Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

Baffle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
That's what I figured. I'll live with Freedom for now.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Baffle,

Only PM knows if the promotion will come back. 

Baffle
Any word on this promo coming back? I just missed it but would love to jump on it.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c I wouldn't be able to tell.. I've been with Telus since 2003 until I swapped over to PM

Noosiekins
@Gamage let us know if they honor the special!

Gamage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Sweet, finally got my sim cards in today. Here's hoping I still manage to catch this one.

@Noosiekins I feel like Freedom has been awful since day 1

Even back in the day both Public and Mobilicity had far better service in my testing

I can't fathom why anyone would suffer with Freedom

Its better to not own a cell phone 

Can you imagine paying money for a car that only starts occasionally and doesn't go very fast?

Or a computer that crashed constantly?

Or food that might make you sick?

Freedom is trash; you are better to get a home phone + internet

Heck using free WiFi with a VOIP app is more reliable than Freedom lol

Cat LOL

@Noosiekins wrote:

I'm in BC too...and live in a condo... so concrete...which means Freedom probably won't work for me

@kav2001c wrote:

lol @Noosiekins

I know he is from BC but that's just mean Cat LOL

They do not all live in trees

@Noosiekins wrote:
@Harvir_K so Freedom is better for those living in a house?

Michael77

@xCameron94x,

True and that is why I think about moving from time to time.  I personally prefer postpaid. It feels more secure. You don't have to think about your next 90 days. Things just move along.  At PM, it kind of feels like they can just close the doors, change your plan or increase your plan price.  The logical side of me says it's not going to happen but it just feels that way.  

I can honestly say that I never had any system errors/issues with FM. The network was steady. Yes, reception was not always good but I lived with it because of the good price and plan. The FM network has improved a lot and will only get better.  PM (Telus) definitely has the better network but that's because they’ve been around longer.  FM is really important because without them, there would be zero competition in Ontario.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Luckily other than the sign up, I haven't experienced any of these issues.

I also agree. Yes reception and service is important, but the system is just as important. I'd rather have a few reception issues than a whole lot of system issues if I'm being honest

Michael77

@computergeek541,

I couldn't have said it any better!  Thanks for sharing @computergeek541.

@Michael77 wrote:

This is the last day for the FM promotion.  I think I am going to stick around for a little bit longer.  Maybe PM will come out with some promotions for existing PM customers?  🙂

I too was casually considering the switch to the $50 Freedom Mobile promtional Everywhere Plan.  While I admit that plan includes more features that I actually need, I don't like being told how to use my phone (ie. provincial only calling, being cut off from data after certain usage amount, etc.). 

At Public. I dislike all of the seemingly random system problems, that there doesn't seem to be any forseeable end to.  The network is good, but the random account suspensions, the system refusing to allow phone calls after incorrectly labeling them as national long distance, the strange text messaging problems after coming off of the US roaming add-on, the charging for services at the time of activation but the account not getting activated, etc., are all things that prove challenging for customers in what seems to be a broken self-serve computer system.  Lucklily, I've experienced none of that nonsense.

Over the years, I've noticed far fewer of those system type problems while using Wind.  While I am sure that Freedom does have some system issues, they don't appear to be anywhere near as bad as at Public.  Freedom's problem is the junk network.

Michael77

I am crossing my fingers and toes. LOL

srlawren

@Michael77 glad to see you decided to stay! Let's keep our fingers crossed for some exciting future promos, hopefully open to existing customers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77

This is the last day for the FM promotion.  I think I am going to stick around for a little bit longer.  Maybe PM will come out with some promotions for existing PM customers?  🙂

Gamage
Oh that's great to hear. Unfortunately I'm still waiting to get my sim cards in though as they still haven't arrived but I should have them soon.

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yep, we thought we missed the boat here as well. All we needed to do was give PM the order# for our SIM purchase, to prove that we bought the sim while the promo was active. One of the mods told me they'd be honoring this deal until August 31. 

PhoneSeeker

@Gamage wrote:

Well that was quick. I didn't even get my sim cards that I ordered Wednesday/Thursday night in before it expired.

Guess I'm sticking with FM.

If you ordered a SIM card before the offer expired, message a moderator and they should be able to honor the plan. Some people have even reported getting 18GB of data instead of 12! Good luck! Smiley Very Happy

Gamage

Well that was quick. I didn't even get my sim cards that I ordered Wednesday/Thursday night in before it expired.

Guess I'm sticking with FM.

Michael77
@Noosiekins, LOL!

Noosiekins

@Michael77 I don't think you're supposed to think about the deals with how fast they pull the promos.

@Michael77 wrote:

Sorry, @Rockdaddy22. 😞

This just gives people another option.  I still have to take the time to think about these deals.

Noosiekins

Noosiekins

I'm in BC too...and live in a condo... so concrete...which means Freedom probably won't work for me

@kav2001c wrote:

lol @Noosiekins

I know he is from BC but that's just mean Cat LOL

They do not all live in trees

@Noosiekins wrote:
@Harvir_K so Freedom is better for those living in a house?

smp99

Given that the 3g upload speed has been (supossively) increased to 2.5mb/s, I would think that a 12GB 3g promo $120, everything else being the same, would be popular. And I would hope they open it to all

Rockdaddy22
It can definitely be a tough choice for some people.

Michael77

Sorry, @Rockdaddy22. 😞

This just gives people another option.  I still have to take the time to think about these deals.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately I don't live in a big city.

I dont have an LTE phone, but they will be putting Bands 7 and 13 in Toronto at least, just dont know when. So could be worth it to take the risk now and play the waiting game too

Lyjuice
10 mg for $40
Need Help? Let's chat.