cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get a 1GB bonus for 6 months when you activate today.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Friday, November 13, 2020, until November 16, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up for a 1GB bonus for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $23, $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before November 16, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation.
  4. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

62 REPLIES 62

@AE_Collector wrote:

They’ll do better... and soon.

In the past these Flash Sales started and were valid on Friday and I assume this one is as well.

I would say for members not to get their hopes up. Promotion-wise, the promotions for new customers have been pretty terrible for most of the year.  Good plans are much more important than short-term and temporary solutions that encourage customers to leave when the bonuses or discounts expire.

They’ll do better... and soon.

In the past these Flash Sales started and were valid on Friday and I assume this one is as well.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is a very deceptive title it makes it sound like you only can activate today but it's actually all weekend. It's a little underwhelming of a promo considering so many other retail shops have started their Black Friday sales early Oooooooh.... 1 GB that's really tempting ......not! Come on public mobile you can do better than this!

Lately there have been Flash Sales every weekend OR every other weekend. Don’t forget to do your homework checking around the web site to see what promotions have come around recently and how frequently before signing up for a new account.

AE_Collector

@RosieR 

This will be a waste of time both for the moderators and @williamtiger . He will have a better chance at registering for the diwali deal and asking them to add the promocode.

@williamtiger  register here and ask nicely for the moderators to add the promocode recieved in your email confirmation after registration. Its too bad you "forgot" to add it during activation?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/SWEETDEALS

Edit: Dont activate on a thursday......and wake up friday to a flash sale! This has happened to countless users including myself!!!

@williamtiger wrote:

I just activated yesterday, can I also get the bonus data?

please.

Hi @williamtiger oh dear, you activated before this flash sale.  But submit your email anyway and then contact the moderators to see if they could fix this for you.  I hope they could/would.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Good luck and Welcome to Public Mobile!

EDITED:  according to @darlicious (see her post below) this is a waste of time. sorry but don't bother submitting your email

@Korth wrote:

Agreed, the Diwali offer is better. Assuming, of course, that you might use the free India/Pakistan long-distance minutes.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/SWEETDEALS

Even if a new customer isn't going to use the long distance minutes, why have two simultaneous promotions both of which offer the bonus data?  Then, if the promotion details are examined, we'll see that the promotion in the link that you provided above started long ago (and the e-mail registration for it also ends later than this new promotion). This "new" promotion adds nothing new that wasn't already available.  To me, this adds confusion for new customers and points to a lack of clear direction as to where Public is heading plan and promotion-wise. I'm really at a loss as to the purpose of this new promotion that has 6x1GB but doesn't have the long distance minutes.

I find it frustrating that sometimes going to the PM website home page sometimes announces a promotion that is running and sometimes there is nothing there about it. Just like on the Announcements page here on the community. We have a Flash Sale announcement today but dont always get notified here. I don't believe there was a Diwali Sale announcement there but if there was, it isnt there now yet that promo is still running. There doesn’t seem to be anywhere to look for current promotions. Maybe it is on purpose (?) as sometimes they are for certain provinces only. 

AE_Collector

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm confused . . .

1.  Quebec $23 plan, is -$2 auto-pay discount included?

2.  " . . .  Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation. . . . "

a.  no 1GB for 1st month?

b.  does data roll-over? (in the form of add-ons)

Thanks in advance!

@tonygo7 wrote:

I’m out of luck I sign up in the morning didn’t know of this promotion 

I would submit your email address anyway, then contact a moderator to see if you qualify for the promo.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

tonygo7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m out of luck I sign up in the morning didn’t know of this promotion 

Okay thanks everyone...it is the “other” promo that I already knew about. Exactly 750 minutes of calling to India better than the Weekend Flash Sale. If someone were to get this with no likelihood of ever using 1 minute of calling to India maybe the best they could hope for would be another reorg of the Long Distance plans that could see this turned into a more generic calling package. 

I was envisioning (hoping for) a Flash Sale with a Referral Promo fora change this weekend, sort of an introduction to possible Black Friday deals. 

AE_Collector

williamtiger

I just activated yesterday, can I also get the bonus data?

please.

tonygo7

In what plan ?

@AE_Collector 

Or start typing diwali in the search bar and my thread from a couple weeks ago comes up......

@AE_Collector 

To find the current "Sweet Deals", just search Public Mobile, select location, then add the phrase, 

sweetdeals

after the URL.     It looks like this if from Ontario:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/sweetdeals

Agreed, the Diwali offer is better. Assuming, of course, that you might use the free India/Pakistan long-distance minutes.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/SWEETDEALS

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

I have the biggest problem actually finding current promos. What is Sweetdeal promotion and where can I find more about it.

AE_Collector

You can view details at the site pointed to in my previous message. It offers the same 6x1GB but also includes 750 long distance minutes to call India. The Sweatdeals offer was also already running long before this Flash Sale.

@computergeek541 

I have the biggest problem actually finding current promos. What is Sweetdeal promotion and where can I find more about it. What I cab find looks like it is just the Diwali Deal so yes, same as the weekend flash sale PLUS the 750 minutes of calling to India Only, right?

AE_Collector

@mimmo wrote:

Not as good as the previous $ off deals, for some this might encourage them to leave their existing providers.  But I believe these promos should last a year that way loyalty rewards kick in.   

It would be curious to see how many people join for the bonus data then leave once promo ends... To keep customers pm needs to offer better long term plans / pricing than competitors else people will just bounce back and forth.  

Some customers will certainly leave after 6 months when not as much data is included. However, I don't think it will be nearly as bad as monetary 6 renewal discounts. My experiences from February when a $10 discount was offered for a set amount of time, almost most leave after the 6 months or shortly after.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think there are just two possible promos at the moment?

This weekend flash sale offering 1 Gb data bonus for the first 6 months on plans of $25 or more.

The Dhawali Deal offering 1 Gb data bonus for the first 6 months PLUS a 750 minute India Calling add-on on plans of $25 or more.

I am confused. Public Mobile has today announced a "new" promotion that is worse than a promotion that is still running and has been since October 26. I realize that long distance minutes might not get used up by everyone, but publicmobile.ca/sweetdeals is offering more than what's being offerin in this annoucement.

I think there are just two possible promos at the moment?

This weekend flash sale offering 1 Gb data bonus for the first 6 months on plans of $25 or more.

The Dhawali Deal offering 1 Gb data bonus for the first 6 months PLUS a 750 minute India Calling add-on on plans of $25 or more.

Both of these require that you submit your email address first and then activate a new plan using that email address. The way you get the Dhawali deal rather than weekend flash sale is by adding a Promo Code when you activate.

I think I have this correct, am coaching someone through activating likely this weekend.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Yah, that info would be good to have as well.   

Truth be told, I'm hesitant to sign up for more than one promo at a time when "waiting" to activate a new plan in our family.  I'm never 100% sure which promo will apply (default) and which one(s) will drop off. 

From what I can see, they are rarely stackable but yet they do overlap eligibility periods sometimes.

@HALIMACS 

That did work though it is all quite generic info. I was expecting the usual “Changes to your plan during the promo period will result in loss of the remaining monthly 1Gb / month of Promo data etc. But no sign of it.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  yup, that's a glitch, but not just because of your iPad.

It also says nothing on my laptop when trying to open it too, except "conditions apply"

Try clicking "Learn More", then go down to the bottom and then click the Terms and Conditions.   Now it will populate with lots of info.

Looking for the fine print I see this arrow to click on to see the Terms and Conditions. Clicking on it reveals that .... “Conditions Apply”. Good t ok now but.... (what are they). Is it an iPad glitch preventing me from learning more?

AE_Collector

981DBC64-FE3A-45D2-A3DE-9263C876827E.jpeg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a good promo for new customers ahead of  any promos that may or may not be offered for Black Friday.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector "Would seem like a good strategy to me and isn't really a loss"

Think you forgot the price of data add-on if any should need it? PM loss could be as much as $90. 🤪

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kselmak "One good thing about this one is that it o like nice warmup for black Friday season."

🤣

I understand not including the $15 plan but in reality... giving someone 1.25 Gb of data rather than just .25 Gb for 6 months quite possibly turns them into a $25 plan customer after the 6 months are up. Would seem like a good strategy to me and isn't really a loss to PM, 1 Gb x 6 months = 6 Gb of free data no matter how you do the math.

JMHO ... AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.