cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Well I too have commented numerous times that 10 to 14 day promos would solve many problems including the problem of getting a SIM card mailed out in time to activate. But they do some short 3-4 day promos and some longer 10-14 day promos. For months there were no promos through the summer so we are happy that they are back. But the short ones can be problematic. 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33  And you should feel proud of yourself. That was quite the accomplishment and don't worry I was just as green when I joined in August. I waited and waited and waited for a sale almost all summer long and I finally couldnt stand to pay one more overpriced bill so i switched and wouldnt you know it they finally had a flash sale two days later. I didnt even have a referral code. But thats ok because i was already saving from my last provider as im sure you are from bell. And you do get the free holiday add on gifts worth $45. And....a little advice for a better deal or to save some more money. It sounds like you chose the $35 plan with 1.5 5gb on autopay ($33). This plan has the least value so consider scheduling a change on your next renewal. If you're not a big data user switch it to the $25 it still has 1gb of data but saves you $10 a month. Enable all your data saving optionsyou should be fine and if you need a little more to get thru the last couple of days youve got the free data add on to dip into. But if you like having some freedom to use data when you need or want to then switch to the $40 its only $5 more per month and you get 3.5gb more data. More than triple the data of the $35 plan for $5! That's the cheapest data increase between any plans on public mobile. You can also change plans  as much as you want...next couple of months youre a homebody on wifi most of the time because its cold outside down to the $25 even the $15 maybe....come summer your at the beach, lake, cottage whatever your outside enjoying the weather away from wifi you bump up to the $40 for a couple of months. Two weeks in mexico down to the $15 and a cheap Mexican sim plan. Lots of flexibility but get off the $35 its not worth it. With all the money your going to save...where is your next vacation going to be?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Jeez darlicious! How about a paragraph break? Your lengthy (informative) screeds come out as walls of text.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am only home for a few weeks and wasn't sure what happens if I go over the data allotment.  With other companies they just keep on charging and charging. I think, but not sure, because it is pay as you go, that if I exceed my limit phone would just not work on data...but wasn't sure so I went up to $35 to be safe.  Next 3 months back to Fl so will drop to $15 and add on talk and text.  Thanks for your suggestions. I see people talking about 3 month at a time payments? What are savings if that does exist?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Once you reach your data limit then it will stop.  PM does not have any overages.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33  There used to be 90 day plans but they are no longer offered but some customers choose to keep them. Public mobile will grandfather you in with older plans if you choose to keep them but you cant change plans once you do you cant get it back. Same as the lucky customers who took the $60 US/Canada roaming plan with 8gb data/2gb us roaming/unlimited calling and texting. That was a limited time plan and a great deal. At least you will be able to keep the holiday add ons when you switch to the $15 plan the next time you go south. Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page so youll know if they bring back the $60 US plan again you might want to snap it up.

Highlighted

That was the original reason I started investigating PM. The $60 plan was amazing. If they ever did bring it back I would grab it for sure. Even if they would give is US roaming for 30 days at a time in addition to the 10 day add on.  I have read that witht the 10 day add on at times can leave you without anything for a day unless you buy it in the 9th day.  It will be a real pain worrying about going into account 3 times a month and trying to remember what day to do it.

Unfortunately I missed the $60 plan.  Should have jumped on it in June but waited til the fall to get it...darn...whodda thunk it would disappear

Highlighted

About your suggestion to sign up for flash sales. I signed up for an RSS feed.  Would that suffice?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Highlighted

Thanks, I am already suscribed to an RSS feed.  Wondering if that will suffice or should I also sign up to the deals alert under plans on the PM website