cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get a 1GB bonus for 6 months when you activate today.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Friday, November 13, 2020, until November 16, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up for a 1GB bonus for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $23, $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before November 16, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation.
  4. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

62 REPLIES 62

@hTideGnow 

Go back to walmart and see if they were matching the london drugs offer?

Screenshot_20201124-010621~2.png

@hTideGnow wrote:

i signed up via Walmart kiosk.. i guess that didn't count?

This was an offer for online activation.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Contact a moderator and ask them. You have nothing to lose.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nitesh wrote:

My sim is already activated by the sales person.

If you activated already you will have to contact a moderator. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Nitesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sim is already activated by the sales person.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nitesh wrote:

Hi is there any similar offer for new customer i got the sim yesterday 22-Nov. How i can get the same

Thanks

Nitesh

If you activated already you will have to contact a moderator. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nitesh wrote:

Hi is there any similar offer for new customer i got the sim yesterday 22-Nov. How i can get the same

Thanks

Nitesh

@Nitesh 

Just so we're clear on wording...having a SIM and having an activated SIM are two different things. Did you activate an account at that kiosk? Or did you just buy a SIM?

Nitesh

Thanks

Nitesh

@joelcarter85 

If you didnt recieve your 1gb bonus on Friday I would expect it on Monday however given the difference in time between when one could activate is two weeks its possible that you will recieve it at 30 days upon renewal so you would have the entire next 30 days to use it rather than only 17 or 20 days.

@Anonymous @AE_Collector 

The diwali promo gave an initial confirmation followed by an email confirmation 10 minutes later including a promocode that may or may not be unique.

Screenshot_20201027-221834.png

Followed by this one.....from a unique email address.

Screenshot_20201027-225843.png

The pm initial confirmation......

I dont have a copy of....

As per the pm pattern this flash sale did not send out an email confirmation which means the next flash sale should send one out. Always keeping us on our toes......pm that is.....

joelcarter85

I did, yes.  I'll just wait to see if it shows up now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joelcarter85 wrote:

Awesome! I did get a message after hitting submit.  Thanks for your help!

You probably got it before. Hopefully you used the same email address before to what you activated with.

joelcarter85

Awesome! I did get a message after hitting submit.  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joelcarter85 wrote:

I see that it says the data can take up to 30 days to appear, but it also says I was supposed to receive a confirmation.  Hopefully it shows up before the 30 days is up. 

@joelcarter85 : The wording's a little vague. It says confirmation "message". Not email specifically. You ought to have received a web page back showing that it got your submission. Then if you used that same email address when you activated then you should be good.

(providing you abided by all the rules)

@joelcarter85 wrote:

I see that it says the data can take up to 30 days to appear, but it also says I was supposed to receive a confirmation.  Hopefully it shows up before the 30 days is up. 

If your bonus data does not show up within 30 days contact a moderator:

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

joelcarter85

joelcarter85

I submitted my email for this promo, but never received a confirmation. I tried multiple times over two days.  I've since activated a Public account, and, I guess I just don't get the 1GB of bonus data now.  Anyone know what went wrong, or if I can fix it?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, such a good deal!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Is the Diwali deal promo code just a standard code, the same for everyone... not a customized code per person after applying? Seems the logical way to handle this, entering the Diwali Promo code gives you that deal instead of the Flash Sale deal.

Diwali

Is the Diwali deal promo code just a standard code, the same for everyone... not a customized code per person after applying? Seems the logical way to handle this, entering the Diwali Promo code gives you that deal instead of the Flash Sale deal.

@AE_Collector    Yes, the Diwali deal provided a promo code to manually enter.   The FLASH SALES like 2nd month free and the 1GBx6mo do not.  I've asked the mod's how/what gets applied if multiple are registered, so we'll see what they say.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

darlicious posted the whole conversation with the system. It came back with the promo code. I don't remember whether there's a code for the "standard" promo. I don't think so.

@Anonymous 

That has been my take on it as well. I assume the email addresses are registered at the same place at PM, so you get the Flash Sale unless you enter the Promo Code for the Diwali Deal. What I dont know is where the Promo Code comes from.... (too lazy to go back and look), is it included in the advertisement for the Diwali Deal? I assume so.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Korth ,  not what I'm trying to do.

Really, I'm just asking the question of what happens when 2 (or more) promos are in place with a registered e-mail address.  I wouldn't expect they would combine them (that would be wishful thinking)   i'm just hoping they would apply the latest one registered (as opposed to the first one).

With the hopeful upcoming Black Friday deals, I'm just thinking out loud...

I don't recall seeing that the non-LD promo uses a promo code. I gotta think that the moment a code is entered that THAT'S the promo being triggered.

But odd things happen around here. Give it a whirl and see what happens 🙂

Hi @Korth ,  not what I'm trying to do.

Really, I'm just asking the question of what happens when 2 (or more) promos are in place with a registered e-mail address.  I wouldn't expect they would combine them (that would be wishful thinking)   i'm just hoping they would apply the latest one registered (as opposed to the first one).

With the hopeful upcoming Black Friday deals, I'm just thinking out loud...

@HALIMACS 

You're basically hoping to double up the bonus data and get the free long-distance add-on. You can try but I think it's doubtul PM would stack or "combine" them (especially since they're obviously intended to target different market audiences). I think it's even doubtful you'll get a direct and public answer from them in these forums, since it would effectively be declaring a "new" and better offer to the world. If they were prepared to give away 12GB they'd certainly have said so in their marketing.

Hi @Korth 

I understand I would only be able to enter one promo code as they're not stackable.

The question is, would an automatic e-mail promotion on activation be able to combine with one which requires the user to manually enter a promo code to be entered upon activation.

Yes, they are 2 different mechanisms - but are they still considered "stackable" when using 2 different mechanisms.   

@HALIMACS 

You've already answered your own question. The signups involve different mechanisms so they will produce different results.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm still unsure about one thing, and have received conflicting responses on it...

Registering for this promo matches the e-mail address upon activation (i.e. it's automatic when signing up IF using the same e-mail used for the promo).   It's the same as the routine FLASH SALES promo of 2nd month free.

The 'other' kind of new activation promo is one which uses a promo code - it requires the user to enter the promo code during the activation that was e-mailed to them when they registered for the promo.

So here's the questions: (relating to over-lapping activation promos of all kinds)

I signed up for the most current FLASH SALE of 6 months extra 1GB.  I can activate a new plan until December 4 to get this.    IF next week a Black Friday promo is released (be it thru FLASH SALE or Promo code), and I prefer THAT one vs the current one, which one will PM use on activation?   Will the oldest one signed up for automatically drop off?

@treefrog 

You're correct in that you don't HAVE to activate today.  You can actually activate up to December 4th, so long as you register for the promotion during THIS weekend.

Need Help? Let's chat.