cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: From Sep 23-30 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mob

@ooakosiryan wrote:

@Alan_K  For convenience, I want to tell the person I'm referring to just go to Walmart to and activate in-store. Walmart is offering free SIMs for people who activate in-store.

However, this won't work for the promo, right? Because it says to activate online, as opposed to in-store...?

Not sure how it makes sense to add a restriction like that. Isn't Public Mobile happy to have new customers regardless of where they activate? And when in-store is offering free SIMs, it gets rid of the incentive for someone to avail of the promo because they'll be saving $10 on the SIM anyways.

If the person signs up in-store at Walmart, then I (the referrer) will only get the usual reward of $1 off per month, while the person I'm referring will save the equivalent of $20 (from the free SIM in-store—so the bonus doesn't actually make them better off because they'd have to spend $10 on a SIM to activate online and get the $10 extra bonus).

Is that correct or am I missing something?

UPDATE:

Let me preface this by saying I love Public Mobile, and I've had no issues with my account! I say good things about PM, and so my coworker wanted to join.

I convinced her to just get a SIM card for $10 at the Mobile Shop, and I would activate it for her online today. She's a coworker and we're at work right now—I won't be seeing her again until Tuesday (when the promo is over).

So she gets a SIM card, and I enter all the info to activate it, pick a number for her, then get the 404 error. We try again and it says to wait 50 mins. We wait 50 mins. We try again, and this time it takes us one screen further: after picking a number, we pick the plan. We get the 404 error again. Can't try again for another 50 mins.

It's almost the end of the day, and I won't see her again until Tuesday. And now I feel bad for making her buy a SIM card then not even being able to activate it when she should've just avoided all the hassle and activated in-store with the free SIM.

Tried in incognito mode after clearing cookies/cache, used exact address as on credit card file, no space in postal code, no unit number...I frequent the community forum, so I know about the quirks and the little tricks. Still get a 404 error.

Pretty much we're going to miss out on the promo because of the glitchy, non-user-friendly activation system. Coworker might not even want to join PM now after seeing how terrible the system is while trying to sign up. It's a bad first impression of the company for her Smiley Sad

I've been with PM for almost a year now, and I love it! I understand that we get less for less money, and I like that. I don't expect things to go smoothly all the time, and I'm happy to pay less for that. This particular instance seems like a bit much though. I thought the hard part of getting referrals was actually selling people on PM, but in this case it's actually trying to sign them up after they're already convinced! Really making us work for those rewards Smiley LOL

Anyways, enough time for one more try before the end of the workday. Wish me luck!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: From Sep 23-30 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mob

@ooakosiryan wrote:

@ooakosiryan wrote:

@Alan_K  For convenience, I want to tell the person I'm referring to just go to Walmart to and activate in-store. Walmart is offering free SIMs for people who activate in-store.

However, this won't work for the promo, right? Because it says to activate online, as opposed to in-store...?

Not sure how it makes sense to add a restriction like that. Isn't Public Mobile happy to have new customers regardless of where they activate? And when in-store is offering free SIMs, it gets rid of the incentive for someone to avail of the promo because they'll be saving $10 on the SIM anyways.

If the person signs up in-store at Walmart, then I (the referrer) will only get the usual reward of $1 off per month, while the person I'm referring will save the equivalent of $20 (from the free SIM in-store—so the bonus doesn't actually make them better off because they'd have to spend $10 on a SIM to activate online and get the $10 extra bonus).

Is that correct or am I missing something?

UPDATE:

Let me preface this by saying I love Public Mobile, and I've had no issues with my account! I say good things about PM, and so my coworker wanted to join.

I convinced her to just get a SIM card for $10 at the Mobile Shop, and I would activate it for her online today. She's a coworker and we're at work right now—I won't be seeing her again until Tuesday (when the promo is over).

So she gets a SIM card, and I enter all the info to activate it, pick a number for her, then get the 404 error. We try again and it says to wait 50 mins. We wait 50 mins. We try again, and this time it takes us one screen further: after picking a number, we pick the plan. We get the 404 error again. Can't try again for another 50 mins.

It's almost the end of the day, and I won't see her again until Tuesday. And now I feel bad for making her buy a SIM card then not even being able to activate it when she should've just avoided all the hassle and activated in-store with the free SIM.

Tried in incognito mode after clearing cookies/cache, used exact address as on credit card file, no space in postal code, no unit number...I frequent the community forum, so I know about the quirks and the little tricks. Still get a 404 error.

Pretty much we're going to miss out on the promo because of the glitchy, non-user-friendly activation system. Coworker might not even want to join PM now after seeing how terrible the system is while trying to sign up. It's a bad first impression of the company for her Smiley Sad

I've been with PM for almost a year now, and I love it! I understand that we get less for less money, and I like that. I don't expect things to go smoothly all the time, and I'm happy to pay less for that. This particular instance seems like a bit much though. I thought the hard part of getting referrals was actually selling people on PM, but in this case it's actually trying to sign them up after they're already convinced! Really making us work for those rewards Smiley LOL

Anyways, enough time for one more try before the end of the workday. Wish me luck!

This is ooakosiryan's friend. It finally worked! He was able to sign me up just in time. Third time's a charm I guess. Looking forward to being part of the Public Mobile community

@majabiera  welcome to public, hope you like it here. I

it gets bumpy this is the place to come to and ask for suggestions before having to contact Moderators. 

You may have to test your patience but it looks like it's not much worse than waiting in call. So far I can't see myself leaving. response times are not too short but at least (at this point) they don't take days as suggested in some previous posts. I had to contact moderators twice and the most delay was actually due to me as I wasn't checking back frequently enough.

New in Public Mobile with the referral. 

Nothing about the credit in my account, will let you know in 72h

I didnt receive this promotion discount when i used my friends referral to activate within this time frame. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@moosedrools  did you activate online with a 25$ plan or higher?  When dud you activate? 

Yeap. Got the $40 plan and activated yesterday.. maybe i have to wait for this extra one? I do see only 10 bucks discount..

GR
Mayor / Maire

@moosedrools  I would say wait another 48 hours and if you still don't see the other 10$ then message the moderators! It does say it can take up to 72 hours to be applied 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you activated using your friends 6 digit referal code your friend would have almost instantly received a text telling him he had a new referal. You woukd normally have a $10 New Customer crefit showvup in your account likely within 24-72 hours.

If your activation was done yourself online, not at a dealer and on a $25 or higher plan and during this 1 week promotion period there will be a second $10 bonus credit show up in both your account and the account of the friend who referred you within something like a week after activation I believe.

I would first check with your friend to see if they received the new referal text.

Terry

8FA4855C-07F4-42A0-9AB1-49F50E7B5B16.jpeg

<Edit> Looks as though I type too slow! Yes, you should get the extra credits before too long.

Terry

Just ported 2 family members over tonight, waiting for the referral credit to show up.