cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 16th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 16, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 6 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 6 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

98 REPLIES 98

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector I always wondered, implementing a 'monthly' cycle like other carriers isn't tht tough and yet PM doesnt' wanna do it. Its way easier to remember the day of the month is goin to renew then figuring out the 30 the day. 

I find myself abbreviating to a "month" as well since "30 day billing period" or "30 day plan" just sounds too awkward or confusing.

AE_Collector

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Tiana_V 

Good improvements on the SIM Card wording and options!

Thank You!

AE_Collector

Yes - but bad wording on the "second month FREE" when technically it's 30days, given that Dec has 31 days.

I know - I know - I'm being picky ....

@will13am wrote:

This is good.  Past flash sales required getting more expensive plans.  

This is true when compared to some sales.  Two weeks ago, this offer was for activation of any plan.  This time, it's for a $25 or higher plan.

At least with these sales there should be nothing preventing or limiting the ability to switch plans going forward. The first months credit arrives and helps pay for whatever plan you are on in the second month. Yes someone can game the system a little but it is an opportunity to try having a plan with more data at least initially. And I am not much of a fan of too many complicated scenarios that can lead to clawing back perks, look at the number of times questions have been asked here about changing plans and losing data bonuses!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Tiana_V 

Thank You!

AE_Collector

Well...I think it's ridiculous to say anything about getting a SIM by mail order when it would be completely uneconomical to get one "overnight" for Monday. They would need to make the ordering and receipt time frame longer to bother.

Going to a store or having one on-hand sure. No problem. Nice having flash sales though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is good.  Past flash sales required getting more expensive plans.  

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V 

Thank You!

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.