cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From September 15 to 16 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 15, 2018 until September 16, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from September 15 to September 16, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

76 REPLIES 76

@MadMardigan, such a pessimistic look at it.  Think of spending a lovely day with your wife, and the fact that you can refer some friends with your two SIMs, or hold them as backups Incase you need them.

I just ordered, and received two SIMs, but I’m thinking of walking 75 minutes to get to Walmart to get this deal to activate a test plan to see if I really want to switch off my current plan, to a throttled LTE 30 day plan.

Sure I’ve spent $20 + local taxes on the sims, but they’re future referrals when a smoking good deal comes along for new online activations.

Make life about enjoying the opportunities, instead of seeing only the down sides.

MadMardigan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is all well and good except ...

i am not with PM yet as I ordered online and haven’t received the sim’s yet.

Walmart is 1.25 hours away and London drugs is 45 minutes away 😢

So ... burn $30 in gas and have to buy lunch for my wife so I can save $80.

I would also have 2 extra sim’s that look pretty.

🤣

@Anonymous, if you want to get this, port to another provider, then rejoin at Walmart or London Drugs or One of the other partners.

Nothing stopping you, other than it’s like doing the triple jump instead of the long jump at a track meet.

If your current plan is now appearing cheaper on the promos or in-market plan builder, future date a plan change.  There’s nothing stopping you from getting the better deal.  If it’s available, schedule a plan change.  Lock it it in, set it up, forget it.

GTB86

Wow this is such good value!

I might have to get another line lol. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEST wrote:

Would this work with the $10 plan?

Yes. Seems maybe a waste but yes.

BEST

Would this work with the $10 plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrMonk wrote:

Good deal! But what about those of us who are already signed up? Should run a free 1/2/5gb (PM’s choice) data for a month free for those who have current 30 day plans... I know I would welcome this!

This I agree with. I started here in May. Next thing I see are promo's popping up. Hey what about me!? I just got here! I think there should be like a 30 day price protection for fresh customers for you to switch plans if you would otherwise have preferred a new plan. The promos at the time were just for new customers. That sucked. PM did a nice goodwill for me though so that was nice. They obviously had no obligation to but it was nice.

MrMonk

Good deal! But what about those of us who are already signed up? Should run a free 1/2/5gb (PM’s choice) data for a month free for those who have current 30 day plans... I know I would welcome this!

Moederk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!  Should be able to find a walmart or wow.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moederk wrote:

Hi. Was just wondering if there is a list of stores by location?  I am in Quebec City and looking to head in somewhere over the weekend.

Thanks very much.
Nat.

Walmart. Wow Mobile. London Drugs (out west doesn't help you).

Moederk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Was just wondering if there is a list of stores by location?  I am in Quebec City and looking to head in somewhere over the weekend.

Thanks very much.
Nat.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great for more subscribers for the next Koodo migration.

MadMardigan

Bummer

I just ordered 2 SIM’s this morning!

😢

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Awesome deal, except for the "instore activvation part". Never the less will worth any problems that may arise.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep the promos coming!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

FYI, this flash sale is available at all partnered retail stores. 

Need Help? Let's chat.