Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended: We’ve Expanded Our Offerings: Introducing 3G Speed + BONUS Data

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community!

We’re happy to announce that we’ve added 3G data options to our offerings in order to give you more choice. Our vision has always been to do wireless differently and that translates into our commitment to always offer you the most choice and flexibility in your plans.

You’ll now be able to build plans with either 3G or 4G LTE data speeds on Canada’s largest mobile network.

Along with launching new 3G data options, we're offering you bonus 3G data for a limited time when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 3G Speed**

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 4GB / 30 days

$129

= $43 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$120

= $40 / 30 days*

*Prices include $2 Reward per 30 days when you register with AutoPay on a 90-day plan.

There are plenty more plan options to explore, so feel free to play around with the new calculator to find a combination that’s right for you!

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1.    Activate your SIM card here.
  2.    After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score one of our limited time offers:
  •     90-day pass
  •     Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  •     Unlimited Global Text
  •     Your desired data allotment:

3 + 3GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 2GB / 30 days

6 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 4GB / 30 days

12 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 6GB / 30 days

1.    Select your payment method (don’t forget to sign up for AutoPay to receive the $2 Reward / 30 days) and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

•     This promotional bonus data offer is only for a limited time.
  •     Once an end date is communicated, it is the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

What’s the difference between 3G and 4G LTE?** Good question.

3G is a great option if you mostly use data to check Facebook, respond to emails or browse the web, but you may experience a slight reduction in picture quality and some buffering when viewing videos. 4G LTE is our fastest data option. If you’re looking to do all the above, plus stream HD videos and consume dynamic content, like Snapchat or Instagram stories, without compromising on image quality or a seamless video experience, 4G LTE is our recommended data speed for you!

Check out this video below to better visualize the difference:

**Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 750 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-200 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization.pdf. Compatible device required.

Are you a current Public Mobile customer?

If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan. Looking to change your current plan? No problem - use the Self Serve portal to make plan changes for your next renewal date, but keep in mind: once changes have been made, you will not be able to switch back to your current plan at a later date if it’s no longer available. View our Service Terms for more details.

You’ll also notice that we have removed and grandfathered the 10-day plan. We did this in order to refocus our resources and stay focused on what our customers want.

Public Mobile Community Team

646 REPLIES 646

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I asked this question a few weeks ago on the 3g plans via private message to mods - was the bonus data available if I decided not to get talk, and no text - just 90 days of data. The answer was Yes. you  get the bonus data - the only requirement was 90 days. So a buddy of mine got 18GB for $136/90 days and stuck the sim into a Telus HUB for portable internet

Heey,    Good question! the bonus data is included no matter how many services you take, could be data only! 🙂   Thanks,   Shazia

end quote

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WearySky wrote:

@srlawren I noticed those bonus data amounts earlier today.  I see that at the moment, they are still showing up for nationwide calling on the plans page - even though the announcement says to pick provincial calling.  Bug?  Or are they actually offering a promo on nationwide calling plans as well?  

Actually, it shows up still for cross-Canada + US calling too.

@WearySky good question that we should get confirmation on.  Thanks for bringing it up.

@Saray_O@Jeremy_M could you please?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

@srlawren I noticed those bonus data amounts earlier today.  I see that at the moment, they are still showing up for nationwide calling on the plans page - even though the announcement says to pick provincial calling.  Bug?  Or are they actually offering a promo on nationwide calling plans as well?  

Actually, it shows up still for cross-Canada + US calling too.

srlawren

@justmag I was waiting for this to post before I could tell you about it: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-Time-Offer-BONUS-Data-on-4G-LTE....  It's still not cheap, but if you wanted 18GB (approx 6GB per month) of full-speed LTE data, it might interest you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

For those of you thinking about switching over to a more-data-but-slower plan, you should look into Koodo's plans that they are offering in QC.  $49/mo for 6GB data and Canada-wide calling.  They are available outside of Quebec too, if you google how to do it.

justmag
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I understand I am grandfathered but this is what I got

55$ - 2gb (after Loyalty and Auto Pay rewards) -- what I have right now

67$ - 4gb + 2gb bonus (3G speed) -- what I am thinking about switching too

More data is seems more attractive to me, However, I dont know about the slow speed.

what do you think?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

EDIT.. removed - was answered previously..

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your $55 plan STAYS THE SAME... DONT CHANGE IT (unless you want to)

once you change it you can not go back.

Its only $70+ for NEW people signing up not for people who are already on the plan

srlawren

@justmag you do know that you are grandfathered on the plan you already have, right?  You will not be paying any extra unless you explicitly change your plan.  You can keep the $55 plan you're on indefinitely, just do not change plans or go suspended for more than 90 days.  There's no need to pick from the new plans unless you really want to.  I don't see any reason why you would want to change to the "3G" plans in your case.

justmag

Seems cheaper to me. Only losing speed.

srlawren

@justmag what makes you tempted by the 3G plan then instead of just staying on the plan you already have for $55?

justmag

This is really tempting, I want to switch to the 3g plan but I dont know about the reduced speed - I have 4gb + Unlimted Canada Talk + Global Text - for $55....It seems like this cost $70 bucks now. 

WearySky

@user001 wrote:

I just signed up with Koodo and threw 2 new public mobile sims away, why pay full service prices for self serve service?

Well that was a waste of two perfectly good sims.  Let's hope PM doesn't bring back the 4GB/$40 promo again 😛

user001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up with Koodo and threw 2 new public mobile sims away, why pay full service prices for self serve service?

@mimmo it really is what most people seem to be asking for

You have read all the ridiculous posts about % price increases in past month

mimmo

An endless promo....sounds too good to be true...I guess they realised without the promo  data chatr had them beat  on price once you considered the live call center support.

Dragonstew
So I saw the quite good prices with the previous offer, ordered SIM cards for the family. I new they wouldn't be here in time to take advantage of that offer but I figured the new offer wouldn't be hugely different.
Well it was different , very different! So I thought I would hang around and check out the new promotion on July 27th nothing happened and the date was changed to July 31.....nothing happened again and there is no end date for this promotion. I have checked back now today Aug 1st. Nothing!
This fish will dangle on the line only so long, so as of today the sims go in the garbage (envelope unopened) and I stop checking back for any new offeres. I will stay with my current carrier .
I have really enjoyed my glimpse into the PM community forums. You all seem like a group of very nice helpful people with a strong urge to help each other out and desire to have wanted PM to survive and flourish, I wish I could have been part of that. I believe your new owners have a different corporate vision . The further homogenization of canadian cell phone industry....no real choice just different wording......the 3 musketeers of the Canadian cell phone landscape and we know there motto!
So now I will step off my soap box and wait for the next little upstart company or the crtc to grow a set....SL ....an almost customer

Slinxci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I hope there is end date. This is the worst plans in PM. I hope it could change back, which is impossible. No any other new changes will surprise me now, I just wanna different plans that existing users can get some benefits. None of my friends or families wanna join in PM now.

Michael77
It just says limited time offer. It really doesn't look like a promotion. It looks like Chatr without a phone number. 🙂

srlawren

@mrijkse yep.  Originally it was July...27th I think?  And then they bumped it out to July 31st, but currently there's no end date listed.

mrijkse

Thanks - I thought I remembered reading the end of the month, but then I couldn't find a date listed so I wasn't sure if it was extended again. 

srlawren

@Pmarcovi wrote:

Wow! The terrible deal is going to be even more terrrible! 

🙂

@Pmarcovi eventually yes, but not tomorrow.

@xCameron94x wrote:
Promo ends today

@xCameron94x not any more. It appears to be extended for now, with no new end date communicated.  The last edit to the OP removed the date and now is just says once a date is communicated, that's that.  Have another look.  🙂

Pmarcovi

Wow! The terrible deal is going to be even more terrrible! 

🙂

Promo ends today

mrijkse

Is there an end date for this promo yet? 

Rockdaddy22
@tincase hopefully you never actually lost service today. I'm assuming everything is working well 🙂

Bubba

so Rogers Chatr copied PM, and PM is now coying Chatr. Is there a merger deal thats happening soon.

mimmo

@tincase as long as your phone has service i woudl not worry about it. this is a great post to read by @Luddite which descries the renewal process.

Also its best to start a new thread instead of adding on to an existing thread

tincase

Well at 12:30 it still says the account is suspended for not paying

Pmarcovi

Amazing! For LTE, PM is not more expensive than Koodoo/Fido/Virgin! And with all the others, you do not need to go on a 3 month plan.

Less for less, really?!!?

Need Help? Let's chat.