cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From October 20 to 21 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 22, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 20, 2018 until October 21, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from October 20 to October 21, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

71 REPLIES 71

sapphire13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I activate the $10 plan ($8 after auto pay) in stores with this promotion and still get the $10 and $1/30 day referral bonus?

@mcs11 wrote:

My kid and I moved over to Public Mobile on the last couple of these flash sales, for which we are grateful.  The kid needed a phone & a plan, and I needed to get away from my old carrier. We did have some initial issues with my kid's phone number, and we were lucky enough to get a very quick response (within 24 hours). I really love these sales, I love the good-value plans that are being offered, but I do admit that the recent trend toward customers waiting a long time for assistance makes me a little more reluctant to refer family & friends over in case they run into issues. I was willing to deal with any problems, but it's another thing to ask anyone else to deal with it unless they are reasonably patient and/or tech savvy. Just some feedback for Public Mobile that despite the strong community, they still need to be able to support customers when there are legitimate technical issues.

There should be none but BE PREPARED is an answer to managing activation woes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@IWorkForRogers wrote:

Refferals still applcable when activating in store?

Yes. Just remember to ask for your friend's number to be added as the referral during activation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

IWorkForRogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Refferals still applcable when activating in store?

@Wonder_why@Alan_K 

I have to ask, what is a select Koodo Authorized Dealer?

is it the kiosk in the middle of the floor in my mall?  The mall in the next City from me?  Or is it like the voucher locations that no one can faithfully search out because the system still mostly fails when I attempt to use it.  Please note, I haven’t searched for a voucher location as I do not require one at this time.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good to know 

• Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My kid and I moved over to Public Mobile on the last couple of these flash sales, for which we are grateful.  The kid needed a phone & a plan, and I needed to get away from my old carrier. We did have some initial issues with my kid's phone number, and we were lucky enough to get a very quick response (within 24 hours). I really love these sales, I love the good-value plans that are being offered, but I do admit that the recent trend toward customers waiting a long time for assistance makes me a little more reluctant to refer family & friends over in case they run into issues. I was willing to deal with any problems, but it's another thing to ask anyone else to deal with it unless they are reasonably patient and/or tech savvy. Just some feedback for Public Mobile that despite the strong community, they still need to be able to support customers when there are legitimate technical issues.

Black_Moons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still no service for me after 11 days. Waiting on day 5 for reply from moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, Although I agree that the problems need to be fixed, most businesses will opt to getting more paying customers over spending money fixing issues.  If you get 100 new customers, but lose 10, you are still better off (at least in the short term).  Eventually, the bad reputation could kill you, but not initially.

@Anonymous wrote:

Criminy crapperjack! Idiot proof the problems many people seem to have with porting or changing plan or renewing after suspension or immediate plan change etc ad nauseum. And let's not forget the password reset.

aka: have a seamless, trouble-free, working, functional, online, self-serve system.

All of that BEFORE we attract more customers.

@AnonymousNot only this but add in recent problems with some of the customers waiting FIVE days for moderator response time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Criminy crapperjack! Idiot proof the problems many people seem to have with porting or changing plan or renewing after suspension or immediate plan change etc ad nauseum. And let's not forget the password reset.

aka: have a seamless, trouble-free, working, functional, online, self-serve system.

All of that BEFORE we attract more customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.