Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

From May 19 - 24 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

56 REPLIES 56

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonderful! Spreading out...

Ok since I just worked this all out for someone interested in activating.... Here is how to stack this offer with CCS to maximize your savings.

@ercole 

This could apply to you if you chose a new phone number upon activation and don't mind giving it up and getting a new phone number or if you have not ported your number in yet. You would want to activate on May 23rd or the 24th at the very latest....the CCS promo expires at 3pm eastern on May 24th. You would have a week or two of service left on your original account/service by the time your activated sim card would arrive via Canada Post ( around June 1st) with 3 weeks of service left on it. 

This is up to you if you want to stack these promos together however it does offer some significant savings. You purchase a "bundle" from CCS that includes a free sim card and up to 50% savings on your first month and then stacked with the free (third) month credit from pm. I have done this with the second month credit so it should work the same way.

The best savings comes from activating with the $50/10.5gb plan. CCS has changed this slightly and charges $60 - $30 ( 50% discount) =$30 + tax ( 5% gst outside of Ontario or 13% tax if you have an Ontario residence)=$31.50/$33.90. You will see an extra $5 credit from CCS in your account after activation. ( Making the price you actually pay $25 + $1.50 or $3.90 in tax= $26.50/$28.90)

Public mobile  will credit your account in the next 60 days $50 +$10 ( referral bonus credit within 72 hours of activation)=$60 +$5 ( from CCS)=$67 in credits. Before your first renewal you schedule a plan change to your preferred plan...lets say the $25 plan.

On your first renewal you will have a $17 credit ( $2 autopay+$5 CCS+$10 referral credit). You will have to pay $8 ($17+$8=$25) for your second month of service ( or if you switch to the $15 plan you won't have to pay and you will still have a $2 credit.) Then sometime before your second renewal (3rd month) pm will credit you $50! Good for 2 more months of service on the $25 plan or 3 months on the $15 plan with a $5 credit remaining and $8 more in autopay rewards coming to you ( $5+$8=$13 credit.) Add $2 for your 6th month of service. So you will get 4 months of service for about $38+tax on the $50 plan + 3 months of the $25 plan or $50 plan + 5 months on the $15 plan for $32+ tax.

The only downside if you can't pick up the bundled sim card in Toronto/ Mississauga is you have to wait 5 business days after activating to recieve your sim card via Canada post. So have CCS  choose a temporary number that you can change after recieving the sim card and finish setting up your self serve account. You can also port your number in at this time if you wish....I do not recommend porting a number in upon activation if your activated sim card is getting shipped out to you.

Be sure to register for autopay when you set up your self serve account CCS cannot do this for you.

After activating ask CCS to delete your emails containing sensitive account info. Once you recieve your sim card and you can set up your self serve account change your password and security question and answer. ( Write all of this down and put it in a safe place for future reference.) Then contact the moderators to change your 4 digit account pin #.(Add this to your password etc... info that you wrote down.)

For extra security if you prefer....after 60 days and you have recieved the 30 day credit on your account you may want to also change your email address as well. If you do so and you want to recieve community rewards if you earn them then be sure to also log into your community profile and change its email to the new one on your self serve account.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/pages/bundle-offers

Please note the CCS offer expires at 3pm eastern on May 24th...don't leave it to the last minute!

@popping 

Luckily @ercole was able to edit it in a timely manner. I'm not sure if the notifications from this thread or the private message I sent got their attention but its all good now. I wouol hate to see them lose their very first post on the community!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@popping 

Good idea....there shouldn't really be anything to hinder giving oracles that option.Thanks for your help....you too @srlawren !

If this happens again, I will try to move the whole post to a location that only PM, moderator and oracles can access.

I think @computergeek541 will do the same if he is around last hour.

@popping 

Good idea....there shouldn't really be anything to hinder giving oracles that option.Thanks for your help....you too @srlawren !

popping

@darlicious @Anonymous @srlawren 

I notified PM on editing tag issue.  Let us hope that the current and retired Oracles can edit tag in the near future.

srlawren

@ercole wrote:

Thank for the heads up about my phone number; I just deleted the tag.

Even better, LOL.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ercole 

Awesome good on ya!

ercole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank for the heads up about my phone number; I just deleted the tag.

@srlawren @popping 

Is the only option is for the moderators to delete the post or can they edit a tag?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought too. I guess it's off to the mods.

srlawren

@popping wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@popping @computergeek541 

Can you edit a tag? For our newest member in this thread? They are no longer online.

It does not let me to edit the tag and only the content of that post.

But I will continue to try.

@popping @darlicious same here.  I can add tags, but not remove existing.  I can click through the tag and see the posts that have it applied, but cannot edit the text of the tag, sadly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@darlicious wrote:

Can you edit a tag? For our newest member in this thread? They are no longer online.

It does not let me to edit the tag and only the content of that post.

But I will continue to try.

@srlawren 

Do you want to give editing a shot? Please and thank you.

@ercole 

Sorry pm does not retroactively apply flash sales....When I signed up missed one by one day! Thems the breaks. Did you use a referral code for the $10 bonus credit? Those can be applied retroactively. Just private message a member if you need one.

@ercole   I am not sure if PM will do, however, its no harm to ask.

Please open a ticket with Mod:

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ercole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated on May 13, 2021, and today I see the "Get one month of service for $0 FLASH SALE; I would be grateful if Public Mobile could apply this to my 6-day-old activation, as It does feel lousy having missed it for just 6 days. Thank you.

@hTideGnow 

Baby steps.....

@darlicious  I don't like said at the bottom, buy new sim receive in 3-10 days.

for someone who is new, no idea, they would really go online and buy from PM.. hope they can catch the SALE in time.   😞

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Great job on getting a confirmation email out to potential customers that they have successfully registered their email for the flash sale. This will prevent a lot of doubt and confusion.

Screenshot_20210519-085140.png

I'll say that from what I've been hearing, people are not liking this 3rd month (30 day plan) stuff.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

The one big plus about this offer is that it's stackable with other in market promotions going on at the same time and it's good for all plans.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Not a bad offer for new customers, but in my opinion, make the 2nd month free would be much better than the 3rd.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Good offer for new customers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

One month free, online and in-store , 60 days wait

Good!!!  I have friends just asking lately.  Perfect timing  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.