cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

@ddamin1981 wrote:

This 5 GB data is for one time one month or every month I will get 5 GB data

It is only for one month.  But, Unused data will roll over to next month until used up or you change your plan to lower cost plan or miss payment. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

@Macgurl@ddamin1981 

It's actually only just this weekend. It is being added as an add-on which means it's a bucket that can get used up over however much time it takes you to use. (or change plans, or suspend, or leave) It can stand as excess data if you were to use all of the data that all of the eligible plans have.

There's no "month" involved.

@Macgurl wrote:

Checked at Walmart Kiosk at Queensborough. the bonus 5 GB of data is for only one month.

The store aren't always up to date on these things.  In this case, the information that was given is correct in the sense that it'a a one-time thing, although unused data can remain on the account for more than a month.  This information is provided at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/5GB-bonus and in the first message of this thread.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I went and signed up yesterday at PM, the sales person told me that it would be an add on every month. So for the $25 plan, i would get 6GB of data in total every month. I specifically asked her to clarify since the wording wasn't too clear...? She was pretty confident about it as well. And does anyone know how long it takes for the 5GB to show up on the plan?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

moderator team !!!   got my new sim at walmart... their system down... trying to get activated for the 5gb bonus... says invalid sim card trying to set up at home...what do i do do?

Mayor / Maire

@chillpills wrote:

When I went and signed up yesterday at PM, the sales person told me that it would be an add on every month. So for the $25 plan, i would get 6GB of data in total every month. I specifically asked her to clarify since the wording wasn't too clear...? She was pretty confident about it as well. And does anyone know how long it takes for the 5GB to show up on the plan?

@chillpills 

Are you talking about an actual PM kiosk with the bike charger and all?

Otherwise, you were at a cell phone store that is not PM. They were wrong. It's a one-time 5gb add-on that will stay on your account until you finish it.

The bonus will apparently take up to 7 days to appear.

Oracle

@Winger19 wrote:

moderator team !!!   got my new sim at walmart... their system down... trying to get activated for the 5gb bonus... says invalid sim card trying to set up at home...what do i do do?

@Winger19  

Try waiting an hour plus, then try activating again after clearing your browser cache (or use incognito mode).  If it still gives you that message, then you should contact the Moderator Team by private message with this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

When you contact them, let them know that you attempted to activate before the deadline for the 5GB add-on bonus, and they should be able to honour it for you if they don't get to your support request before the deadline.

Mayor / Maire

@chillpills the salesperson is wrong the 5gb is one time only

Mayor / Maire

@chillpills wrote:

@chillpills 

It should only be one data add on for 5 GB, not recurring monthly add on.  The outside vendors sometimes are not up to date on the specifics of the promotion.  It will take up to 7 days for bonus add on to show up in your account.  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my phone server from Charts to PM about 5 hours ago. I can only make calls but can't receives call or voice messages? I also don't see the promotion 5G data in my account?