Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

From April 21 - 26 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store by May 7 with the same email address.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your second renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 60 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

@AD23 wrote:

Unfortunate that I missed this, would have recommended it to friends.

It won’t be long and there will be another. Just keep watching here on the community. Meanwhile start working on the friends now and then you will have them lined up and ready to go the moment there is another promotion. Some promotions are only for a weekend so it is pretty hard to convince someone to switch carriers that quickly, you need to lay some ground work first!

AE_Collector

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just missed it, for a friend activated yesterday.

AD23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunate that I missed this, would have recommended it to friends.

@softech wrote:

Interesting that PM now credit the account within 60 days and not 30 days any more.

I wonder if they are actually delaying to give out the credit or just giving them some more buffer.   

Maybe too many people just used a month, got the credit for the 2nd month and jump ship?

I have a feeling that it's not really going to tak 60 days. Previously, Public Mobile has stated up to a 30 day or 30 business day wait.  I didn't usually take anywhere close to that amount of time.

I suspect it is just to get some more time to get the credits applied when they have these sales but in reality guess what, now WE get TWO months of “I didn’t get my credit” rather than just ONE month.

AE_Collector

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech 

Maybe... or maybe Public Mobile is just giving themselves more time to add the credit rather than being inundated by customers asking where their credit is?

Interesting that PM now credit the account within 60 days and not 30 days any more.

I wonder if they are actually delaying to give out the credit or just giving them some more buffer.   

Maybe too many people just used a month, got the credit for the 2nd month and jump ship?

ONE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Despite the current concerns and challenges at Canada Post, SIM card arrived today and I'm all activated up! Thanks to the Canada Post workers and Public Mobile team. Keep safe!

Darcyandtrina1

Re: FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

@publicdodo 

You had to register your email its not up to retail staff to do it with the exception of the promotion offered by Canadian Cell Supplies. You can register it now and see if you get a confirmation email and still qualify but there are no guarantees......

publicdodo

I went to a store on april 26 to activate a sim but the staff did not register my email address for this offer. How can I get it now?

@Don_Juan wrote:

I activated my service today before I had a chance to submit my email. 😐

I hope I can still get the promo! 😊

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...unless you've activated your new account by following the promo directions, you're out of luck. You can ask the moderators, but don't be upset if your request is rejected.

Welcome to Public Mobile though.

@Don_Juan 

Submit it now. Did you activate with CCS? If you did then you should be ok.

Don_Juan

I activated my service today before I had a chance to submit my email. 😐

I hope I can still get the promo! 😊

pkara01

Thanks for replying this quick.

I did not see $10 yet. Will wait for another day or two before contacting mods.

Free month in 60 days works as long as I ll get it.

Will enquire about $1 reward for referral. 

@pkara01 

As long as you registered your email according to the promo's instructions and activated your sim card with the same email you will recieve your free month credit sometime in the 60 days after your activation date.

If you entered your friend's referral code during activation you will recieve the $10 credit within 72 hours of activation but usually the next day. Your friend will see the $1 referral code in their rewards section of their account as soon as you activated.

If you did not enter your friends referral code at activation you can contact the moderators afterwards and ask them to add it to your account. 

If you didn't have a referral code you can private message a community member and ask them to be your friend...lol....and ask for their referral code to give to the moderators.

pkara01

I got mine with a referral code from a friend on 23rd apr. 

I get registered for Autopay as well.

Let me know if I need to do anything to get

1. Referral of $10

2. One month free

3. $1 off for the friend's bill. 

@esjliv 

Lol....so it does. I never resllh noticed before. More to the point pm doesn't always include your email in the actual form sent it's usually generic....I almost missed it at the bottom and posted the entire email!

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Yes.....but if you used an email alias you will know exactly what you entered vs just the email address in general.....helps avoid confusion if you use several aliases. Was that me+4@gmail.com or me+5@gmail.com I used? I can't remember?🤔

@darlicious 

I do not have an alias gmail, but i do have one for outlook; maybe they are different.

Doesn't your alias email show the Email in the TO field of the email? 

At least, that is how the alias shows in mine through Outlook.

@esjliv 

Yes.....but if you used an email alias you will know exactly what you entered vs just the email address in general.....helps avoid confusion if you use several aliases. Was that me+4@gmail.com or me+5@gmail.com I used? I can't remember?🤔

@darlicious wrote:

I recieved a confirmation email for this promotion a couple days ago. At the bottom of the email it also confirms the email address it was sent to for anyone wanting to see exactly how they entered their email address.

Screenshot_20210424-150804.pngScreenshot_20210424-150831.png

@darlicious are you referring to what lower or upper case characters that were perhaps entered?

Since you received the email, therefore you know the email was entered to the email you received it to..🤔

I recieved a confirmation email for this promotion a couple days ago. At the bottom of the email it also confirms the email address it was sent to for anyone wanting to see exactly how they entered their email address.

Screenshot_20210424-150804.pngScreenshot_20210424-150831.png

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will let me know...

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

New suggestion. Make the free month flash sale for new activations permanent. 

PM ALWAYS pushes this flash sale out every month, sometimes TWICE a month. 

Just go ahead and make it permanent. 

@TJJohnston 

You signed up too early for this promotion.  Unfortunately, you are out of luck. Poor timing. 

TJJohnston

I just signed up with public on the 17th of April.. didn't receive any promos for signing up. Am I able to message a Mod to get my second month free? Thanks! 

@carlaspapa wrote:

@Yummy @Meow 

I didn't have a promo when I switched in fact I almost was forced into switching but was I ever glad I did afterwards. I immediately started saving $70 a month from my previous provider! And now with my loyalty, auto-pay, my one friend referral and the buck or two I get from the my community reward I'm only paying $9 or $10 each month. So promo smomo the real savings are in the long run with public mobile.

Promos can convince new customers to sign up if they were thinking about it. It's once last thing to convince them.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Yummy @Meow 

I didn't have a promo when I switched in fact I almost was forced into switching but was I ever glad I did afterwards. I immediately started saving $70 a month from my previous provider! And now with my loyalty, auto-pay, my one friend referral and the buck or two I get from the my community reward I'm only paying $9 or $10 each month. So promo smomo the real savings are in the long run with public mobile.

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Quigley 

The BONUS2GB promocode worked for me a couple of weeks ago too!

Oh so many of us have signed up a day or two before a promotion. For a bargain hunter it almost killed me to do so after waiting nearly six weeks for a promotion to finally give up and sign up knowing was at least saving money over my old provider....and I didn't even have a referral code. But do I care now? No it motivated me to take advantage of rewards. Referring friends has saved me $196 in 20 months. All told rewards have saved me over $400 and I have two $0 phone bills each month.....so missing out on a free month promotion by a day is really of no consequence now......

Need Help? Let's chat.