cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From July 28 to July 29 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective July 28, 2018 until July 29, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from July 28 to July 29, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

108 REPLIES 108

jay_e11e
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not the best of situations for sure, but not really fair to blame anyone or demand from it. They seem super chill - if you haven't already, follow their easy steps to Direct Message a mod for further help with any account-specific questions. Otherwise, maybe see if any other locations in your area carry PM (Walmart and London Drugs do, for example), or just try again tomorrow. 

They do have an outage alert listed for tomorrow further below this post, so be conscious of that, maybe go in the evening (before the EST cut off for the deal).

jay_e11e

Kay567890
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day 

What do we do if the store in our area says there system. Is down I went Ll the WaY there to be told system. Was down now because of this I will lose out on this promo...... Now what that's unfair??? 

Kay567890

Unknown

@NDesai wrote:

If she used the online activation portal, you will receive the $25 referral credit but not the credit for next free renewal. 

Hmm, I'll have to see what credits I get.  If I get the $25 referral credit but not the monthly plan credit, can I contact a mod to have it changed?  

@Unknown wrote:

@Gel-Doua wrote:

Does it work with 25$ "refer a friend" too?

The Walmart rep who did the activation said it would be a $25 referral fee and not $10.  She said even though the promo is in-store only, she is still doing the referral (activation) online.  Not sure if she's right, but I'll see what credit I get in the next 72 hours.

If she used the online activation portal, you will receive the $25 referral credit but not the credit for next free renewal. 

Unknown

@ottawa wrote:

I have a friend on Telus who I was going to get to move to PM on the $40/4.5GB for the $25/$25 promo. This costs the same but puts all the extra bonuses in my friend's hands (not sure whether that's a plus or minus for me).

$25/$25: she pays $10+$40+40-$25=$65, I pay -$25, net $40 for 2mo.

2MF: she pays $0+$40+0=$40, net $40 for 2mo.

I'm happy to save her that money and to get her on PM for the $1/mo, main downside I see is there's no financial incentive for her to remember the referral (that's why I liked the $10 credit).

Anyway great offer from PM. I'll let my friend decide whether go to to WM or just sign up online. I figure she should get a new number then port in her old number when she's positive all is well? Especially if doing the online deal since there will be a delay right?

Thanks!

=aw

The 25/25 referral would net a total of $50.  The 2-day promo will net a total of at least $60 combined (10+40 for your friend, 10 for you).  If the Walmart rep who activated my account is correct, you would both receive $25 referral credit with this promo.

Unknown

@Gel-Doua wrote:

Does it work with 25$ "refer a friend" too?

The Walmart rep who did the activation said it would be a $25 referral fee and not $10.  She said even though the promo is in-store only, she is still doing the referral (activation) online.  Not sure if she's right, but I'll see what credit I get in the next 72 hours.

Unknown

Should be within 72 hours.

CalvinW

Promo galore. Too bad I helped my sister sign up 2 weeks ago already. Missed out on all these promos 

dip13

I gave a phone number when signing up for this deal today. But when will I see the $10 referral credit? I only see $2 for autopay at the moment.

@KatieQ88 wrote:

Hello,

I just activated a $40 plan at Wow mobile boutique today.  I am at the self serve account but where does it show that I will get the next 30 days of service for $0?

Thanks for your help.

It takes up to 72 hours for the credits to show in your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

KatieQ88

Hello,

I just activated a $40 plan at Wow mobile boutique today.  I am at the self serve account but where does it show that I will get the next 30 days of service for $0?

Thanks for your help.

@Dmpcare wrote:

I agree – I received 1.5 GB more/month on this plan than on my old Telus plan and for less than half the monthly cost!! I love saving money!

My wife and i used to pay $110 with Rogers to share 2.5gb. Now we pay $50 or less total and have 10gb of data between our two plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Dmpcare wrote:

If you are presently with Telus, phoning at seven in the morning was the best time to get the phone unlocked, as the previous evening’s wait was over 55 minutes and I still couldn’t get through! In the morning, however it only took two minutes!

If you are with Telus you do not need to have your phone unlocked as they are the same network

Dmpcare

I agree – I received 1.5 GB more/month on this plan than on my old Telus plan and for less than half the monthly cost!! I love saving money!

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just took advantage of this deal. Unfortunately, I purchased a sim just a few hours before this promotion was posted so I have an extra sim that I paid $11.30 for. But with the discounted 2nd month and the $10 credit from referral more than makes up for it. I just get a smaller discount than everyone else. Smiley Very Happy

Dmpcare

Yes, you must go to London drugs, which I just did to activate this great promotion, or Walmart from what I was informed. It is important to go there if at all possible with your phone already unlocked from your present provider, and to have your old phone account number and or your password for that account. That will help the store technician transfer over to your new Sim card very seamlessly. 

If you are presently with Telus, phoning at seven in the morning was the best time to get the phone unlocked, as the previous evening’s wait was over 55 minutes and I still couldn’t get through! In the morning, however it only took two minutes!

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good deal!

but i am sad that I ported my daughter phone to PM a day ago.

For Yesterday is a last day of usage cycle for pay.

but I like it is still cheaper and good service on the market.

nsmobile

Where are your stores in St. John's, NL?

thnx.

MacMe

@hoikwo wrote:

Where can I find PM stores?

There are no Public Mobile stores, but you can purchase a SIM and activate your plan at Walmart, London Drugs, WOW! Mobile boutique, and K-Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Meet-Public-Mobile/ta-p/242893

hoikwo

Where can I find PM stores?

Keep it up guys. This promo kind of steps on the toes of the 25/25 promo, but it's good to have both options out there depending on what a person is comfortable with. 

Hopefully the retail/in store guys give their head a shake and do better on the customer service side of things now.

malz_waffles

Darn. I went in on Friday and I got the $45 for 4.5Gb plan. If only I went in a day later and I would have got the plan. This sucks but Public Mobile is great so far. I haven't had any problems or issues for the time had this plan. I would recommend this carrier to anyone.

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice to see these promos. Thanks, PM! 🙂

Now the promotions are getting hotter!  

Let's see what else on the remaining summer.

All these promos are nice but too many all grouped together

At best this is going to cause confusion for clients wondering why something did/didn't happen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tharindubala wrote:

In such situation I mean that, is it possible to activate the connection with new number,

then on next month port my current number.

@tharindubala yes...you could do this.  But as @Anonymous pointed out, it wouldn't help really.  You have to pay for the first month [30 days actually] of Public Moible up front, tomorrow on Sunday.  So, whether you cancel your current provider on Sunday or in 30 days, you'd have still paid for both for a month, essentially.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dtran3

I think it's too late.. On activation he ported his number over 

tharindubala

In such situation I mean that, is it possible to activate the connection with new number,

then on next month port my current number.

Need Help? Let's chat.