cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective November 23, 2018 until November 25, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from November 23 to November 25, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 5 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 5 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

98 REPLIES 98

@ritsp

You do need to pay for the first month.  You should have gotten the SIM card for free.  

The $12 balance is probably the $10 friend referral + $2 autopay referral.  You should receive another $35 within 72 hours.  You will not need to pay for 2nd month and will get partial credit for third month.  

@ritsp wrote:

Hi Just purchased a new sim from Walmart for CAD 35 plan and activated my sim by porting my old number to PM. However, at Walmart they charged me  CAD 35 + tax. I was under the impression that since this is a flash sale, I will not be charged for the first month. Please let me know what is this charge about? Also, I can see an available balance of CAD 12, what is this about?

What will be my next month charges?

You pay for the first month and get a credit to your self serve account for the second month. This will show up within the next couple of days.

You won't see any charge to your credit card for next month.

The $12 available funds comes from $10 referral credit (one-time credit) and $2 auto pay reward (ongoing as long as you have a credit card on file).

The price for month three will be $35 (plan month 3) - $2 (auto pay month 2) - $2 (auto pay month 3) - $12 = $19 + tax for the $35 plan. Month four is $33 + tax.

All the numbers above are assuming that you don't buy any additional add-ons with the available funds and don't get any other rewards for referring your friends or helping in the community.

ritsp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Just purchased a new sim from Walmart for CAD 35 plan and activated my sim by porting my old number to PM. However, at Walmart they charged me  CAD 35 + tax. I was under the impression that since this is a flash sale, I will not be charged for the first month. Please let me know what is this charge about? Also, I can see an available balance of CAD 12, what is this about?

What will be my next month charges?

originaljmp

Your retailers are not able to access your systems to sign people up in Toronto today. How do we do this online and still get the Black Friday sale benefits?

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@JFF:

That looks more like a copy/paste. See the black Quote box just above to the right of the text entry box? When you click Reply in the lower right of someones post then click the black Quote, it'll add the post contents.

@But doing @ username that I just did for you also works.

Or even just JFF. Anything. Otherwise...who the heck are you talking to.

Got it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JFF:

That looks more like a copy/paste. See the black Quote box just above to the right of the text entry box? When you click Reply in the lower right of someones post then click the black Quote, it'll add the post contents.

But doing @ username that I just did for you also works.

Or even just JFF. Anything. Otherwise...who the heck are you talking to.

JFF
@JFF wrote:

$25 referal bonus will be the one you are looking for. 

@JFF, no one knows who you are replying to if you don't quote the post or at least tag the person you are responding to.

@ShawnC13 Thanks for pointing it out. 

JFF
@JFF wrote:

You have to write to the them in a private message, giving all the account details, and they might give you the credit back very soon. Good luck.

@Anonymous It's usually helpful to know who you're replying to by either quoting the post you're replying to as I just did or using the "@ username" or even just the username

Otherwise who knows who you're talking to. Smiley Happy

LOL, am I doing this right now? I THOUGHT reply means reply. 😂

JFF

Right, that's exactly what happened to me. And I still have the extra SIM, don't know what to do with it. 😂

@JFF wrote:

@JFF, no one knows who you are replying to if you don't quote the post or at least tag the person you are responding to.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JFF

JFF

You've got 4 now. Way to go. 😁

JFF

Haha, It's your lucky day. 

JFF

Write to the moderator in private mail (not posting publicly here), giving all your personal info. and the situation, they may credit you. Good luck!

bigmouth2015

@Anonymous wrote:

@mjat87, Getting the SIM for free does not make you ineligible for the $25 referral (or the ongoing $1 referral bonus for your friend).  The $1 referral will show up in your friend's self serve portal.  He should get a notification at some point.  Also, the $25 bonuses will take a few days to show up.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Just a correction.  If you activate in-store during the Black Friday weekend, you and your referral will not get $25 credits.  Your referral will get $10 credits instead.  I asked the moderator and he confirmed this.

bigmouth2015

one of my friend signed up on thurs and i got the $25 referral credits the next day (Fri).  My referral credits usually showed up the next day.

@TK123 wrote:

it can take up to five days to see your $25 fee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JFF wrote:

You have to write to the them in a private message, giving all the account details, and they might give you the credit back very soon. Good luck.

It's usually helpful to know who you're replying to by either quoting the post you're replying to as I just did or using the "@ username" or even just the username.

Otherwise who knows who you're talking to. 🙂

JFF

JFF

No, that's not right. The Wal-Mart guy should look through his site and find the promotion and its code for you in order for you to benefit the $0 deal. Sometimes, they are not well informed, and you may have to show them the promo. Sadly this happened, and you can't do much about it. 

@Peachland4 wrote:

Hello, I’m wondering about you flash sale. We went to London drugs today to set up 3 phones through this deal as new customers. The gentleman there told us he can’t activate the SIM cards for us we have to do us ourselves. We did mention this promo but he had no idea what we were talking about. There for he charged us for the 3 SIM cards and had to pay up front for the 3 $25 phone plans on top equaling $117.60 is this right or should we not get it as the promo? Thank you for you time Robert Johnson 

Besides the 3 sims everything was done right.  You should get a credit for your second month on all 3 lines placed into your accounts within 5 days.  You can contact the mods about the sim cards you paid for and see if they will credit those to you and put it in your available funds for future use.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TK123

The SIM cards should have been free and London Drugs should have taken care of the activation for you.  You have to pay up front for your first month.  Go back to the store and get your money back for the SIM's and get them to do the activation.

Peachland4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’m wondering about you flash sale. We went to London drugs today to set up 3 phones through this deal as new customers. The gentleman there told us he can’t activate the SIM cards for us we have to do us ourselves. We did mention this promo but he had no idea what we were talking about. There for he charged us for the 3 SIM cards and had to pay up front for the 3 $25 phone plans on top equaling $117.60 is this right or should we not get it as the promo? Thank you for you time Robert Johnson 

dumbdobie1

Nice... keep these good deals coming 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leonc88 wrote:

I switched to PM as the ads pop up on Nov 22 and missed the great offer the next day.Hopefully PM will look into my acc and give me that deal too. Sign up for $35 plan with auto pay.So far everything works fine after 2 days with PM.

When I first got here in May I didn't really know anything about the Community and got all signed up and was happy as can be. Then inside of the same month a couple promos came and went and I'm thinking Hey! come on! I just got here. How about some price protection for new customers inside of one 30 day term. So I sent a private message making observation of that and they very nicely graciously gave me a little somethin' somethin'.

Ask nicely. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@anne12345, If you activate before Dec. 6, and enter a referral number, you will each get $25 bonus.  However, If you go to a participating store this week-end, you get a free SIM, and your second month free.  Just hang on to the SIM that comes in the mail.  Never know when it might come in handy.

Just for clarity...that promo got extended to December 16th.

Leonc88

I switched to PM as the ads pop up on Nov 22 and missed the great offer the next day.Hopefully PM will look into my acc and give me that deal too. Sign up for $35 plan with auto pay.So far everything works fine after 2 days with PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anne12345, If you activate before Dec. 6, and enter a referral number, you will each get $25 bonus.  However, If you go to a participating store this week-end, you get a free SIM, and your second month free.  Just hang on to the SIM that comes in the mail.  Never know when it might come in handy.

anne12345

i want deal but i just bought the sim card and have to wait for it in the mail. do i still get the deal?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

mjat87

Okay, all sounds good. Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I'm badge hunting now, this is kind of fun. Can I get a single bravo? Smiley Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.