cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@stevenm5 wrote:

Just a quick question. On Friday night October 19th I spent about an hour to an hour and a half in Walmart setting up a new account with public mobile, only to find out about the sale the next day. Is there any way for me now to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks, 

stevenm5

Yeah that sucks for timing. And really, Walmart would have known about the promo. Sucks x 2. My case wasn't quite so immediate but the mods did offer me a little somethin' somethin' to make up for my not using a promo. They had no obligation to but it was nice "goodwill".

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Just hurried down to the Walmart Superstore to sign up for the flash sale, filled out all my information like my Wifes referal number and selected the auto pay option, after putting in my credit card info and paying $40 I'm then asked to pay for the sim ?????  Not.

Then I'm told that Walmart is not a "participating" store and I don't get the 30 days free either, have I misread the offer?

The store manager has promised to look into it.

Has anyone else ever run into this?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you purchased the SIM as you said, you didnt get This promotion. This is FREE SIM promotion. 

did not buy it, out $40, no refund.

Mayor / Maire

@Riverman wrote:

did not buy it, out $40, no refund.

Dang that sucks. Dang corporations. Uh yeah no we're not participating. AFTER they take your money. That participating retailers crap is just that. Crap.

Dang.

Did they activate the SIM? I don't know the in-store process.

Edit: I wonder if it *was* activated with the SIM that you suck it up and pay it anyway and then whether you would get the account credit. Reading the fine print of the promo might suggest that it's just the free SIM that is for participating retailers. I don't know.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If clearly stated participating stores... This happened to me with anither company. I always cal and ask again in store before puttin $ Sorryr to hear especially in this case where all u needed to do was Google and call all places before and get Monty + SIM like me. Its the past now ans its clearly not publicmobile fault here because "participating" is clearly stated and not only in fine print. Smiley Sad

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yahoo free sim card. Referred many people to Pm

Saw this promotion just now and I got my SIM card early today...but, why they charged me 10$ for it? Should I go back to retailer to get money back?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Julia1052 wrote:

Saw this promotion just now and I got my SIM card early today...but, why they charged me 10$ for it? Should I go back to retailer to get money back?

Did you activate your plan in-store OR just purchased a PM SIM card?

This promo is for in-store activation only.  No free SIM card for purchasing SIM card only.

Mayor / Maire

@Julia1052what store was it?  i would call the store rather than go back.  i think the easiest would be to messge the mods with the receipt for the sim card charge and see if they will simply credit you the sim charge.