cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Extended to Oct 6 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You & a Friend by Referring them to Public M

@Tony12 wrote:

It doesn't say activate at home. It says activate online which I activated online. Also it says plans starting 25 and above will receive the 20 dollar bonus for the person who got referred

Activating at a retail location doesn't qualify. Sorry.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Extended to Oct 6 - Get an extra $10 Credit for You & a Friend by Referring them to Public M

I just bought the sim card from the customer service representative so I should be entitled to the 20 dollar credit.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also the friend who referred me never got the 10 dollar credit so I wonder what are the benefits of him referring me to public mobile?

@Tony12 wrote:

I just bought the sim card from the customer service representative so I should be entitled to the 20 dollar credit.

Ok, no problem. @Dunkman and I were going by this:  "I activated with Walmart 1900 eglinton avenue".  If you didn't activate there, you will to open a support ticket to have the moderators look into this.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not the first time this wording has caused confusion but PM has two methods to activate, At a Dealer or Do It Yourself online (at home). To me it was quite clearly spelled out but I can't blame people who don't check a bit closer who make this mistake. I question everything first and I would have wondered why PM bothered to say "Activate Online" in advertisements to describe going to a dealer to get activated.

Mayor / Maire

@Tony12 

The key question is when you bought the SIM card at Walmart:

Did you activate your account at Walmart computer?  If at Walmart, it is considered an in store activation and will not qualify for this promotion.  

Some promotions are for in store activations.  Other promotions are for at home, online activations.  The wording can be somewhat confusing.  This promotion is for at online activations.  Instore activations use a different website from my understanding.  Public mobile can tell whether an account activation was done in store or elsehere.  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tony12 

To answer your question of what the person referring you gets since he didn't get the bonus $10.... he gets $1/month credit every month for as long as you remain with Public Mobile. That $1/Month to the person making the referral and a single $10 credit to the new customer is the regular referral bonus (always) at Public Mobile.