cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 22, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 20, 2018 until October 21, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from October 20 to October 21, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

71 REPLIES 71

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If this is the case the moderators will need to investigate.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Flems
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all!

I signed up/activated in at London Drugs in Courtenay, BC on Oct. 20th during the flash sale and never received my credit for the second month. I was just billed as of today. How can I have the free 30-day credit as advertised applied to my plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allymorgan1 wrote:

In store at a Walmart

If you don't see at least the plan cost in your Available Funds then you'll need to take this up with the mods. You should have received it by now. Did you pay for the SIM? Some stores can choose not to "participate". But either way you should get that plan cost credit.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Allymorgan1

In store at a Walmart

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allymorgan1 wrote:

Hi.

I never received the credit on my account after activating a plan.

What can I do?

Did you go into a store and do the whole process there on that specific weekend?

Or did you buy a SIM and activate it at home?

Allymorgan1

Hi.

I never received the credit on my account after activating a plan.

What can I do?

barrywelsh20

Thank you. It's been a week now, so I guess we'll send a message

Souky123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Within 72hrs you should see it on your account

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@barrywelsh20  it takes up to 72 hours for the credits to be seen in selfserve.    if they do not show up then you willl need to contact the mods.

barrywelsh20

Hey,

My girlfriend signed up for this but she didn't receive the credit for the next 30 days. Can you please advise on what she needs to do to get it?

alexjoy007

I got a free sim from wallmart and I didn't  spend any money for sim. They also activated a 1 month plan for me.

and I paid 40$ for that. But the fact is that none of the wallmart staffs doesn't  know about the offer and they even doesn't  tell

Souky123

I believe either 30 day plan or 90 same applies

TK123

I signed up yesterday, Oct 21 for a 90 day plan - will I get 30 days credit too or is that for 30 day plans only.  I noticed just today that there is no discount if one does the 90 day unlimited Canada and to the USA calling, global text, 18 +6 GB ($150) as opposed to the 30 day plan Canada and to the USA calling, global text, 6 +2 GB ($50).

Souky123

Awesome

Souky123

We are in the world of technology and stores are on there way out lol

mimmo

@Souky123  PM seems to have various promotions,  sometimes in stores sometimes online only.  they seem to alternate so i would not be surprised if the next promo is online only.

Souky123

Good point ..all promos should be done online as well as store. As not everyone can make it to any partner stores

normballard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I went to your retail partner, Walmart, to sign up 2 new users for this promotion. Unfortunately, Walmart contracts out the wireless business to a third party firm (not disclosed in the store) and it was closed so I was unable to sign up the two new referrals.

I think PM should utilize another sales channel for users. You should be able to order a SIM card off this site and be credited for the expense (i.e. free SIM card promotion). Anyways, I will be steering clear of Walmart for any wireless business. I am hoping you will have another flash sale soon!

Cheers,

Norm

Souky123

Need to extend as it's awesome

Souky123

Yes plan credit in 72hrs via text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Julia1052 wrote:

Saw this promotion just now and I got my SIM card early today...but, why they charged me 10$ for it? Should I go back to retailer to get money back?

Somebody earlier today had a similar thing happen. But he stopped at the point of paying for the SIM. But he'd already paid for a plan.

Dang corporations.

Sure. Try getting the $10 of the promo. They might just say they're not participating though so good frickin' luck.

I'd be interested to know if you do in fact eventually get your plan credit in a few days.

Julia1052

At Wal-Mart...

Julia1052

They did everything in store. I just create an account at home.

mimmo

@Julia1052what store was it?  i would call the store rather than go back.  i think the easiest would be to messge the mods with the receipt for the sim card charge and see if they will simply credit you the sim charge.

popping

@Julia1052 wrote:

Saw this promotion just now and I got my SIM card early today...but, why they charged me 10$ for it? Should I go back to retailer to get money back?

Did you activate your plan in-store OR just purchased a PM SIM card?

This promo is for in-store activation only.  No free SIM card for purchasing SIM card only.

Julia1052

Souky123

Yahoo free sim card. Referred many people to Pm

Matkel

If clearly stated participating stores... This happened to me with anither company. I always cal and ask again in store before puttin $ Sorryr to hear especially in this case where all u needed to do was Google and call all places before and get Monty + SIM like me. Its the past now ans its clearly not publicmobile fault here because "participating" is clearly stated and not only in fine print. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Riverman wrote:

did not buy it, out $40, no refund.

Dang that sucks. Dang corporations. Uh yeah no we're not participating. AFTER they take your money. That participating retailers crap is just that. Crap.

Dang.

Did they activate the SIM? I don't know the in-store process.

Edit: I wonder if it *was* activated with the SIM that you suck it up and pay it anyway and then whether you would get the account credit. Reading the fine print of the promo might suggest that it's just the free SIM that is for participating retailers. I don't know.

Riverman

did not buy it, out $40, no refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.