cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

@dboxtvinfo715 

If you activated on a $25 or higher plan on Friday Dec 13 you will get the second month free automatically. The promo runs from Dec 13 through Dec 16. If you activated on the $15 plan it isn't really worth paying an extra $10 to get just $15 credit back and then have to change plans 30 days later, is it? I know, $5 but doesn't seem worth the hassle to save $5 to me.

<edit> @computergeek541  pointed out my math error, $15 not $5 savings.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

If you activated on a $25 or higher plan on Friday Dec 13 you will get the second month free automatically. The promo runs from Dec 13 through Dec 16. If you activated on the $15 plan it isn't really worth paying an extra $10 to get just $15 credit back and then have to change plans 30 days later, is it? I know, $5 but doesn't seem worth the hassle to save $5 to me.

AE_Collector

Someone who really wants a $15 plan but who activates a $25 for the free account credit would actually being paying $10 more for a $25 credit. Someone would be gaining $15 by doing that, while being able to use the extra features incldued in the $25 plan for the first 30 days.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

can I use my credit balance?

I will activate a third sim tomorrow 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

can I use my credit balance?

I will activate a third sim tomorrow 

No.

Don't forget to give yourself a referral. Don't forget the $2 initial autopay with a payment card. Some have said the mods will transfer funds from one account to another but I've never heard of it during activation.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The most extreme example would be signing up for $50 plan, then getting +$50 credit, then selecting $15 plan (on renewal)... in effect paying $50 to get 4 months of service (plus $5 credit, plus enjoying lots of data/etc on first month)... even without the AutoPay discount. 

Some people might do this - and claim the free gifts, and maybe even score another ten bucks as a referral (then apply it towards yet another month of "free" service). Quite the amazing promo cluster for them! 

But at least they'd be Public Mobile customers for a minimum 4-5 months, lol, that's apparently worth something. And - who knows? - maybe they'd bring in their own referrals and become worthy members of the PM Community while always striving to score some more cheap/free phone service, maybe they'd become invested enough in their Rewards to effectively become loyal PM customers (then get Loyalty Rewards, lol, then upgrade their Plans). Seems like a good long-term gain for PM to me unless competitors do something even more dramatically cheap to bring the mercenaries away. 

Highlighted

add on bonus for free.

1gb

400 min call

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715  @computergeek541 @z10user4 @Korth  OMG!! Promo math....harder than toilet paper math or vodka math but basically works out that the more you lay out up front the bigger benefit you enjoy....a larger data plan to begin with and a longer service before a payment is required and ultimately the same averaged bill per month. Here it is all based on downgrading your plan to the $15 on your second month.....

$25 plan: (1st month) $25 credit+$10 referral+$4(2×$2 a/p)=$39-$15 (2nd month)=$24+$2(a/p)=

$26'-$15 (3rd month)=$11+$2 (a/p)=$13-$15 (4th month)=(-$2) $25+$2=$27+tax for 4 months

$40plan (1st month)=$40+$10+$4=$54-$15 (2nd month)=$39+$2=$41-$15 (3rd month)=$26+$2=

$28-$15 (4th month)=$13+$2=$15-$15 (5th month)=$0 $40+tax for 5 months

$50 plan (1st month) $50+$10+$4=$64-$15 (2nd month)=$49+$2=$51-$15 (3rd month)=$36+$2=

$38-$15 (4th month)=$23+$2=$25-$15 (5th month)=$10+$2=$12-$15 (6th month)= (-$3)   $50+$3=$53+tax for 6 months

$25 plan for 4 months $27 ($6.75p/m) or $53 ($27+$26) for 6 months ($8.83 p/m) 1gb data

$40 plan for 5 months $40 ($8.00p/m) or $53 ($40+$13) for 6 months($8.83 p/m) 5gb data

$50 plan for 6 months $53 ($8.83p/m) 8.5gb data (data amt in 1st month only difference)

Conclusion: The more you pay upfront the longer service before a payment is required and the larger amount of plan data for the 1st month otherwise 6 months of service averages out the same

Highlighted

Are you referring too the 3 month packaging? 

Its still good plan 15 dollars for my parents who receive calls.

for myself the 25 plan maybe needed for the 1gb option, 

Highlighted

....also, I did not get first 10 bonus because I didn't refer anyone and in addon free minutes 400 and data 1gb merry Christmas 

Highlighted

yes, today I will aactivate, 50 plan,where do I start for 50 bonus?