Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Sept 3 - 7

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 3 to September 7 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 7 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 7 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with using the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

102 REPLIES 102

@barndoor 

I didn't fiddle much with my settings in my profile except to turn off all email notifications. That way when I'm online I'm on and when I'm not I am left undisturbed. I know enough to check in for CSA replies....however you can change your settings to be notified of private messages or threads you started etc....

I myself just check my notification feed. If I have replied then anything to do with that thread will pop up in my notifications. A little harder to follow is a thread you are interested in but have nothing to say yet....although someone else could probably tell you what to do. @Jb456 was good for having the curiosity of a cat and finding all of the working (or not) functions of the website.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

But your Google Pixel 3a xl still has a lot of life in it yet.

How do you know I have a Pixel 3a XL?  What colour is my underwear?

Wait out a couple years and get a Pixel 6 discounted. The 5 isn't much of an improvement over your current one to justify the expense.

Well my screen is well cracked (despite a case) although I now just see right through it.

As for the 5, I've heard that it's not worth the upgrade.

The 5a however?? But alas not Canada bound.

But the pull of a new toy is strong with this one (me).

@softech wrote:

@bristal wrote:

Hi there.

Just wondering if I can still register this deal for my friend, he wants to switch to PM. 

Thanks

@bristal   Yes, it should be.  PM has been extending this promo week after week.  But do it fast, it can of course end it any time. 

@bristal , yes, the promotion is exteneded

Flash Sale: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

barndoor

@AE_Collector wrote:

This has turned into a great discussion IMHO. Lots of friendly discussion and thought. Some viable workarounds for the lack of data problem. 

I do notice the discussion is in an announcement topic though. I would suggest that maybe it should be split to its own topic but as always am fearful of where it could land. More effort should go into new titles for split topics IMHO. (Yes we’re covering everything here)

AE_Collector

So how do things work here  ... I don't see a legend anywhere to say what is what . For example how do I tell if I have posted in a thread , or been quoted , there does seem to be notice if someone mentions me by name or bravos a post I made ,  I dunno ... I have been on other bulletin boards and I seemed to be able to follow them . But here I just give up and would have to ask  . Maybe it's an old age thing and I don't have a lot of time left so I don't want to spend it searching through bb discussions for answers.  Other than what shows up on the news feed or a post I get an alert about  i have no idea what is on the discussion block with out spending hours looking around . 

I wanted to ask what is the best  way to get a phone and a bit of data for info searches if we go to Iceland  for a week ...but I have no idea where to put it that I will find it again  if it isn't answered promptly.

@bristal wrote:

Hi there.

Just wondering if I can still register this deal for my friend, he wants to switch to PM. 

Thanks

@bristal   Yes, it should be.  PM has been extending this promo week after week.  But do it fast, it can of course end it any time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bristal wrote:

Hi there.

Thanks

@bristal 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

bristal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.

Thanks

@bluejaywpg 

You're close....$3 referrals+$2 autopay+$5 loyalty (eventually)=$10(my first account)+$2? community=$12+$3 more referrals=$15 - $15=$0/$15 plan. Three years to get 3 more referrals. Lol...how old and how many kids do you have? That's when you start working on their parents!! PM is the worry free teenage cellphone account......no overages!

This has turned into a great discussion IMHO. Lots of friendly discussion and thought. Some viable workarounds for the lack of data problem. No one started out incensed with PM and making us, the community the bad guys. A picture here and there hasn’t tossed a good PM discussion into the lounge (won’t push my luck with a phone pic). 

I do notice the discussion is in an announcement topic though. I would suggest that maybe it should be split to its own topic but as always am fearful of where it could land. More effort should go into new titles for split topics IMHO. (Yes we’re covering everything here)

The GM Futurliners were from the 1940’s, a time where Television wasn’t the advertising medium it is today (or was until recently?) so GM built a dozen of these to do the North American exhibition circuit showcasing is “Parade of Progress”. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Futurliner

AE_Collector

bluejaywpg

@barndoor you're perhaps right, though I would still be paying $9 (before community rewards, which have never been more than $2 for me) if I was still on the $15 plan. 

I guess everyone I know with a cell phone paying far more per month thinks that their rates are great deals & that it's not worth it to lower the monthly bill, or at least look into it. I can't think of anything else. I tell people that I pay zero at Simplii Financial but they aren't interested, even though some pay at least $20 per month just for a bank account. It's a super easy way to save money, so I don't understand why so many wouldn't be interested. It seems like slickness works more than straight facts. But I don't know what the secret is with those that pay zero here, though @darlicious has mentioned a few things that make sense. I just don't know why people are not interested from the get go when I mention PM & how little it costs. 

@barndoor wrote:

Is anyone else finding this website very slow this morning ? 

Community site?  Yes.  Click on it and only see the background colour.. 5 to 10 more seconds before the contents are loaded.

In fact, it has been like this on and off for me.  was good last week again, I thought issue gone away and start getting this slowness this week again

barndoor

@Quigley wrote:

@barndoor  I have a postpaid plan that's not expensive and they let me switch my plan ( due to my usage ) monthly if I want, at no extra cost. It's very convenient.

@Quigley  ... it would be . I guess the competition  gets stiffer on all fronts .

Is anyone else finding this website very slow this morning ? 

@barndoor  I have a postpaid plan that's not expensive and they let me switch my plan ( due to my usage ) monthly if I want, at no extra cost. It's very convenient.

barndoor

@rossputin wrote:

Normally my data is fine because I use wi-fi as much as possible.  However in the coming months I'll be in situations where wi-fi won't be available.  So the 10 gigs for $5 more is attractive.

One other consideration ... with PM they apparently don't mind you changing plans ,since you can do it yourself . If the need  for more data is temporary  you could up the plan for now and then  when back to better wifi availability  drop the plan back down   and still keep loyalty and rewards .   It seems to be a selling point of prepaid plans that I don't see mentioned much ...I certainly can't imagine  postpaid letting you adapt your plan to your consumption  unless it is a more expensive plan . 

barndoor

edited because I have no idea where this came from .🙄

@rossputin @

I was with telus for 20 years (first 3 w/clearnet after telling telus where to go....)and like many I was brand loyal and their loyalty department gave me what I wanted when called upon. But after a series of slight plan adjustments that turned into huge billing errors the final straw was being turned down by the loyalty department for a $5/12 month bill credit.

Loyalty was out the window and I ported out the next day to pm. Two bills from freedom and telus went from $75+tax to $36+tax at PM to $28 ($40 plan on a promo)and $0 to a steady decline in billing til the promo ended and I switched to the $15 plan=$0 at 1 year and $0 account fluctuating between +$5 and +$13.

@LeePublic 

Loyalty is a hard thing to break especially when trying to switch someone to a provider they have never heard of...or if they have it's not good things. But first I tell them it's on the telus network and owned by Telus and the reason that they have heard only negative comments is because all the customer service is online and people who don't understand that are the reason that pm gets a bad name. I offer to walk them thru the process and help them if needed. The ones who balk because they don't understand technology (despite having smartphones?!!) I offer to help manage their accounts.

I have only lost 2 referrals....a visiting American couple. All my other referrals are extremely happy. Other than a few having a hitch or two during activation they have all had perfect service since switching providers. 4 of them I actively manage ( as in they have never logged into their account) and 3 that I oversee and help if they have questions. The rest manage their own accounts.

@bluejaywpg 

Other than the bf none of my immediate family are with pm. All my referrals are friends, acquaintances and a few community members and one mystery referral. I have either gained them from helping them out on the community, worked on them til they are free of a contract like the one who will be activating at the beginning of October or I have them marched down to London Drugs kicking and screaming that they like fido despite constantly getting cut off service because he couldn't afford $80 per month and the $35 reconnection fees who is now happily kicking himself each month when he pays his $9 pm phone bill.

All you have to do is start the conversation....find out who someone's provider is and if they have a prepaid account. Then you ask how much data they use and how much they pay. If they have a large data plan, a post paid account and/or talk about how awesome their fancy phone is they are not your demographic.

Anyone with an older phone who uses very little data or only WiFi and pays between $25 and $45 a month is your target audience. They are all overpaying for their service but are worried they can't keep their phone number, they need to have the porting process explained and done for them either by you or a retail location with you accompanying them. And they need the assurance they can call on you if they have a problem. You become the call centre (but they rarely have a problem.)

However as in my referrals like this I keep a copy of their account info and keep them aprised of free gifts and load them if necessary or tell them to reply YES to a text or sit down with them to help type out their contest entry. Just like the community the $1 monthly reward is peanuts to the smile on their faces as they save money or learn one tiny new thing about how their phone works.

Those peanuts 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜do eventually add up to a $0 bill.

barndoor

@bluejaywpg wrote:

There is no way in heck that I'll ever be able to get even close to a zero dollar bill. I don't know how anyone is able to do it. 

I would  guess that those getting it free here are likely using a $15 plan  ...   not a high data $35 plus plan .   Darlicious might be able to swing it with a more expensive plan with all the strategies she seems to  have for cost cutting but I can't imagine the average person that just wants a phone with data to use ever coming even close to free. 

PM does seem to have a more obvious and fair loyalty program than other carriers  ...but when talking to other family members  .. the other carriers all seem willing to offer as good as or better perks but they just need to be pushed a little harder sometimes . As I've said before I have an inlaw that uses Fido and loves them ,been with them a long time and they offer him deals that he can't find anywhere else. 

Unfortunately there seems to be no predictability as to when or why situations go bad . .. in my past experience it can be as simple as getting the right CSA that can make all the difference . 

Geez ...that Fido bus is an ugly piece of engineering . 

rossputin

@LeePublic I was with Telus 15 years (ish).  I was very leary of switching and PM but pleased with the outcome.

I saw Telus has a $80 BYOD plan.  I'm like "WTF".

Better options out there for sure.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bluejaywpg Agreed, It's hard to convince some people because they look at you like "WHO?" then they don't bother switching, because they don't trust it or they feel it's a bit skeptical. Also, it a lot harder to convince someone when they have been with the carrier for 10+ years, and they are content to pay $80+/mo.  

bluejaywpg

@barndoor wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@rossputin wrote:

My local Fido offering 10 GB per month for $5 more than I'm paying now.  Sad to say I'll probably move.

Unfortunate as I've acquired an affinity for PM.

..but Fido won't give you Community Reward or Friend's referral, there is no chance to make it $0 monthly fee like many here  🙂

@hTideGnow ,  Just curious  , what percentage of those here have a $0 monthly fee ?  And at what cost to them in time and effort ? 

edited to add ,  @rossputin , what plan you on here ?

There is no way in heck that I'll ever be able to get even close to a zero dollar bill. I don't know how anyone is able to do it.  I have a whole whopping 3 people - my wife, son, & dad.  I think my brother-in-law had joined & then quit after a month.  I have not been able to convince anyone else to join PM.  So if I see the right offer at another provider, I'm jumping ship.  But it seems like that will happen when hell freezes over.  PM is easily the best of a bad lot.

@barndoor 

That was meant as a compliment with attached humour.....?😁🤔😉😃😅😆🤣🤣....😎🍆...🍐?

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

Even our resident antagonist @barndoor  bumped himself up to a $5 community reward this past month!😃

Antagonist  ??   Ouch   😞      ... It just goes to show that you don't have to help people here to get a buck or two . Just running your post count up discussing and learning about  anything relating to the site works . 

I think some here need to find  better dog trainers ... we have an account with the mama dog that suits  its purpose for cheaper than anything here  ...well without doing a bunch of extra work to get it free here .  And we get along fine with them but its prepaid . 

I don't envy anyone the challenge of trying to find more data at a good price due to all the variables  like different speeds, different payments , phone purchase plans ,  rewards ,  variability in activation fees, fine print BS,  etc .  Sometimes better the devil you know  for a little more money  than having to learn the tricks of a new one . 

@rossputin 

Canadian Cell Supplies

An official pm retail partner that offers additional discounts on activation bundles, occasionally on vouchers and SIM cards are usually $5 or less.

Phone wise swiftronics currently has a dual sim Samsung A32 on for $299. But your Google Pixel 3a xl still has a lot of life in it yet. Wait out a couple years and get a Pixel 6 discounted. The 5 isn't much of an improvement over your current one to justify the expense.

@rossputin  If your lucky maybe Fido might still have the Pixel 5.

@rossputin CCS is Canadian Cellular Supplies 

rossputin

@darlicious 

What is CCS?

No, I haven't got the phone yet.  Disappointed to see the Pixel 5 sold out here.

rossputin

@Quigley where did you get the idea that I'm looking to leave?  A bit of an odd take.

It's the opposite.  I stated quite clearly I have an affinity for PM. 

But if I need more data and it's cheaper, what am I supposed to do?

I post here because I want to stay. That should be obvious. Anyone "looking to leave" just does so.

rossputin

Wow!  No wonder @darlicious is the mayor!!! Should be ambassador! @AE_Collector tpo.

Food for thought, thank you.

Normally my data is fine because I use wi-fi as much as possible.  However in the coming months I'll be in situations where wi-fi won't be available.  So the 10 gigs for $5 more is attractive.

As for rewards, etc, great stuff if you work at it.  I've yet to get someone to join despite my efforts.

But you both raise great points.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to do a double-take on that front tire shadow and investigate. Interesting dually front steering on that thing.

@AE_Collector 

Yes and we don't pay for expensive advertising props....like the one you just dug up?!!

Need Help? Let's chat.