Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

But my question is that why are the online support chat team saying it is only for 6 months ??

@shahestates  did you talk to the Activation online support ?  I believe those are Telus employee and they might not know the plan very well.  

From what we know, this is a re-occurring bonus with no ending.  

Of course, you can open a ticket with Customer Support Agent to confirm.  They will communicate with you via Community Inbox, which is good, you have the proof in writing.

Yes I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:
I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Open a ticket with CS Agent,  their answers are more reliable.    And as I said, you have the answer in writing in your inbox just in case there is dispute in the future.

shahestates

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:
I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Open a ticket with CS Agent,  their answers are more reliable.    And as I said, you have the answer in writing in your inbox just in case there is dispute in the future.

Yes, ticket has been submitted but they might take 2 days to respond me. The bonus will expire on Aug 13.

Without live calling agent it is very bad Customer service in PM. I am disappointed

Fawcett

@shahestates the activation online support clearly told me for as long as you stay with Public Mobile.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates : It's quite frustrating to hear all these mixed messages. As far as we know it's unlimited recurring as long as you submit an email, activate online, select >$34 plan, don't suspend, don't change plan. Although the last two may be YMMV if you change up or down staying above $34.

shahestates

@z10user4 wrote:

@shahestates : It's quite frustrating to hear all these mixed messages. As far as we know it's unlimited recurring as long as you submit an email, activate online, select >$34 plan, don't suspend, don't change plan. Although the last two may be YMMV if you change up or down staying above $34.

Yes it is very frustrating to me before even joining PM

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:

Yes, ticket has been submitted but they might take 2 days to respond me. The bonus will expire on Aug 13.

Without live calling agent it is very bad Customer service in PM. I am disappointed

it could take up to 2 days, but usually it is couple hours.  So, keep checking your Community inbox for new messages, CS Agent will respond you there.  

Yes, Live Support is the most asked service here.  But PM tries to cut down the cost a bit by having this fully online support model.   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates 

I can understand the frustration with conflicting information. the terms and conditions are clear on this promo as follows:

1. Activate online with a plan $35+.
  2. Add the promocode 2GBBONUS when activating.
  3. The expiry is unlimited as long as you don't change your rate plan.
  4. Your account must be active and in good standing. I can say that if you suspend your service via lost/stolen it won't affect your promotional data. Suspension for non payment I have not tested.
  5. The email registration is a courtesy email you are not required to use the same email to activate or register an email to qualify for the promo. I would do it just so you have a copy of the terms and conditions.
  6. Activate by 11:59:59pm eastern on August 13th 2021.

The activation chat people are getting mixed up with a select retail locations 2gb bonus data for 6 months promotion....pay them no heed they only know basic info about pm.

@shahestates wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

But my question is that why are the online support chat team saying it is only for 6 months ??

@shahestates  did you talk to the Activation online support ?  I believe those are Telus employee and they might not know the plan very well.  

From what we know, this is a re-occurring bonus with no ending.  

Of course, you can open a ticket with Customer Support Agent to confirm.  They will communicate with you via Community Inbox, which is good, you have the proof in writing.

Yes I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Some of the people that you spoke with are likely looking at the details of a similarly-themed but different promotion. To my knowledge, there was an offer that lasted for 6 months sent to some previous customers.  The bonus data being discussed in this thread lasts as long as you stay a customer on the eligible plan.  I wouldn't continue asking CS_Agent or live chat.  The correct information has already been provided to you in this thread. 

LeePublic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's a new 2 GB Bonus data Flash Sale ending August 16th, just a FYI.

Need Help? Let's chat.