cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From May 25 to May 26, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $25+ plan (Ready-Made plans only) can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data. This will be applied as an Add-On. Plus, until May 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET we are offering a $0 SIM card when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! These offers are available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25+/mo Ready-Made plan from May 25 until May 26 2019, you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Public Mobile Kiosks
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the bonus has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

that's what I meant, activate a new sim with the flash sale then cancel the first one and port number over?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewhome wrote:

Any way existing customers can get this deal, activate a second phone?

Of course. It's not about the phone. It's the SIM and account. Use your current phone to activate the new SIM. Then finish up your first SIM account.

mynewhome

Any way existing customers can get this deal, activate a second phone?

@Saviz wrote:

Hi,

I activated my line 13 days ago , any way I can apply this promotion to my line? Koodo has a 2 week return policy but not sure about Public Mobile.

This is promo applies to new activations only.

And Public Mobile being a prepaid service, you don't have that two weeks change your mind option. 

You can always sign up for a second account (with separate email, getting a different number). If you want to use your existing number with the new account you need to port out to a different provider and back into your second account at the according cost (SIM for other provider, plus, likely, cost for the first month's top up. ) Also keep in mind that you will loose any rewards, available funds, and remaining services if you port out since your account will be closed. Up to you to do the math and figure out if it's worth the hassle for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saviz wrote:

Hi,

I activated my line 13 days ago , any way I can apply this promotion to my line? Koodo has a 2 week return policy but not sure about Public Mobile.

You could always run out and get the free SIM and the $25 plan and activate it all up and then run out the clock on your current 13 day old service. If you ported a number then you would need to port it back out to a cheap plan somewhere and then port it back into your newer plan.

ChewyB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up in store with this promo and got the free SIM. So far it is working great!

Saviz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just referred a friend today.

floorit

Yes I've seen build your own. They should have included it in the promo

@Slash5 wrote:

Just tried to activate at Walmart, they tried 2 different browsers and both failed. 25 min wasted.

Went to the Koodo store across the street that is listed as participating on the PM site and they didn't know what I was talking about and refused to do the free SIM.

Not sure about siging up with a company that can't seem to run a simple promotion.

Hi

A friend of mine had the same issue at Wal-Mart this morning, it was their internet at the store not trelus or public mobile. I suggest to try layer, it worked for him.

Also if i remember correctly the advertisement says at participating koodo stores, not all of them, so call the store to see if they are participating beforehand

Hope you find the place

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

I just took my referral to a Wal-Mart in Hamilton, but hey couldn't open the account, they told me telus server is down and they can't log in. Did anybody else have an issue like that today?

In that case, I would hope that they would offer you the free sim card and ask you to activate at home.  What did they do? Did they just say to come back later?

We just went back and did it:)

Apparently there was an issue with the internet provider at the store.

Slash5

Just tried to activate at Walmart, they tried 2 different browsers and both failed. 25 min wasted.

Went to the Koodo store across the street that is listed as participating on the PM site and they didn't know what I was talking about and refused to do the free SIM.

Not sure about siging up with a company that can't seem to run a simple promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@floorit wrote:

Was looking to switch an other phone to PM. But you have no useful ready made plans. No LTE plans.  No 90 day plans. Looking for 2gb lte/30.   ideal would be 6 GB  LTE / 90 days

Did you not see the build your own? Province-wide/texting/6gb LTE - 90 days = $135. You can go all the way to 15gb for 90 days too.

Heck...you can do 24gb at 3mbps which is usually plenty fast for most use.

But no the build your own is not eligible for this weekend promo.

floorit

Was looking to switch an other phone to PM. But you have no useful ready made plans. No LTE plans.  No 90 day plans. Looking for 2gb lte/30.   ideal would be 6 GB  LTE / 90 days

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

I just took my referral to a Wal-Mart in Hamilton, but hey couldn't open the account, they told me telus server is down and they can't log in. Did anybody else have an issue like that today?

In that case, I would hope that they would offer you the free sim card and ask you to activate at home.  What did they do? Did they just say to come back later?

Yup they just tald me to try later

I don't mind cause I'll be in the area anyways. 

@kselmak wrote:

Hi

@qtran wrote:

I activated a plan just 1-2 days ago and am a new customer, is there any way I can also receive this offer?

Sorry, but the activation needs to occur May 25 or 26 for you to be eligible.

Bell3

I am new customer just join today 🙂  I love that one time 5GB 🙂

qtran

I activated a plan just 1-2 days ago and am a new customer, is there any way I can also receive this offer?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulC1967 wrote:
Just to be clear. If I understand this correctly, you will only get the monthly data based on the plan. ie. $25 1 gb / month. The 5 gb bonus is not an add on to the monthly amount (ie. 6 gb/month for the $25 plan) but a one time use for when you go over the monthly allowance that carries forward indefinitely until it is used up. Thanks

You got it.

PaulC1967
Just to be clear. If I understand this correctly, you will only get the monthly data based on the plan. ie. $25 1 gb / month. The 5 gb bonus is not an add on to the monthly amount (ie. 6 gb/month for the $25 plan) but a one time use for when you go over the monthly allowance that carries forward indefinitely until it is used up. Thanks

@danielj wrote:

$0 SIM Card does not include Public Mobile Kiosks or K-Mobile, interesting.

Yup, that's pretty much what I said too.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

$0 SIM Card does not include Public Mobile Kiosks or K-Mobile, interesting.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just letting my friend know about it. Great incentive!!!

Colinh90

sure, im 1 day late for the promo, i just got here from freedom and so far im having a better experince, Freedoms network over the last couple of months has gotten so bad that i was forced to switch. sure, i would like a min 0f 10 GB's for 55bucks like i had with them. but 8Gig's is ok, plus the network seems to be better (both my friend and i went thru some of  freedom's dead spots in our area. his phone didn't have service in those areas obviously, but mine did), i didn't have an issue trying to get a call to go thru all day (like i normally would before).. before i had to re-call 3 or 4 times to get thru to people but it was refreshing to only to call once for a change and its been like that since i activated my sim card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Colinh90 wrote:

I was 1 day too short for getting this deal 😞 im new to public mobile today (the 24th) could it still be possible for me to get it?? or even 2 extra Gigs? im trying this company, and left freeom for now. 8GB for 50 bucks is pretty nice but im afaird it won't be enough looking at my track recrod with them. kinda bumed out to see this deal. 

When I signed up I had no idea about promos and such. Next thing I knew a promo came where I thought hey I would've used that but a part of it wasn't quite right so oh well. Then shortly after that another promo came up where I definitely would have.

I think there should be something like a 30 day price protection for new customers.

But I did send a note to the mods and they did a little something for me. Not the whole deal, but something. Be nice. They don't *have* to do anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zippy wrote:

You mentioned 1 GB of data but it's supposed to have 5 gigabytes of data is it not

You had asked if it had Canada-wide calling. Any other info received was extra beyond what you asked for.

The 5gb is a bonus add-on on top of the monthly 1gb of the $25 plan. And you don't keep getting 5gb. It's just an add-on that you will eventually use up depending on your data usage.

@Colinh90 

You probably out of luck, but you could try to private message moderator and explain your situation.  No guarantees.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Zippy 

Yes, one time 5 GB data add on (unused portion rolls over until next month until used up).  The regular monthly plan only is 1 GB per month.

Need Help? Let's chat.