeater on because they say they don't have enough customers to make it worth their while. So in fact it can be easier to pick up a SIM at a retailer than to get a signal for your phone,

maurice

Exactly! More of that please!

maurice

Or how about not buying SIMs in advance, or asking a family member to buy one on your behalf, or a stranger doing it, or any other convoluted process, but asking Public Mobile to step up and show some responsibility to their customers?

Like say, when they do these flash sales they provide a link that allows us all to buy the SIM direct during the sale period and lock the deal opportunity right there and then. No muss, no fuss, and some pretty grateful people right?

NJC

Yay. I missed out on the last 1GB promo so this will suffice. 

Started line 4/4 for Public Mobile today.

I had about 3 hours to figure that out last night....there didn't seem to be a cheap enough plan elsewhere to lose the rewards and credit already in my account to make it worthwhile. Unless you had not topped up your account and only had the $2 auto pay reward and would activate on a higher priced plan would you save much more money. It was a thought that occupied my mind right up to renewal time of 11:59.

Need Help? Let's chat.