cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From September 29 to 30 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 29, 2018 until September 30, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from September 29 to September 30, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

60 REPLIES 60

@pamelerr wrote:

I signed up because of this flash sale and still have not received my 30 days free service. Where is my reward @CS_Agent?

If you just signed up you won't see the credit right away.  It will appear in your account within 72 hours.  If it didn't show after that amount of time it is then that you contact the mods

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pamelerr

Probably more efficient to private message the moderator your issues with service credit.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Expect 2-3 days wait though....

pamelerr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

pamelerr

I signed up because of this flash sale and still have not received my 30 days free service. Where is my reward @CS_Agent?

Public2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

already sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Public2023, I would give it another day, and if still nothing, send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to look into it.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Public2023

So it's been over 72 hours since I activated at walmart (see my previous post) and still no credit on my account.

CollColl

I went into the Mobile Shop Saturday but the young man was super busy with customers and gave me the SIM card for Public Mobile FOR FREE and told me I  could activate myself. So I did that but missed out on the one month free as a result. He said I could call him later and he would see what he could do but when I called him he had no way of giving me my one month for free. Even so? This seems like an amazing plan compared to

others. I will be saving at least $740 a year and be able to save up for a new phone to purchase outright on my own. 

@Kamloops19

That is poor customer service.  I would suggest private message a moderator and explain your situation.  If there is some goodwill, then the moderator may be able to give you the credit.  No guarantee, but worth a try.....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

DinoSour

If you get this deal from London drugs make sure you received your $10 gift card as well

@candee1970

If you did your activation in store, you should have gotten the SIM card for free.  Some of the store reps are unaware of these flash promos.  

You could try to submit a copy of receipt to the moderators to see whether they can help you get a credit.  

send a private message through the following link :

candee1970

I did this deal today but got charged for my sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kamloops19 wrote:

Went to London Drugs to take advantage of this deal.  The CSR did not want to take the time to register the plan.  Sold us a SIM for $10.50 and sent us home to do sign up.  I asked again about the promo and he said he was not "logged in".  Clearly he did not want to take the time to do it.  Hopefully the promo can be credited to the account I just signed up for.

That sucks. Did you try to escalate to a manager or anything? Man. The promo is right there! $0 sim - free 2nd month. Crap.

And I would refer to that store as my local store 🙂 (assuming location from your username 🙂 )

Kamloops19

Went to London Drugs to take advantage of this deal.  The CSR did not want to take the time to register the plan.  Sold us a SIM for $10.50 and sent us home to do sign up.  I asked again about the promo and he said he was not "logged in".  Clearly he did not want to take the time to do it.  Hopefully the promo can be credited to the account I just signed up for.

@katiatall wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line? I ask because my local Walmart's staff even though are nice people are totally ignorant of these promotions. The way I activated my present account is by taking over from the Walmart expert and doing it for her.

Can't expect them to focus only and keep up to date with  all the PM flash sales and promotions. Since PM is a budget offshoot of Telus - it would be easier to be able to get these deals directly fro Telus retailers.

Just an FYI: PM promos are only announced here on the forum.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Cjade

Awesome deal just signed up!

London82

I want this deal.  Online portal for Telus Partners has been down since 330 this afternoon.   Walmart and WOW have both been unable to activate a plan for me.

jessicca

yes great deal

jessicca

Asking Public is the best option

DianneFowler

I am SO ANGRY! I am standing here in Walmart in Sarnia, ON and I want to sign up for a $45 plan right now and the Public Mobile activation portal, has populated Telus partners is currently unavailable on both Chrome and Firefox.  I need help or extend this deal for me until this gets fixed.

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ha Ha. ... are you perhaps in the rural area of Cobourg? When I activated my so called free Sim and 30 day plan - I had to buy a PM card for $22.60 because as I was told that is the minimum PM prepaid card available and use it to pay for my FREE ????  Sim card and then paid an additional $11.30 for my so called free montly $10 plan.  On the positive side at least PM  reception works good and the add ons are a bargain and as a bonus I also received a mystery $25 credit.

@MacD wrote:

Sadly, I attemtped to take advantage of this deal today, but live in a rural area and my local Walmart store doesn't carry Public Mobile SIM cards... any chance someone living in a rural area who cannot activate in store (because there are NO stores here...) can take advantage of one of these sales?

katiatall

@Luddite wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line?

Sometimes.

When?

katiatall

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line? I ask because my local Walmart's staff even though are nice people are totally ignorant of these promotions. The way I activated my present account is by taking over from the Walmart expert and doing it for her.

Can't expect them to focus only and keep up to date with  all the PM flash sales and promotions. Since PM is a budget offshoot of Telus - it would be easier to be able to get these deals directly fro Telus retailers.

@MacD @yiatioxi-ok

That is unfortunate to be unable to get one of these in store promotions because you live in a rural area.  

The recent online only promotion was the $25 friend referral for both parties.  Usually friend referral offers $10 for the new customer and ongoing $1 per month for referer.  Sometimes Public mobile will offer for online activations only  $25 for both parties.  You can wait for this promotion in the future.  Instead of $10 for referral, get $25.  

@kstins2 wrote:

that sucks i just singed up for 2 accounts wendesday and thursday and paid full price and still waiting for my number to port over 😞

Too true! Robot Mad

Whenever one wishes to change providers it's best to NEVER PORT-IN DURING ACTIVATION https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

@MacD wrote:

Sadly, I attemtped to take advantage of this deal today, but live in a rural area and my local Walmart store doesn't carry Public Mobile SIM cards... any chance someone living in a rural area who cannot activate in store (because there are NO stores here...) can take advantage of one of these sales?

Nope. Robot Sad

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line?

Sometimes.

yiatioxi-ok

MacD

Public2023

I certainly hope so. This guy took over an hour to fill out the online form!

I'm mainly worried that he signed me up with one phone number that maybe got the credit and then signed me up with another phone number that may not have gotten the credit because I was no longer a 'new' user.

lol, I really liked that first number too!

Need Help? Let's chat.