cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Activate any $25+/mo plan and get a bonus 5 GB of data + get a SIM for $0

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From May 25 to May 26, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $25+ plan (Ready-Made plans only) can get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data. This will be applied as an Add-On. Plus, until May 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET we are offering a $0 SIM card when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! These offers are available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25+/mo Ready-Made plan from May 25 until May 26 2019, you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Public Mobile Kiosks
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the bonus has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was 1 day too short for getting this deal 😞 im new to public mobile today (the 24th) could it still be possible for me to get it?? or even 2 extra Gigs? im trying this company, and left freeom for now. 8GB for 50 bucks is pretty nice but im afaird it won't be enough looking at my track recrod with them. kinda bumed out to see this deal. 

Zippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You mentioned 1 GB of data but it's supposed to have 5 gigabytes of data is it not

@Zippy 

Yes, $25 plan has unlimited Canada calling, unlimited international text and 1 GB 3G data

Zippy
Does the new $25 plan include Canada wide talking?

sumware
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 7 days.

I think SIMon answered the question. What is an AddOn?

"Our In Canada Data and Long Distance Add-Ons don't expire until the service is fully depleted. In other words, any remaining data or minutes will roll over at your renewal date until they're used up."

Thank you SIMon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@momcabobyn wrote:

It appears to be a one time add-on that is associated with your plan - for as long as you keep your plan (active and unchanged). 

At least that's my understanding. Can someone in the know please confirm?

You've read it just as well as the rest of us have. 🙂

Maybe with all the p1$$ed off people that have walked with all the endless problems of late...they need to get back some new customers. 🙂

specialK

@momcabobyn wrote:

It appears to be a one time add-on that is associated with your plan - for as long as you keep your plan (active and unchanged). 

yep, as long as you dont change plans or become inactive, the data bonus shouldn't expire (until you use it all obviously)

momcabobyn

Lolow

I know, right.  I've been a customer for a week.  Ah well.  

@cheemleung wrote:

Wow! Just signed up today and now see this - anything I can do to get this promo being a one day customer? 

Sorry, but no.  These flash sales happen with such little notice, tomorrow nd Sunday only, until midnight of Sunday, eastern time.

cheemleung

Wow! Just signed up today and now see this - anything I can do to get this promo being a one day customer? 

It appears to be a one time add-on that is associated with your plan.

iconicrocket

Just to confirm. Is the 5 GB one time use. Or recurring 5 Gb each month with the purchase plan? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@lindalee wrote:

So say if I change my plan next bill cycle, the 5GB add-on will still be there until it runs out?

@lindalee  Yes, add-ons do not have an expiry date.

Wrong.  Read the offer details

"5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

Although it is not stated at OP, read the offer details too.

5GBBonus.JPG

mimmo

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Odd that the $0 SIM excludes the new PM Kiosk locations. You'd think that would be an opportunity to promote them.

The retail locations need to make some money some how 🙂

Also, are these offers still eligible for the $10 referal bonus? Do not see that mentioned anywhere.

Nevermind -- I just noticed the link to the More Ways to Save which includes the referral credit.

Odd that the $0 SIM excludes the new PM Kiosk locations. You'd think that would be an opportunity to promote them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not unlike the other promo where you had to keep a >=$30 plan to keep getting the $10 credit. This should be the same as that. Change to any plan if you like as long as it's >=$25. But no. It says change plan period. That should be clarified.

@Alan_K 

mimmo

@Alireja  good catch.   usually there is a spoiler with additional details, we haev never had to go to the plan to see teh fine print.

@Alan_K   maybe you want to add the fine print to the announcement.

I will be curious to see if the system can handle removing the  addon, for suspended or changed plans.  

@Alireja wrote:

Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

You can find it here under "offer details".

Good point!  So unable to change to a lower price plan and retain the add-on...too bad:(

Alireja

Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

You can find it here under "offer details".

mimmo

@lindalee  this is only for new activations not existing customer/ plan changes.

@liuxinbingin past promotions the bonus 1 time data is there utill it is used up (ie you went over your monthly data limit)

edit, @lindalee  (misread you question), yes as long as you meet the requirements of the promo you get the addon, after you get it you can futuredate to thq $10 or $15 plan and you keep the addon.   see posts below

@lindalee wrote:

So say if I change my plan next bill cycle, the 5GB add-on will still be there until it runs out?

@lindalee  Yes, add-ons do not have an expiry date.

lindalee

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news! I just activated a phone number last weekend 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liuxinbing wrote:

is the 5gb bonus for one month or doesn't expire until runs out? just curious.

And agree that it is the time to have the 25 dollar referral.

The wording specifically says add-on so I would think it means it runs out like any add-on.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

is the 5gb bonus for one month or doesn't expire until runs out? just curious.

And agree that it is the time to have the 25 dollar referral.

popping

@Alan_K 

Great promo.

It is time to have a $25 refer-a-friend promo next week after PM backend seem to be working properly.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Lucky Smiley Sad and Chatr Smiley Sad must be Smiley Frustrated. This is getting interesting. Maybe it's time to become a born again PM customer Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.