Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting July 29 to August 3 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 13 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 13 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

and there were other opportunities given to Community members for participlating in Public Mobile feedback sessions.

@computergeek541 (and readers): That was the blanked out area. But they weren't free. That was real time put in and some confidentiality involved.

No confidential information was discussed here. There have been activitiies that have been announced to all and information was provided in those announcements about the particular data add-on compensation.  Here's an example of that:   Get a one-time 1 GB data bonus by telling us what ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

and there were other opportunities given to Community members for participlating in Public Mobile feedback sessions.

@computergeek541 (and readers): That was the blanked out area. But they weren't free. That was real time put in and some confidentiality involved.

@THS : I'm a very low usage user. I also have 3 accounts, one of which I call my data account and the other I call my dormant account. This image is my main account. My data account is now working on the last gift (2gb) with still some of the original promo startup data. My dormant account also has some data. That's going to be revived the middle of this month.

@THS wrote:

How did you get so many data bonuses? I don't have any showing right now and been with em for 2 years. Only shows RBC one which is fully used up.  

Some of those free data add-ons were offfered to all customers, but each person had to manually add it to the account when it offers.  There are others that were given aways during contests, some that were given to some customers regionally in Alberta and British Columbia that required customers to respond to a text messgae to receive it, and there were other opportunities given to Community members for participlating in Public Mobile feedback sessions.

@THS 

If you’ve been here for two years, where are your Christmas holiday 2019 & 2020 gifts? There are announcements here in the Nov/Dec timeframe to log in and claim them and they text message customers advising them to log in and claim the free gifts. Unless you’ve received and used them up, you must not have responded to the text messages. 

AE_Collector

THS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How did you get so many data bonuses? I don't have any showing right now and been with em for 2 years. Only shows RBC one which is fully used up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@THS wrote:

Exactly. Its sad they don't care about existing customers. 

@THS : I and others here might beg to differ:

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

@THS wrote:

@J_PM 

This promotion has been either ongoing indefintiely or on-and-off for the longest time, that I'll suggest to consider adding 2GB additional to all of the plans $35 and up for anyone. As this offer has been around now for months, any sense of urgency for potential new customers sign up is gone, and it's clear that Public Mobile is willing to offer these data amounts at those price points on a recurring basis. Offering new plans that include the additional 2GB that are available to existing customers isn't  going to signficantly change the amount of new customers who sign up at this point.

THS

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree, I was looking forward to seeing the usual summer giveaways to loyal customers but so far have not seen any.  I look forward to those giveaways and alert the people who have signed up through me and my family and friends.  Since I have been with Public, there have always been those nice little gifts each summer and at Christmas.  This is one perk that I tell people about as they sign up.  Hopefully we see a return of these nice incentive goodies.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous Ah I see, I wouldn't do that because I don't want to lose the bonus data, otherwise there goes my incentive to join Public. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LeePublic 

by another member darlicious - Mayor / the provide
very important information, you have to know about it

It might have worked for you but until your renewal you don't know for sure. Pm could turn around and rescind your data bonus and tell you that you did not enter valid promo code so now you get none. It's one thing to make an honest mistake and pm honours the promocode or gives you the original promocode plan data bonus.....its another thing altogether to publicly advise other customers to purposely use the promocode you accidently imputted when you activated.

my respect @darlicious is very important points ! thank you for mentioned that
i appreciate it very much and for the new customer the have to know about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LeePublic 

i suggest you if you are a New Customer and you need to know about that Flash Sale!
Get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+ with promo code 2GBBONUS.

you can do Live Chat with Agent, Online Activation Assistance click  Here  that only for New Customer, to you make sure for it.

also read  Terms and conditions 
Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time.

Offer available to new customers who activate online.

2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.
This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
This offer is subject to change without notice.

• note: very important to do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,
  • and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about a 1 minute and put it back on, to refreshing your network,

• How To Activate Online visit Here  for more information,
  • Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here 

• for 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+

online only for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know,

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE  ... 

• when you like to Activate put it both code one for promo another one for refer a friend and you will receive a one-time credit of $10. the will applied with 72hr, if you don't have a code for refer a friend let me know by Private Messages i will send to you
  • plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. 

• Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

LeePublic

@hTideGnow LOL! 😂 I wouldn't do that incase if PM flags the promo code.

@LeePublic  maybe we should push it a bit further, try 4GBBONUS or 5GBBONUS?  LoL

LeePublic

@hTideGnow Yes, though there's one guy who had some success applying 3GBBONUS to get 3 GB monthly data as a promo. YMMW. 

Thanks @LeePublic  .

It is the same Promo code, right?  So, they pretty much just extended the current promo?

LeePublic

There's a new 2 GB Bonus data Flash Sale ending August 16th, just a FYI.

@shahestates wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

But my question is that why are the online support chat team saying it is only for 6 months ??

@shahestates  did you talk to the Activation online support ?  I believe those are Telus employee and they might not know the plan very well.  

From what we know, this is a re-occurring bonus with no ending.  

Of course, you can open a ticket with Customer Support Agent to confirm.  They will communicate with you via Community Inbox, which is good, you have the proof in writing.

Yes I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Some of the people that you spoke with are likely looking at the details of a similarly-themed but different promotion. To my knowledge, there was an offer that lasted for 6 months sent to some previous customers.  The bonus data being discussed in this thread lasts as long as you stay a customer on the eligible plan.  I wouldn't continue asking CS_Agent or live chat.  The correct information has already been provided to you in this thread. 

@shahestates 

I can understand the frustration with conflicting information. the terms and conditions are clear on this promo as follows:

1. Activate online with a plan $35+.
  2. Add the promocode 2GBBONUS when activating.
  3. The expiry is unlimited as long as you don't change your rate plan.
  4. Your account must be active and in good standing. I can say that if you suspend your service via lost/stolen it won't affect your promotional data. Suspension for non payment I have not tested.
  5. The email registration is a courtesy email you are not required to use the same email to activate or register an email to qualify for the promo. I would do it just so you have a copy of the terms and conditions.
  6. Activate by 11:59:59pm eastern on August 13th 2021.

The activation chat people are getting mixed up with a select retail locations 2gb bonus data for 6 months promotion....pay them no heed they only know basic info about pm.

@shahestates wrote:

Yes, ticket has been submitted but they might take 2 days to respond me. The bonus will expire on Aug 13.

Without live calling agent it is very bad Customer service in PM. I am disappointed

it could take up to 2 days, but usually it is couple hours.  So, keep checking your Community inbox for new messages, CS Agent will respond you there.  

Yes, Live Support is the most asked service here.  But PM tries to cut down the cost a bit by having this fully online support model.   

shahestates

@Anonymous wrote:

@shahestates : It's quite frustrating to hear all these mixed messages. As far as we know it's unlimited recurring as long as you submit an email, activate online, select >$34 plan, don't suspend, don't change plan. Although the last two may be YMMV if you change up or down staying above $34.

Yes it is very frustrating to me before even joining PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shahestates : It's quite frustrating to hear all these mixed messages. As far as we know it's unlimited recurring as long as you submit an email, activate online, select >$34 plan, don't suspend, don't change plan. Although the last two may be YMMV if you change up or down staying above $34.

Fawcett

@shahestates the activation online support clearly told me for as long as you stay with Public Mobile.

shahestates

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:
I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Open a ticket with CS Agent,  their answers are more reliable.    And as I said, you have the answer in writing in your inbox just in case there is dispute in the future.

Yes, ticket has been submitted but they might take 2 days to respond me. The bonus will expire on Aug 13.

Without live calling agent it is very bad Customer service in PM. I am disappointed

@shahestates wrote:
I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

Open a ticket with CS Agent,  their answers are more reliable.    And as I said, you have the answer in writing in your inbox just in case there is dispute in the future.

shahestates

@hTideGnow wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

But my question is that why are the online support chat team saying it is only for 6 months ??

@shahestates  did you talk to the Activation online support ?  I believe those are Telus employee and they might not know the plan very well.  

Of course, you can open a ticket with Customer Support Agent to confirm.  They will communicate with you via Community Inbox, which is good, you have the proof in writing.

Yes I chat with Activation support two different team members and both said the same thing 6 months limited bonus. But email received is clearly stating unlimited. They are misleading me and thinking of not porting my number from Freedom's 5GB data plan for $35.

@shahestates wrote:

shahestates

@esjliv wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

@Fawcett @J_PM 

Is the 2GBBONUS code still working for signing up today for getting bonus recurring data every month? Someone said it is only limited for 6 months ?

@Fawcett YMMV

@shahestates 

Terms and conditions state below:

esjliv_1-1628683292085.png

This seems ambiguous, please see my email message below:

Public.jpg

@shahestates wrote:

@Fawcett @J_PM 

Is the 2GBBONUS code still working for signing up today for getting bonus recurring data every month? Someone said it is only limited for 6 months ?

@Fawcett YMMV

@shahestates 

Terms and conditions state below:

esjliv_1-1628683292085.png

Fawcett

@shahestatesyou have until August 13th and you’ll receive the bonus each month for as long as you stay with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.