Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also FM has Wifi calling.  I had it when I was with them.  I am hoping PM comes up with some sort of plan because 8 gigs, US and Canada Roaming, etc, etc.  I am even considering switching.  The promotion is only on for the weekend.

Michael77

True.  I have a Freedom phone.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If you have a phone that can access the Lte

Michael77

It also depends on whether you have the old 3g plans.  The 3g data sucks. But the LTE on FM is very good.  Plus with the $50 plan you get Canada and USA calling/Roaming.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

@deltatux that is just WRONG

Mississauga & Etobicoke have HORRIBLE coverage

I have used 3 different accounts personally over past decade

(even in the fake Mobile Syrup news their LTE dropped out once they hit Royal York or so with nothing further west)

@deltatux wrote:

Unfortunately, Freedom Mobile historically targets the west side of GTA the most as that's where its target market really is. Fought tooth & nail to get them to improve their York Region network for years until I left them for Public Mobile when I had enough. If you look at their network updates, they still rarely deploy towers in York Region where they're sorely needed.

Seems like our experiences have differed when we used to be with Freedom Mobile. Also depends on which year you left as well since their network is different year-to-year. When I used to be with them, I rarely had issues with their network quality when I was in Mississauga/Brampton. Also, judging by their network update page, they prop up most of their towers in Toronto, Mississauga or Brampton more than anywhere else.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter considering we all now have better coverage on TELUS via Public Mobile.

Michael77

All quiet on the home front.  With all the excitement yesterday.............  I am going to sleep now. LOL 🙂 🙂 🙂

@deltatux that is just WRONG

Mississauga & Etobicoke have HORRIBLE coverage

I have used 3 different accounts personally over past decade

(even in the fake Mobile Syrup news their LTE dropped out once they hit Royal York or so with nothing further west)

@deltatux wrote:

Unfortunately, Freedom Mobile historically targets the west side of GTA the most as that's where its target market really is. Fought tooth & nail to get them to improve their York Region network for years until I left them for Public Mobile when I had enough. If you look at their network updates, they still rarely deploy towers in York Region where they're sorely needed.

lol @Noosiekins

I know he is from BC but that's just mean Cat LOL

They do not all live in trees

@Noosiekins wrote:
@Harvir_K so Freedom is better for those living in a house?

SD08

@juliohj wrote:

I saw this offer yesterday and went to walmart inmediatly to buy the sim card, sadly I was informed that they did not carry PM simcards at that location (Grandview Highway, Burnaby), so I went back home to order the sim card online. This evening I happen to check again for it and I see that the offer has been removed even when it never showed an expiration date.

I already ported my wife's number from freedom to PM months ago and this seemed like the perfect opportunity for me since I'm a heavier data user than her. But now I find myself waiting for a simcard that I wont be able to use since the offer was removed without a warning.

@juliohj

PM will honour the promo for those who ordered their SIMS while the promo was still available.  See here for an example:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Expired-Limited-Time-Offer-for-Freedom-...

They will likely need the order number from the confirmation e-mail you received when you placed the order, so make sure you keep that handy.

Noosiekins
@juliohj - if you go back up the thread, there are a few who messaged the mods directly to explain the situation and they might honour the promo once you receive the SIM

jshmeek

I wish they would've at least given 24 hours notice on the plan, instead of just shutting it down without a word. Talk about alienating future customers.

juliohj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw this offer yesterday and went to walmart inmediatly to buy the sim card, sadly I was informed that they did not carry PM simcards at that location (Grandview Highway, Burnaby), so I went back home to order the sim card online. This evening I happen to check again for it and I see that the offer has been removed even when it never showed an expiration date.

I already ported my wife's number from freedom to PM months ago and this seemed like the perfect opportunity for me since I'm a heavier data user than her. But now I find myself waiting for a simcard that I wont be able to use since the offer was removed without a warning.

deltatux

@eelui wrote:

I absolutely hate Freedom mobile. I am in York Region - but not far far York Region and my data is spotty and people can't reach me by my phone number. Even when I drove to Toronto, the data was SLOW. Someone explained to me that also if you are using an iphone 6 you only get 3G because of the type of LTE they have (not sure..I'm not a techie). I was on Freedom for 5 days and it felt like the opposite of freedom! 

Freedom Mobile's LTE network (in most places except Ottawa) is on AWS-3 (Band 66). No iPhones currently supports Band 66 is the issue. Even with Band 66 support, Freedom Mobile has a special configuration that only phones sold by them are officially supported.

eelui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I absolutely hate Freedom mobile. I am in York Region - but not far far York Region and my data is spotty and people can't reach me by my phone number. Even when I drove to Toronto, the data was SLOW. Someone explained to me that also if you are using an iphone 6 you only get 3G because of the type of LTE they have (not sure..I'm not a techie). I was on Freedom for 5 days and it felt like the opposite of freedom! 

Rockdaddy22
You'll be gaming soon 🙂

Gamer
I have messaged the mods and sent all my info no reply yet still waiting. I really wish they had a number to talk to someone. To spend $100 to get service and it failed sucks i bough the sim card and $85 in nonrefundable vouchers and have no service. Im a Gamer with no wifi i need my fix lol

charlton
Thanks. Yes, I've emailed the moderators. I don't really need them or expect them to respond right away so I'm in a better situation than most.

@charlton Please follow my reply to Gamer further down this thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Gamer wrote:
I got public mobile for this reason and i cant even use my account i tried to activate my new account and got some error Message now i cant even activate my account.I Got $75 on it and when i call the mobile number it says my account is suspended how its a new account i made today!

@Gamer If you haven't already done so click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your account email address, SIM card number, phone number (if you got that far) and an explanation. They have left for the day, so tomorrow is the earliest you can expect a response.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gamer
I been waiting 9h and my account is still not activated and no reply from a mod im a new client and starting to think i got scammed or the service sucks.

Noosiekins
@Harvir_K so Freedom is better for those living in a house?

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Noosiekins

i am from bc and i use freedom for one of my phones. Freedom is good and i get reception everywhere expect in rural areas. Also in concerete I don't get any reception 

Noosiekins
@kav2001c Some of the others on here seem to have gotten through to them to get the info on this deal pretty quickly this morning...

eelui

Yes, I had the same problem...in fact, I ordered a sim card online and bought one this morning, just in case. I did reach out to the moderator and she creditted my account - it was quite painless - just had to wait the 1 hour for the response. The 1 hour wait did suck...wondering if i would be stuck would 500 MB for 3 months..

charlton

My wife decided to go to PM this morning as well and bought the sim card from Walmart in the morning. We only got a chance to activate in the early evening and the website was a bit of a disaster (all manners of errors) but we finally managed to activate it. Realizing now that the deal was pulled prior to any of the promised "deadline dates" was pretty poor form, IMO. Hopefully, the moderators will help to honour the deal. Doing so for the people who had clear (provable?) intention to move to PM would at least be a positive display towards remedying this whole debacle.

charlton
To be fair, the situation isn't any better with Telus.

Michael77
@kav2001c,

I contacted FM twice today and only waited 30 seconds for one call and maybe 1 minute for the other.

@Noosiekins basically non existant

It is a zoned system with terrible coverage

@Noosiekins wrote:

@xCameron94x how's Freedom'ss coverage vs PM's?

@Rockdaddy22 Shaw & Telus hate each other out west

Some of the internet and tv offers they have are just pure insanity

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I think they just got scared away from targeted promotions. Shaw isn't playing games here.

@Noosiekins trust me when I say Freedom does not have customer service

Try calling in as a test and you will see

Most of the time it is a 30+ minute hold, and then you get a rep who can not even answer the most basic questions

Need Help? Let's chat.