cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Thank you for putting up promotions. 

Merry Christmas.  And  Have a happy and safe holiday season. 

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I really want to take part in the flash sale for my brother but some reason my sim card keeps getting rejected. I want to try again with another credit card but it says i have to wait 50 minutes to try again. Is it possible to get a promo code so I can still get the free $20??!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@maejestic  The flash sale deadline was 11:59pm et. on Dec 16th. So you have missed the deadline. If you started at least one hour before that it is possible to ask for it to be honored but there is no guarantee it will be granted. They may extend it...check in the morning or they offer another promo on Friday Dec 20th as they often do promos on Fridays. The referral credit of $20 is still valid. I think your best bet would be to wait until morning. However you could submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue that you tried to activate in time but kept getting errors and missed the deadline. Will they honor promo activating on Dec 17th. Can't hurt to ask. I'll follow up with how to avoid errors and the 50 min lock out sessions.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SomeFriend I hope you get what you need!

Highlighted

Ordered sim card.  Once received it took me a day+ to get phone unlocked by Bell..wonder why I left them..then had to port my number from Bell another day.  Now it seems I missed the offer yet it doesn't say expired so hoping I qualify with $35 plan.

Highlighted

I just replied about time limit of Dec 16th.  It was impossible for me to get sim and unlock phone and port number in time. Gets tough for newbies to get it done so quickly, maybe give us a few more days. Mail is slower this time of year.  Hoping your reply will be a positive one to allow the promo up to Dec 18th.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mimi33 wrote:

I just replied about time limit of Dec 16th.  It was impossible for me to get sim and unlock phone and port number in time. Gets tough for newbies to get it done so quickly, maybe give us a few more days. Mail is slower this time of year.  Hoping your reply will be a positive one to allow the promo up to Dec 18th.

Numbers can be ported in at any time. Activation does need to be done while the promotion is active.

Highlighted

I had 5 days to order sim and set up account. Found out my phone was locked once I got sim card in mail. Took a day to get it done and 7 phone calls to Bell.  Whether I ported number number was irrelevant as I ran out of time to get promo

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If you have a SIM card in hand or even just the SIM card serial number of a card that is on its way to you, you can activate a new PM account. If there was a problem with porting out from Bell or a locked phone to deal with, you still could have started the new account then ported your number to PM once the problems were resolved.

AE_Collector

Highlighted

aahh yes...I am learning all the time but it was overwhelming to me.  I have never changed providers or sim cards in 16+ years.  I appreciate the info provided and in future it may come in handy.  However, I didn't even know the questions to ask never mind find an answer to them.  I just feel that a 4-5 day promo for NEW signups is a tough time table when dealing with a truly green newbies signing up to a provider that has no human contact.  I was pretty proud of myself for getting it done so quickly once I had the sim card (other than the hours spent on the phone with Bell as took three attempts to unlock phone) and not knowing phone was locked. It is not the end of the world for sure but just felt the only people that could benefit in that time frame would be those that know the game and can play it well.  Someday, perhaps I will be one of them,....not....I will always need guidance from great people like you  :0)