cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: FLASH SALE: Get a 1GB bonus for 6 months when you activate today.

This is a very deceptive title it makes it sound like you only can activate today but it's actually all weekend. It's a little underwhelming of a promo considering so many other retail shops have started their Black Friday sales early Oooooooh.... 1 GB that's really tempting ......not! Come on public mobile you can do better than this!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

They’ll do better... and soon.

In the past these Flash Sales started and were valid on Friday and I assume this one is as well.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

They’ll do better... and soon.

In the past these Flash Sales started and were valid on Friday and I assume this one is as well.

I would say for members not to get their hopes up. Promotion-wise, the promotions for new customers have been pretty terrible for most of the year.  Good plans are much more important than short-term and temporary solutions that encourage customers to leave when the bonuses or discounts expire.

Highlighted

@treefrog 

You're correct in that you don't HAVE to activate today.  You can actually activate up to December 4th, so long as you register for the promotion during THIS weekend.

Highlighted

I'm still unsure about one thing, and have received conflicting responses on it...

Registering for this promo matches the e-mail address upon activation (i.e. it's automatic when signing up IF using the same e-mail used for the promo).   It's the same as the routine FLASH SALES promo of 2nd month free.

The 'other' kind of new activation promo is one which uses a promo code - it requires the user to enter the promo code during the activation that was e-mailed to them when they registered for the promo.

So here's the questions: (relating to over-lapping activation promos of all kinds)

I signed up for the most current FLASH SALE of 6 months extra 1GB.  I can activate a new plan until December 4 to get this.    IF next week a Black Friday promo is released (be it thru FLASH SALE or Promo code), and I prefer THAT one vs the current one, which one will PM use on activation?   Will the oldest one signed up for automatically drop off?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

You've already answered your own question. The signups involve different mechanisms so they will produce different results.

Highlighted

Hi @Korth 

I understand I would only be able to enter one promo code as they're not stackable.

The question is, would an automatic e-mail promotion on activation be able to combine with one which requires the user to manually enter a promo code to be entered upon activation.

Yes, they are 2 different mechanisms - but are they still considered "stackable" when using 2 different mechanisms.   

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

You're basically hoping to double up the bonus data and get the free long-distance add-on. You can try but I think it's doubtul PM would stack or "combine" them (especially since they're obviously intended to target different market audiences). I think it's even doubtful you'll get a direct and public answer from them in these forums, since it would effectively be declaring a "new" and better offer to the world. If they were prepared to give away 12GB they'd certainly have said so in their marketing.

Highlighted

Hi @Korth ,  not what I'm trying to do.

Really, I'm just asking the question of what happens when 2 (or more) promos are in place with a registered e-mail address.  I wouldn't expect they would combine them (that would be wishful thinking)   i'm just hoping they would apply the latest one registered (as opposed to the first one).

With the hopeful upcoming Black Friday deals, I'm just thinking out loud...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Korth ,  not what I'm trying to do.

Really, I'm just asking the question of what happens when 2 (or more) promos are in place with a registered e-mail address.  I wouldn't expect they would combine them (that would be wishful thinking)   i'm just hoping they would apply the latest one registered (as opposed to the first one).

With the hopeful upcoming Black Friday deals, I'm just thinking out loud...

I don't recall seeing that the non-LD promo uses a promo code. I gotta think that the moment a code is entered that THAT'S the promo being triggered.

But odd things happen around here. Give it a whirl and see what happens 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.