cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended for Cyber Monday - Get 20GB data for only $35 for 15 months!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Tuesday, November 22, customers can get an additional 20GB of data for $35 a month for 15 months* For a limited time, save $20 a month on our $55 plan for 15 months* using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Offer ends today. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

• Submit your email address here
  • Activate and select the 20GB for $55/month plan to receive a $20 credit for 15 months*

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

135 REPLIES 135

Modah5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im in my first month with the company, i was able to add this to my change plan and the promo said it was successfully applied. But I got nervous reading that it was for new customers. Am i considered new only being here a month? I was able to change it but changed back to my 45 a month for 20gb plan cause I dont want ot lose that one if i wont receieve the promo.  It wasn't listed on my billing page. Any clarification for me? 

@Danifast- Unknown.

Danifast

Till when is this offer available, because I ordered some Sim cards today but don't know when the will arrive...

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a similar experience with a limited undefined bonus data offer expiring on the day that I ported over. Despite that disappointment, I have been happy with the pricing and plan options.

@Stunning5941 wrote:

Can I still refer my friend for him to join the plan with the promo code?

HI @Stunning5941   Yes, your friend can use the promo code as well as your referral code.  They can co-exist  🙂

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't see why not.

Kev4

$40/15gb. At first I thought I wanted the permanent plan but every year there's new and better black Friday promotions so there's no point. I just submitted a ticket but if I don't get it then I'll go with Koodo black Friday deal of $35/20gb with rollover for 15 months. 

orby13

I had a similar issue. My previous provider locked my SIM so after 4 phone calls to them, visit to retail store, online chat, I finally got everything ported over this evening. Nonetheless still can't get the Black Friday deal. 

orby13

Same with my previous provider. I'm not worried about the price changing after 15 months. Who knows what deals might be available at that time so you can always change your plan, even earlier if it's worthwhile. 

HI @fawkes40   from my experience , NO

My family and myself has been here 4 or 5 years, my plan price is the same.

They might bring in new plan, but those grandfather plans have the price stayed the same

The only reason price hike I am aware of is the $10 plan, it is now $13.  Other than that I don't recall any price hike

fawkes40

Oh, interesting. Do they often increase their prices? That was one of the things that I didn't like about the company I was with before. Same price for many years and then it started to go up every year or so, even when I changed nothing.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kev4    Unfortunately, you're out of luck for this promo since it's been 3 days.  Did you activate with the $40/15GB or $45/20GB plan?   Those are good plans for current customers and price won't increase after 15 months (hopefully) unlike this 15 month discounted promo offer.

eulcon

I started my PM account yesterday but it didn't get activated until today due to porting problem.  I think they consider me starting it from yesterday 😞 Very disappointed. 

Kev4

In a new customer and joined 3 days ago. How do I switch to this plan as I can't see it when I try to switch plans.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@H0P    Thanks for the update and that's disappointing to hear although IIRC @eulcon received the same response and he activated today, so should be eligible.  @eulcon  If you activated today, then I would submit another ticket ask for the promo to be applied since the offer mentions the following:

"Starting Tuesday, November 22, customers can get an additional 20GB of data for $35 a month for 15 months* For a limited time, save $20 a month on our $55 plan for 15 months* using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY. "

@Stunning5941   Yes you can refer your friend if he's activating a new account.  Make sure the friend follows the directions to receive this offer:

"How to Get this Offer: 

• Submit your email address here
  • Activate and select the 20GB for $55/month plan to receive a $20 credit for 15 months*"

Stunning5941

Can I still refer my friend for him to join the plan with the promo code?

H0P
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CS_Agent said that they cannot apply this offer since his account was activated yesterday and the promotion became available today

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Thank you....fixed it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@eulcon   Thanks for the update and TBH very surprised to hear that as it's been done many times previously.  Hopefully, @H0P will update as to their response and if it's a different outcome to yours, then I would submit another ticket and ask why you received a different response.

BTW, I still think the current plans available for all customers in self serve of $40/15GB or $45/20GB are better than extra data for 15 months only.

eulcon

Got a reply from CS_agent and they told me that the promo cannot be applied to my account retroactively. Hopefully @HOP have better luck... Thank you @dabr  and @walker1 

@darlicious    Both the $40/15GB and $45/20GB plans were available earlier today, and I just logged in now to confirm that they're still there.

Agree with your other points though..

edit:  If you're viewing an account that has scheduled the change to the $40/15GB plan, then you won't see it being available unless you cancel the change.

H0P

Appreciate the information, he has sent a message to the support about this

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Looks like the $40/15gb is no longer available for existing customers and here I thought the expiry date of November 27th applied to both existing customers and new activations? 🤔 ️ oops! Wrong ignore this statement.

Edit:

@dabr  Indeed you are correct as I logged in on an account to check the data usage of a referral that recently changed to that plan.....D'oh!! It also proves how a customer can migrate to a higher priced plan thinking its such a great deal they can't resist the urge to get it because of FOMO!! His plan changed from the $15 plan to the $40/15gb plan on the 15th....and he has 14.97gb left out of 15gb?!! In 3 years he has used 16.87% of the 2019 holiday 1gb bonus data add on......but that $40/15gb is a great deal!! Lol...I should schedule a change plan in next renewal back to the $15 plan and he probably wouldn't even notice?

@J_PM 

It is nice that much more competitive offers are coming fast and furious but it's too bad public mobile only values the customers with larger disposable incomes.....ironic that a low cost carrier only passes the savings on to customers with higher incomes on the backs of its lower and fixed income customers? Seems to me to be a pretty discriminatory practice to force a 30% rate hike on the most vulnerable customers/members of society while rewarding higher income customers with large discounts and larger and larger data buckets!!! That's hardly equitable and in my opinion exclusionary and VERY UNCANADIAN!! But I guess Mr. Entwistle can only relate to his peers and has no compassion for the vulnerable who more and more everyday with rising inflation have to choose between eating, heating or staying connected?!!

@dust2dust 

I would be simply happy with a revocation of the unjust and completely unreasonable 30% rate hike to the low usage/emergency $10 50/50 legacy plan. I guess the unlucky $13 plan is for those of us unlucky enough to be disabled, seniors, widowed, students, single parents or otherwise not lucky enough to not be burdened by the tragedies of life that allows for a higher income and therefore get enjoy the savings passed on by public mobile going 100% online and introducing policies that limit accessibility for the vulnerable to recieve mobile services from public mobile? 🚫📵⚠️

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@H0P   PM have applied promos in the past for activations done within a day or two of a new promo offer, so while there's no guarantees, your brother has nothing to lose by asking customer support. 

eulcon

Thank you so much for the information. I will send a message to the CS agent.

H0P

My bro activated yesterday around 4:30 PM EST, would then it be possible to change to this new one?

People will certainly jump around now, and jump around after 15 months when the $20 comes back 

I've never been big on these type of temporary price promotions. I feel that after the 15 months, the price increase encourages customers to cancel the service.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@7MR   Yes, new activations only.  You can as an existing customer schedule a plan change to either $40/15GB or $45/20 GB plan in self serve if you're looking for extra data at a good price.

Need Help? Let's chat.