cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From May 25 to May 26, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $25+ plan (Ready-Made plans only) can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data. This will be applied as an Add-On. Plus, until May 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET we are offering a $0 SIM card when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! These offers are available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25+/mo Ready-Made plan from May 25 until May 26 2019, you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Public Mobile Kiosks
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the bonus has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

@sadeq wrote:

HELLO MY FRIEND IS STILL YOU HAVE THE 5GB OR EXBIRD PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT AFTER 9 MONTH

This likely means that all this data already been used.

sadeq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HELLO MY FRIEND IS STILL YOU HAVE THE 5GB OR EXBIRD PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT AFTER 9 MONTH

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GinYVR wrote:

@trisheWalmart always offers free Public Mobile SIM card with in store activations. Even if it is not a promotion.

No they don't...they only do that with promo

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kmpec I don't see  the issue that was not inferred it was explained clearly as far as I was concerned besides that is old news plus there is no contract here

kmpec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Metal1967 wrote:

@trishe wrote:

For new customers only? Does this apply to a new secondary phone for an existing customer also???

@trishe 

It was for New Customers...and was also a2 day sale...it flashed by and is over...

Actually it was for new activations. PM does not check if you have existing plans, so does not ID if you are a new "customer" ... but yes, it is over.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@entersarah wrote:

Why is it that Wal-Mart has to activate the account and won't just let you buy a sim?

You could buy / they will sell a SIM. You get it fro free if activate it in store.

entersarah

Why is it that Wal-Mart has to activate the account and won't just let you buy a sim?

entersarah

Unfortunately, me too...

@trisheWalmart always offers free Public Mobile SIM card with in store activations. Even if it is not a promotion.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@trishe wrote:

Is the free SIM still available???

Also, even if you miss this promotion window, you may still be able to get a free SIM card as certain locations seem to give a free SIM card with activation in store. I know this personally as Walmart provided me with a free SIM card just a couple of weeks ago when there wasn't a promotion running and I have read many similar accounts here in the community. Though it may be hit or miss about which locations give out the free SIM cards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe wrote:

Yes. In-store activations until May 31 midnight.

See the little list of numbers below here? Click on the 1 and you'll get to the first post of the thread. There you'll see the announcement of these promos and the details.

trishe

Metal1967

@trishe wrote:

For new customers only? Does this apply to a new secondary phone for an existing customer also???

@trishe 

It was for New Customers...and was also a2 day sale...it flashed by and is over...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe wrote:

Did you activate a "secondary phone" over the weekend? If yes and if you followed the promo rules then you should be eligible.

trishe

@JFF wrote:

Sadly missed the deal😭

@JFF  Don't worry then next one is probably around the corner Smiley Happy

JFF

Sadly missed the deal😭

@NancyJ wrote:

@Cg1cg3 

You can try to tag them @CS_Agent 

Unfortunately, taggin moderators in the forum no longer works as PM changed their policy and no longer monitor and respond to callouts in the forum. Callouts of individual moderators still works sometimes.

The only way to reach a moderator is as per the link provided by @geopublic, below, which is a shortcut to creating a private message directly to the moderator team.

The long way is to click on the envelope icon above (top-right), then click th (New Message) button, then enter Moderator_Team in the Send To field.

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to get in touch with the moderators...any idea how iIcan do that

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

NancyJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Cg1cg3 

You can try to tag them @CS_Agent 

Cg1cg3

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to get in touch with the moderators...any idea how iIcan do that

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

Me and my wife thought the 5GB bonus data was one time bonus was added to the account every month but looking through the forums it's only one time feature and when it's used up that's it...what a disappointment and we ported in. If we knew for sure this wasnt a reoccurring feature we  would have waited till a better promo came out. Better descriptions needs to be out out ecspecially since all the authorized retailers have no clue about PM details and there is no Customer service...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Hi @Cg1cg3 

So the good news is that you can safely change the plan without losing this ad on, which i recommend you do when you come close to using up your allowance. It was confirmed here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Activate-any-25-mo-plan-and-...

If that is not good enough you still have an option to discuss this with the moderators and see if there is anything else that can be done.

Cheers

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous Once it's applied, it stays with the account as an Add-On unless the customer has their account deactivated. Nothing will cause the 5 GB to fall off.

Alrighty then. So that customer could now change down to the $10 plan and still enjoy 5gb of data. Thanks for verifying that "nothing" will affect it other than deactivation. Still silent on suspension but deactivation is obvious.

The wording and past promos made all this unclear.

Thanks again.

That's actually not bad at all for minimalists who hardly use any data, you can run Fongo or textnow for years before running out of data and still have 50/month texts and minutes to fall back to. Nice. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous Once it's applied, it stays with the account as an Add-On unless the customer has their account deactivated. Nothing will cause the 5 GB to fall off.

Alrighty then. So that customer could now change down to the $10 plan and still enjoy 5gb of data. Thanks for verifying that "nothing" will affect it other than deactivation. Still silent on suspension but deactivation is obvious.

The wording and past promos made all this unclear.

Thanks again.

Alan_K

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

Thank you.

New customer signed up this past weekend and got a $25 or more plan so therefore is eligible for the 5gb promo. I got that.

Can they change their plan to another $25 or more plan and KEEP the 5gb add-on that they initially got?

The wording of the promo and experience with past promos leaves this fine point as uncertain.

Thanks. I hope I'm not wasting your time.

Alan_K

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@Alireja wrote:

Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

You can find it here under "offer details".

Morning folks, just to clarify here that this doesn't apply to the 5 GB add-on and is being removed from the website.

@Alan_K 

Would you be able to confirm whether it's ANY plan change or like other promos where one could change to a plan above the minimum $25 in this case? For those that did pick up this promo.

Thanks

No matter if the rate plan is changed, or if the account becomes inactive, as long as you activated on a ready-made plan $25+/mo on May 25 or 26, the Add-On will apply for you within 7 days.

The criteria we are looking at is anyone who activated May 25 or 26 on $25+/mo ready made plans.

Does that clear things up? Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@Alireja wrote:

Morning folks, just to clarify here that this doesn't apply to the 5 GB add-on and is being removed from the website.

@Alan_K 

Would you be able to confirm whether it's ANY plan change or like other promos where one could change to a plan above the minimum $25 in this case? For those that did pick up this promo.

Thanks

Alan_K

@Alireja wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.