cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From October 27 to 28 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective October 27, 2018 until October 28, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from October 27 to October 28, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

49 REPLIES 49

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dmbcanada try contacting Samsung directly.  There have been a couple instances this week where that solved the problem.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So signed up my family and I this afternoon, all went smoothly except my phone ended up being locked due to an issue with "unlocked"  Samsung phones from Costco becoming locked after using one carrier.    So I messed up my phone and now have to wait to get a Network sim PUK code from MODS.  Person in store was clueless and so was the PM person he called from store, thank goodness for this forum.  Hopefully this is resolved quickly by the MODS.

@dmbcanada wrote:

Went today to The Mobile Shop(Loblaws) in London, ON across from Masonville Mall and the store clerk was aware of the free sim card but he did not see any free second month.   Is this just automatically applied if activated in store or do they have to enter some promo code.   Didn't sign up will try another location.

The 30 days free will be applied toy your account after activation.

I wouldn't worry if the instore clerk isn't aware of it. As long as you sign up instore and get the free sim then you can always request the 30 days free later if it is not automatically applied to your account.

dmbcanada

Went today to The Mobile Shop(Loblaws) in London, ON across from Masonville Mall and the store clerk was aware of the free sim card but he did not see any free second month.   Is this just automatically applied if activated in store or do they have to enter some promo code.   Didn't sign up will try another location.

TK123

public mobile.pngGreat cell phone plan $50, no set up fees and free SIM card available TODAY and TOMORROW only . Just be aware that to get the "next 30 days free" (after 30 days), you must sign up for a 30 day plan. There is no "next 30 days free" deal for a 90 day plan. Public Mobile is owned by Telus so you get nationwide coverage wherever you would get Telus - Telus is one of the big three so coverage is not an issue (Stay away from Freedom Mobile). I get $1 off per month if you use my number as a referrer (604) 694-2501 and I think you get a $10 credit to your account. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/…/FL…/m-p/290475

I recommend going to London Drugs if you live in Western Canada. The one at Robson and Bute is the one I used and recommend - 1187 Robson street, Vancouver.

I signed up last weekend for the same deal.There are a few drawbacks that you should be aware of

1) It is 30 days NOT a month

2) It is a pre-pay service so you have to pay ahead and ensure there is enough in your account at renewal date or set up autopay via a credit card - you can and should do that - you'll save $2 a month if you do that.

3) There is no live support - all questions are handled online ONLY.

4) To get all that data, 8GB per 30 days, you get only 3G speeds. 3G is still plenty fast - you can watch 1080p video with 3G. If you really need LTE, you can select that option, but it will cost more - absolutely unnecessary for me.

5) The ONLY potential problem, as far as I can see, is when you change your service initially to Public Mobile when you go in the store, e.g. London Drugs. You have to be on the ball for this. Although not required, I recommend printing your bill from your current provider with your account number and address on it and bringing it with you to the store. They are going to give you a new SIM card and port your old number to that SIM card so you can keep the same number. Your time in the store is about 15 minutes - sign some stuff and set up payment etc. but it takes about 30 to 60 minutes to "port" your number to Public Mobile and to your new SIM card (you don't have to wait around for this at the store). That process should go smooth but if it doesn't, go back to the store. Don't deal with it online. At London Drugs, they have a direct line to Telus (Public Mobile) to fix porting issues and activation issues. I call it the "bat phone", but it's ONLY for porting and activation issues. Ask them at the store if they have a "bat phone". If they don't have a "bat phone" go to another store that does.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

Seem like every weekend there is a flash sale. Why not just make it perminant 🙂

Then iPM is not attractive to compete with other providers

TK123

This is a very good deal.  I signed up for the first time last weekend under the same deal.  Just be aware that to get the "next 30 days free", you must sign up for a 30 day plan.  There is no "next 30 days free" deal for a 90 day plan.  I made that mistake last weekend.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LisaPrincess wrote:

good evening i was apart of the flash sale in Sept 15 and 16. i came into the wow store on the 15th and activated a 30 day plan i did not recieve my next 30 days free. i called the store that i went to and talked to them a few times and then they told me to come here for help. what do i do about getting my free 30 days.

@LisaPrincess:

What does your Available Funds say?

So 10 days ago now, did you pay from a credit card or other method?

Or did it somehow renew?

If you look back at your payment history you should see the plan amount in there. It simply goes into your account. Then the renewal draws from there first.

It looks like she went in back in September so the credit should have been applied no later than Sept 18.  I am think that she is here now because she had to pay for her second month and when the charged showed up on her credit card that is when she went back to WOW and now they have told her to come here.

@LisaPrincess, hopefully you have sent a private message to the moderators and hopefully they will get back to you with your credit for a free month before your next renewal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@LisaPrincess  if you are sure you  were eligable for the promo, and no credit was received withing 72 hours,  then you need to contact the mods with the details of your activation (date location etc...)  details on contacting mods is below. reply time is 72+ hours.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LisaPrincess wrote:

good evening i was apart of the flash sale in Sept 15 and 16. i came into the wow store on the 15th and activated a 30 day plan i did not recieve my next 30 days free. i called the store that i went to and talked to them a few times and then they told me to come here for help. what do i do about getting my free 30 days.

@LisaPrincess:

What does your Available Funds say?

So 10 days ago now, did you pay from a credit card or other method?

Or did it somehow renew?

If you look back at your payment history you should see the plan amount in there. It simply goes into your account. Then the renewal draws from there first.

LisaPrincess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm curious if the retailers get reimbursed for the sim cards or if they pay nothing for them. I ask because it can get kind of sketchy when Public Mobile puts these sales up and then the retailer gets the blunt of the bill.

Either way, this promo is good for the consumer. Could we see the $25 both ways for referral make a return?

Murco

If i buy something at a store and the price goes down you can

go to the store and most often get credit the price difference. If its only been a few days. I am not sure where you shop.

mimmo

Not sure why you have a sour taste.  I am sure you are saving some money already by switching else you would not have switched.  Do you have the same feeling when you buy something from the grocery store, eat it, and then find out, 3 days later, the same things is on the next week sale. Yes it sucks, but  no one knows when the promos happen nor what they will be.

Murco

What frustrates me is i just signed up 2 phones this Wed, and get nothing for it.

Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

popping

@RobertQc wrote:

Existing customers waiting upwards of 6 days for moderator team response on account issues / no phone service. Why spend our limited resources to find new customers? Doesn't it make more sense to try and keep the ones we already have?

I sent a private message 2 days ago and got the moderator response 30 minutes ago.  It is back to recent norm.  It is still long way to go to get back to a few hours response time enjoyed couple of years ago.

sbreakin

I wonder if it's more frequent as there are potential delays due to the Canada Post strike. 

I'm happy to see any deals to entice folks to try out the service at low entry cost & hopefully my friends too (as would coordinate referral). 

Delays & learning curve, if there are issues or questions when joining, can be frustrating but one would hope that most new customers are set up at stores correctly. 

In our own case 2 years ago during that crazy fall special - we had one new account & phone port went really well & been great since.  The other (mine) got messed up when the porting form crashed & didn't notice that the auto-fill had changed the number... All corrected in the end but there was some delay. 

Existing customers waiting upwards of 6 days for moderator team response on account issues / no phone service. Why spend our limited resources to find new customers? Doesn't it make more sense to try and keep the ones we already have?

mimmo

Seem like every weekend there is a flash sale. Why not just make it perminant 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.